AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/stay night Episode 9 Discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29562)

kj1980 2006-03-03 09:09

Fate/stay night Episode 9 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the ninth episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 3rd Mar 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any spoilers.

Village Idiot 2006-03-03 11:43

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2374940.htm

Pics up

suckoja 2006-03-03 11:55

This Episode... Killing me... Saber... is too cute!!!!!! Araghhhhh!!!!...

PS. Lost too much blood from cuteness...

Guido 2006-03-03 12:02

Hope we'll be fested much Saber v.s. Assassin action, and ought to explain the deal going on between Caster and Assassin.

justinstrife 2006-03-03 12:34

Damn... More Rider, Saber, AND Rin goodness. *in love*

Xellos-_^ 2006-03-03 14:08

Whats with the naked sabre :eyebrow:

Looks like Shirou completes his harem by adding the loli.:rolleyes:

great view of Rider :naughty:

demon_god04 2006-03-03 14:42

Maybe Saber is trying to regain the center of Shirou's attention from Rin.... :heh:

And no harem is complete without a loli or loli looking character.... -.-

PGilis 2006-03-03 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Whats with the naked sabre

Shirou is running away?!! :twitch:
I knew it!! He is GAY!! :frustrated:
Lucky bastard...

Quote:

Looks like Shirou completes his harem by adding the loli.:rolleyes:
Well, "Make Love, don't make war".
(Specially if the girl in question has a 10-feets-tall servant monster...) :heh:

Quote:

great view of Rider :naughty:
I'm second with that! :D

Shiroth 2006-03-03 15:05

I'm trying best not to looking at screen shots! >.<

Imo, this has the potential to be the best Fate episode to date.

Freakman 2006-03-03 15:58

Best Fate ep ? ^^;
Well it did have a few interesting points, if only for
Spoiler:

Otherwise nothing too memorable, but then given I've played the game, I sure don't expect surprises.

Shiroth 2006-03-03 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakman
Otherwise nothing too memorable, but then given I've played the game, I sure don't expect surprises.

I've also played the game, if you didn't read what i said, i said to date - meaning best so far.. not out of the whole 24 episode series.

Mentar 2006-03-03 16:53

I also rank this episode high up there, on par with the one I liked best before, ep2. After some longer deliberations, I decided to pull the 9, mostly to reward the amazing new music pieces which we were treated to. They definitely helped alot.

Production values went through the roof this time. The animation was just awesome.

Nevertheless, I can't help myself but wonder why they insist on wasting so much momentum by talking and talking and talking and talking now even in the middle of duels. If they'd capture only a third of the steam they lose while doing so, the show would be so much better. And yet, I still feel quite content.

A very good installment.

MakubeX2 2006-03-03 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar
Nevertheless, I can't help myself but wonder why they insist on wasting so much momentum by talking and talking and talking and talking now even in the middle of duels. If they'd capture only a third of the steam they lose while doing so, the show would be so much better. And yet, I still feel quite content.

Note that Tolkien also spent a better part of FOTR describing Middle Earth before the main events starts. Just be patient.

stormy001_M1A2 2006-03-03 18:14

Actually, I prefer talky parts.

If they spent time to develop the story with especially with TYPEMOON story, it is a good thing. One of the reason why Tsukihime failed is because they neglected to develop the backstory. Kinoko Nasu infused so much detail that it is injustice on just focusing on the fights.

Just my take on people felt the anime is too much conversation complaint.

Wyk72 2006-03-03 19:13

Ep.9 = awesome

This ep was so awesome! Can't wait to have it subbed.

> if I had been holed up with Saber, Rin, Rider, Sakura and Tiger-Sensei when I was
> a teenager, I would be so hormonally overcharged I wouldn't have remembered
> how to tie my own shoelaces.

Soo true, my friend. :D

And Saber got +1000 cuteness points when she fell in Shirou's arms.

I'm giving it an '8' in the poll just because I want to give a '9' in the next.....

Prodigious 2006-03-03 19:45

So I assume the fanservice is finally kicking into full gear?

demon_god04 2006-03-03 19:51

I hope not, Fate/stay night is not a series that would need fanservice. Not that im saying a bit now and then isn't good, but too much fanservice can take attention away from a serious plot.

Shinji103 2006-03-03 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakman
Best Fate ep ? ^^;
Well it did have a few interesting points, if only for
Spoiler:

It's got nothing to do with what Shirou thinks Saber wants to do. He doesn't want her going out there and getting hurt, especially needlessly. The fact that she wants to fight is all the more reason to him to keep her from fighting. :heh:

demon_god04 2006-03-03 20:09

It has everything to do with what Saber wants though. Servants follow the Masters because they also want the grail, that means that Saber also wants the grail for one reason or another, and thats why she is fighting in the first place.

Mr. Guy 2006-03-03 21:45

Saber needs mana after the fight. Give her the mana Shirou...! :eyespin:

Probably my favorite episode to date. Assassin came off very nice, I think he really benefits from having a voice. I always thought he was rather dull, but the seiyuu manages to make him seem a bit more interesting to me. I loved the little glimpse into Saber's power as well. Can't wait until it's completely released.

Caster x Rider fight was also rather nice, albeit a bit short and not having much more then was in the Curtain Raiser. Caster's voice sounded a lot better this episode as well. I had expected it to sound very fitting, but the brief bit of it that we saw last episode didn't really do it for me. This time it does. Rider's also even more hawt.

Next episode looks to be the Ilya meeting with Shirou at the park. A scene that took me by surprise the first time I played it. Hoping for a more insightful look into Ilya's character.