AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Nekogoroshi-hen Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52164)

xris 2007-08-02 18:20

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Nekogoroshi-hen Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Nekogoroshi-hen.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Klashikari 2007-08-02 18:24

Thanks xris !

as for those you didn't already got their hands on it, something which might fulfill your impatience ^^
Nekogoroshi-hen : Summary, Screencaps and little analysis

Well well, a very nice extra for the plot. Batsu game and a really insightful and mysterious omake, foreshadowing some tragedies in the arcs on the main series.
A big solid 9, almost a 10, though i was a bit complaining that the "serious" part was bigger than the hilarous fun time. (side note: they screwed Mion :x Pay attention of her back... and no, there is no way it can be Shion)

oh well ^^"

MarthX 2007-08-02 19:00

Makes you wonder if that mysterious man is connected to the others.

Perhaps the quarry is a secret base? It would be strange to introduce a complete new mystery with no intention of solving or answering it.

MezzoDragon 2007-08-02 20:03

Satoko is so cute in her Chinese outfit. Rena is also wearing a cute outfit.

BTW, this arc is the "Cat Killing Chapter". Yet, no cats died in this episode. Not even Rika while she is wearing her cat nurse outfit.

MarthX 2007-08-02 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MezzoDragon (Post 1074762)
Satoko is so cute in her Chinese outfit. Rena is also wearing a cute outfit.

BTW, this arc is the "Cat Killing Chapter". Yet, no cats died in this episode. Not even Rika while she is wearing her cat nurse outfit.

Did you watch the scene after the credits?

MezzoDragon 2007-08-02 20:28

Yes. No cats died then either.

Regardless of the confusing title, Satoko is so cute in a Chinese outfit. Rika is a lucky girl.

Cheezy 2007-08-02 20:28

hmm, so what is this Nekogoroshi-hen?

All i know is that it is some special episode or somenthing.

kitedragon 2007-08-02 20:28

I really liked how they rapid fired the credits in the end. I wonder if I'll get to see anything special on the last disc of the liscenced version in the US besides this.

Oh yeah, I can't remember clearly, but for people who watched Hau's fansub, are the song lyrics the same as the liscensed version?

Cheezy: It's a special episode for people who bought all the DVD's in Japan. It's a canon "arc" that takes place quite a while before Watanagashi.

Shion's Sanity 2007-08-02 21:02

How can you be sure when it takes place?O_O

MarthX 2007-08-02 21:19

Rika did say that Watanagashi would be starting soon.

Shion's Sanity 2007-08-02 22:21

I though you meant it took place before the arc of the same name.O_O

Aisling 2007-08-02 22:32

I liked this...but I have to say I'm a little confused about this "quarry" business. I don't remember ever hearing about any quarry in any other chapter...right? But the way it was explained does seem to make it tie in...

Spoiler for Some events in this episode:

Shion's Sanity 2007-08-02 22:46

Isn't the "quarry" something involved with the dam project?

blitz1/2 2007-08-02 23:14

I find it weird that they used the first opening with the later improved graphics. Oh well, it feels great to compare them again.

[ ] 2007-08-03 01:17

Wow, this came out of nowhere for me and I have to say I absoloutly loved it. It however did remind me of all that I missed from the old Higurashi, especially in terms of mood, direction and op/ed. I think the strong focus on keiichi/ rena is also what helped trigger nostalgia points. Either way. This was a really storng solid episode, that does offer a place for interesting new theories and adding tidbits of information.

Anyways. Blablah, ~great!~ Blah,
Hehehe.

Good Old Higurashi.
~[ ]

Shion's Sanity 2007-08-03 01:20

I was waiting for Irie to come dropping out of the sky the whole time they were in those costumes.

Rias 2007-08-03 02:27

This question is for people who knows what this epsiode is truly about. The question itself isn't a big spoiler, but I just wonder what other people thinks about this.

Spoiler:

Killer Loli 2007-08-03 02:48

was it just me or did keiichi remember again? and he didn't seem to have the same reaction as he did in tsumihoroboshi...

The Bloodlust Kid 2007-08-03 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MezzoDragon (Post 1074799)
Yes. No cats died then either.

Regardless of the confusing title, Satoko is so cute in a Chinese outfit. Rika is a lucky girl.

"Curiosity killed the cat". Hence the title.

And the fantasy sequence with Keiichi was just wrong. >_<

kagato3 2007-08-03 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1075309)
This question is for people who knows what this epsiode is truly about. The question itself isn't a big spoiler, but I just wonder what other people thinks about this.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: