AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   AnoHana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   AnoHana - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103919)

Kairin 2011-05-04 04:42

This thread is for those of you with questions about the AnoHana anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about AnoHana which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

DragoZERO 2011-05-27 19:30

What's the deal with "Anaru" and "Anal??"

Guardian Enzo 2011-05-28 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3628599)

Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames. As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

icatero 2011-05-30 18:51

A bit of a pointless question, but does Jinta's nickname come from adding an n to the end (like how Minori from ToraDora becomes Minorin), or is it taking the Jin and adding the childish pronunciation of -chan to the end?

Also, where does Poppo's nickname come from?

Malkuth 2011-05-31 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3628599)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3628888)
Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames.

Anjou Naruko
Meiko Honma
Matsuyuki Atsumu
Tsurumi Chiriko

I have no idea about the male members of the cast's nicknames.

Quote:

As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

I see it as more inspirational or should I say her nickname directs the fanart to a certain theme :heh:

DragoZERO 2011-05-31 21:39

Quote:

Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames. As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

Ahhh... that's a really bad nick name. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by icatero (Post 3632220)
A bit of a pointless question, but does Jinta's nickname come from adding an n to the end (like how Minori from ToraDora becomes Minorin), or is it taking the Jin and adding the childish pronunciation of -chan to the end?

I believe that -tan is one of those cute honorifics that kids use.

Quote:

THAT is a good question.

hypergolic 2011-06-13 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by icatero (Post 3632220)

It's a wordplay.
Poppo's first name "Tetsudou" literally means "rail way". And "poppo" is a onomatopoeic word for steam train's whistle.

icatero 2011-06-14 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypergolic (Post 3651540)
It's a wordplay.
Poppo's first name "Tetsudou" literally means "rail way". And "poppo" is a onomatopoeic word for steam train's whistle.

Wow, that's pretty smart. Thanks! :D

DragoZERO 2011-06-15 21:34

That is the most clever nickname of all the characters. :heh:

Kyuu 2011-06-16 16:35

Quote:

I never made that connection. Now that I read this description... I'm not gonna look at her the same again. :D;)

kingsky123 2011-07-11 15:05

Spoiler for Final episode:

james0246 2011-07-11 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 3687522)
Spoiler for Final episode:

Spoiler for final episode:

TrippedUp 2011-07-12 11:34

...So how old was everyone when they were kids, and how big a time skip occurred?

karice67 2011-07-12 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippedUp (Post 3688533)
...So how old was everyone when they were kids, and how big a time skip occurred?

According to a comment on the following scan,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3607912)
Spoiler for newtype:

Menma died five years ago. There's a scene in episode 2 (where Jintan asks for a game that's 5 years old) that suggests that 5 years is about right.

And in the series timeframe, I think they're first year high school - because Jintan seems to have shut himself up only since the start of that particular school year, and he shut himself up largely because he failed the entrance exams for the high school he applied for - which would have made them 15/16 now and 10/11 back then.

p.s. What's funny is that Sakurai Takahiro (Yukiatsu)'s post-anime interview suggests that he thinks the gap was 10 years, so it looks like they may not have been given an exact time frame either.

guuchan 2011-07-13 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by karice67 (Post 3688909)
p.s. What's funny is that Sakurai Takahiro (Yukiatsu)'s post-anime interview suggests that he thinks the gap was 10 years, so it looks like they may not have been given an exact time frame either.

Thank you for the info, it really makes me feel better that I wasn't being retarded. Seriously. Because I said something similar before:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...18#post3631618

I'm pretty sure it was implied somewhere in the earlier episodes, most probably something Jinta said, that the incident happened quite many years ago, being around 10 years. Of course the ED song title could be misleading too even though it's a "coincidence", but I got the idea from the show itself.

Aurine 2011-08-08 23:36

Hmmm... soo what actually happened to Menma after episode 11?
Spoiler for Just random spoiler:

fazer 2011-08-10 00:51

she get reincarnated and marries me! seriously though, I wan to see some OVA or at least more fan fiction!

Aurine 2011-08-10 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazer (Post 3722809)
she get reincarnated and marries me! seriously though, I wan to see some OVA or at least more fan fiction!

:frustrated: Slap slap slap slap... and more slaps..
But yes, a season two (They could just alter the story that Jintan tried to go an a suicide after months separated from Menma for second time, and suddenly stopped by Menma, which creates another mystery and so on).. OVA is ok too..

For fanfiction, sometimes I like less fanfcition, some of them are good but most of them are too extreme for me. I prefer official release :heh:

fazer 2011-08-14 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurine (Post 3722948)
But yes, a season two (They could just alter the story that Jintan tried to go an a suicide after months separated from Menma for second time, and suddenly stopped by Menma, which creates another mystery and so on).. OVA is ok too..

That will mean the appearance of Menma in season one only screw up Jintan even more, which I feel is still too similar to S1 and too sad :upset:

I would prefer an OVA, fast forward to the future where everyone gets on with their life, Jinta & Anjo gets together and give birth to a baby girl and name her Menma, the whole gang gets together again, and everyone can love menma again! boring? yes but that's the way i like it...

Aurine 2011-08-15 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazer (Post 3728787)
That will mean the appearance of Menma in season one only screw up Jintan even more, which I feel is still too similar to S1 and too sad :upset:

I would prefer an OVA, fast forward to the future where everyone gets on with their life, Jinta & Anjo gets together and give birth to a baby girl and name her Menma, the whole gang gets together again, and everyone can love menma again! boring? yes but that's the way i like it...

Yeah, but that's the point. "Showing that two person loves are deep that can't be separated," but it will make it more sad in first and calm happiness in last I guess? I prefer that way.. though

The idea of having OVA Jinta & Anjo isn't that bad.. I'm not much take a liking to Anjo though.

I don't want Jinta wait until Menma got reincarnated and then marry her that way, cause it could make him a PEDO !! :heh: (Age gap)