AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81911)

4Tran 2009-05-23 10:23

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

justinstrife 2009-05-23 13:18

Should be interesting to see what situation Welkin gets stuck with.

Could care less about Alicia and Fabio...

Manji Midou 2009-05-23 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2412723)
Should be interesting to see what situation Welkin gets stuck with.

Could care less about Alicia and Fabio...

maybe in a juicy plot twist welkin gets caved in with selvaria :)

Shiroth 2009-05-23 15:56

Looking forward to see what background material we see on Faldio. We didn't get anything like that in the game, so it's very much welcome here.

Ice-CooL 2009-05-23 16:02

Finish watching the RAW, no Faldio background, its pretty much Faldio talking about Welkins past to Alicia (Welkin and girls). AliciaxWelkin shippers will be very happy with this episode.
next episode will be almost completly about Selvaria...:D

hamstar 2009-05-23 17:04

selvaria pretty much ruined my suspension of belief in this episode. I could tolerate the ancient temple, the frogs, everyone surviving the collapsing rubble etc but the whole selvaria blocking the bullet with her sword then walk off...no. Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation that can make sense of it, but i doubt it.

justinstrife 2009-05-23 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji Midou (Post 2412818)
maybe in a juicy plot twist welkin gets caved in with selvaria :)

Don't get me started. I could very easily ship that couple. :heh:

She is hot hot hot

Shiroth 2009-05-23 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice-CooL (Post 2412999)
Finish watching the RAW, no Faldio background

:heh:

Though i like what i hear though. Can't wait to see this episode for myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamstar (Post 2413068)
selvaria pretty much ruined my suspension of belief in this episode. I could tolerate the ancient temple, the frogs, everyone surviving the collapsing rubble etc but the whole selvaria blocking the bullet with her sword then walk off...no. Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation that can make sense of it, but i doubt it.

Because she is epic. That's the only explanation you need.

serenade_beta 2009-05-23 17:53

Spoiler for ep8:

Quote:

Talk about it.... I guess it is because she is a Valkyrian, but still... And it doesn't help that the preview shows her going dragonball or basara and a bunch of ninjas. :heh:
(-_-)

Manji Midou 2009-05-23 18:28

ls that guy with selvaria could he erm what's his name be from the selvaria dlc episode?

justinstrife 2009-05-23 18:46

Welkin comes through when the chips are down. He's too cool for Alicia. :heh:

Just watched the raw. A little too much talking for my limited Japanese. Have to wait for the subs to understand better.

yezhanquan 2009-05-23 20:18

Selvaria is probably going to go down as one of THE characters associated with Ohara-san for the rest of her career. Traditional magic witch? Yuuko. Physical "witch"? Selvaria.

Key Board 2009-05-23 22:56

Hey, that new Imperial soldier...

Isn't that Karl from the Selveria DLC? Or whatever they call him in the US version

edit: his US name is Johann

sikvod00 2009-05-24 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2413197)

Even though they're both supposed to be the main protagonists, their presentation of the two has been really lopsided. Alicia gets in the short end of the stick and unfortunately her character is pissing some viewers off (not me so much).

While I sincerely enjoy her facial expressions and comical reactions to Welkin (love the VA whose from the Minami-Ke series), there needs to be more to her; more reliability please! Or is her purpose to simply observe the resourceful male protagonist and gradually fall in love with him?:rolleyes::eyespin:

sikvod00 2009-05-24 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2413197)

Even though they're both supposed to be the main protagonists, their presentation of the two has been really lopsided. I believe your statement is a good reflection of this poor portrayal. Alicia easily gets the short end of the stick in terms of usefulness and her character has been increasingly annoying some viewers (not me). In short, they aren't doing her any justice considering her lead status. I'm not asking that she turn into a hot, sexy human tank like Selvaria either. Something closer to Isara maybe...?

While I sincerely enjoy Alicia's facial expressions and comical reactions to Welkin (I love the VA since the first time I heard her was in the Minami-Ke series), there needs to be more than that; more reliability please! Or is her purpose to simply observe the resourceful male protagonist and gradually fall in love with him?:rolleyes::eyespin:

EDIT: To be fair though, her general demeanor in episode 7 (i.e., baking bread for the soldiers, teasing Ramal, etc.) was a nice, relaxing deviation from the usual "gotta keep watch of Welkin's oddball behavior". They gotta mix it up more.

ThoHell 2009-05-24 02:35

Quote:

Yeah, I feel the same way as you. Guess it can't be helped, after all there are pigs with wings.... For some reason, I can't really pinpoint a bad guy in this series. Misunderstanding? Both are good? Anyways a Selvaria and Welkin combo would be interesting. Who was that guy in the preview of 9? The one that looked like Welkin?

Shiroth 2009-05-24 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji Midou (Post 2413171)
ls that guy with selvaria could he erm what's his name be from the selvaria dlc episode?

Yeah looks like it'll be Johann. So my dream of seeing the DLC animated is a go.

Deathkillz 2009-05-24 07:46

Well...if you haven't noticed Selvaria glowing and all.
In the end, this still is a fantasy story no matter how much realism you put in it (eg Utawaruerumono) and if you can have ancient temples that activate using blood, then what's wrong with super human bullet slicing powers :rolleyes:
The name "Valkyria" isn't just for show at least.

Nothing much for the ep itself being a big escape but I can't wait for next episode seeing the preview. Selvaria <3

kalbron 2009-05-24 07:48

Having seen the screens of the raw I have to say... wait, what? Where's my battle for the Barious Ruins?! It doesn't even seem to be in the preview!

Pfft. Let down. War anime without the battles except where it's easy to animate...

Westlo 2009-05-24 08:58

Well the director said he wouldn't be animating many battles due to the cost and so he decided to shift things around which is why the content has been like it has. Still I thought this was an important battle in ways so it's disappointing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2413313)
Selvaria is probably going to go down as one of THE characters associated with Ohara-san for the rest of her career. Traditional magic witch? Yuuko. Physical "witch"? Selvaria.

These two witches will pale in comparsion to Ohara-san's Beatrice-sama :cool: