AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Nanoha FanFiction Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60648)

Skyfall 2008-01-10 10:47

Nanoha FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to MGLN FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for MGLN fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

NOTE: A further clarification of the rules was posted here; please read it.

The nature of this thread means there are likely to be people that have complaints about your work. Please note that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Practice mutual respect and debate the issue(s) without resorting to personal attacks. There is no credibility in insults, only trouble.

Please note that FanFics are written by people in their free time with no personal gain for the writers, therefore the authors owe you nothing. You are not in the position to demand anything, and if your only complaint and reason for posting is a featured pairing you dislike for personal reasons, please don't bother to let us know about it. Constructive criticism is welcomed, self-catering bashing is not. Authors should feel free to write what they desire without feeling pressured by the community. Excessive posts of such nature will be considered harassment and treated accordingly.

On a final note: Please understand that people have their own reasons and time constrains they can dedicate to reading stories posted here. Don't go complaining that your work is not getting as much attention as you would like it to; better yourselves and win their attention. (Any posts regarding the issue will be deleted)

Most importantly: have fun :)

Satashi 2008-01-10 11:00

Hello and welcome to the Fanfiction thread! Everyone's stories are welcome here, so do not hesitate to share! This post will be edited constantly to try and keep track of the many, many fanfics posted here. Below are the Author's names and the stories of Nanoha that they have written. If you would like your name and story to be added, please contact me via PM.

When people post a link to fanfiction.net or some other website that is a place for your story, I will add them to this list. If you see one that I missed, please let me know. Be advised that because people post little snippets and teasers constantly on threads such as this, only links will be added on this post.

-Please PM me if there is a mistake in your profile-

This post is only for an archive or stories, please feel free to post your stories normally here on the thread.

For the new members here, I have put together a small guide that may help you get started. You can find many of your questions answered by going here.

Ilya has also gathered up many of the terms and names for pairings that you might have questions about. If you ever run across a term you don't understand, chances are you can find it here.

TheShinySword has kindly gathered up all of the “shorts” that are posted here. A “short” is a story that was made for fun and generally only last for one post instead of becoming a story.
The Shorts Archive
The Crack Archive
The Shorts Archive 2
Spoiler for Authors A-M:

Spoiler for Authors N-Z:

Title: The name of your fanfiction
genre: romance? Action?
Main couple: (can be left blank if not needed)
Summary: (a brief summary of this work, to grab people's attention)
Rating: K,T,M // P,PG,R ?
Link: a link to your fanfiction.net posting of story, or if it's only available on AnimeSuki then the link to your post.

If you have more than one chapter on AS, please provide links to each post. If you have one chapter spread apart multiple post, please gather them together and place them in a single post for the ease of the people reading (the fanfiction thread is a good place to post them!)

Also, if you have a post profiling your OCs, please include it as well so I can add it in your profile.

krisslanza 2008-01-10 11:17

We... We can post right? :uhoh: I just noticed bad things went down last night and... Well er. Moving along.

This was posted in the (I guess old) thread but since it is locked and all. I'll like to remind people of something here: I didn't write this. This is written by my friend that is helping me with my little project here. I'll pass along all comments and such to him though of course. :nod:

Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel:

I also finished the 2nd chapter of School of Lyrical and will be updating it on Fanfiction.net once I get back from my English class in a few hours.

And err... If we weren't meant to post like this. Sorry. :uhoh: *Flee*

Keroko 2008-01-10 11:28

*Cracks knuckles* Right, new thread, new start. Since I can't whip up a new fic in a few minutes, I'll start of with a repost. It's been months since I last worked on this story, so a little review of what happened might be a good idea. :heh:

Now, this story is intended to dive into Ancient Belka, which -being a non canonical setting- means that there will be OC's apearing next to the main cast. They will be introduced, though, and I'll make effort to keep them limited.

Legend of Ancient Belka: Fall of an Empire.

Spoiler for Prologue:

Spoiler for Part 1 A burning vessel:

Spoiler for Chapter 2: Playing with politics::

Next chapter, Meetings and brothers.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisslanza (Post 1336332)
We... We can post right? :uhoh: I just noticed bad things went down last night and... Well er. Moving along.

This was posted in the (I guess old) thread but since it is locked and all. I'll like to remind people of something here: I didn't write this. This is written by my friend that is helping me with my little project here. I'll pass along all comments and such to him though of course. :nod:

Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel:

I also finished the 2nd chapter of School of Lyrical and will be updating it on Fanfiction.net once I get back from my English class in a few hours.

And err... If we weren't meant to post like this. Sorry. :uhoh: *Flee*

Fate imprissoned? Empreror? Questions are raised, none are answered. As a hint, it would be handy to make sure the next chapter caries a more detailed introduction on Erika, perhaps only the basics (apearance) but maybe more detailed (apearance, short past, personallity). That way we get a better feel of the character.

krisslanza 2008-01-10 12:29

Well to be fair Keroko it was meant to be a teaser... :nod: So it was meant to be short enough to grasp your attention and get that exact reaction you just went through. So it worked. Bwhahahahahahah. :eyespin: And I'm sure in the full chapter you'd know Erika's full looks :heh:

But I'll pass along those comments when he signs back in. Working on uploading School of Lyrical 2 (Which means typing it) then I'll take a peek at what you posted. :nod:

SpaceBrotha 2008-01-10 13:37

How do i killed thread? :uhoh:
that'll teach me to listen to the mods and not get involved in random snowballs rolling downhill... :p

anyway, @keroko: is it just a coincidence that Alistinas picture bears a huge resemblance to your own avatar? ;)
also, primarchs, the moment i read that i got the mental image of big burly men from WH40k, then the picture you attached came along for a mental image clash of the century, causing me to lock down for several seconds :twitch:... but i got better, really wish there was more though as the premise is interesting. well, as long as no emperors come around anyway... :D

Satashi 2008-01-10 13:40

@Keroko: What's the name of that story?

Lyrical Days update will be on hold for a day while I situate myself. Next chapter of Saved by the bell should be started on tonight :D

Also, if post here and have your Nanoha stories on FF.N, let me know so I can add you to my list. If you post stories here and don't have them on FF.N.... I'm trying to work out a system that could work :heh:

krisslanza 2008-01-10 14:13

Ow, ow. Sore arm sore arm... *cough*
So I finished the 2nd chapter of School of Lyrical. It is officially my longest piece of writing ever for a chapter at 2,364 words.

Enjoy it please? ^^;
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4000626/2/School_of_Lyrical

Eagle8819 2008-01-10 14:23

Broken link there. Any FF links with the word secure and live preview is accessible to the author alone. Click on your FF bio (and hope you did not click before adding the chapter) to find the right link. :heh:

And Satashi-san works fast. I hadn't even sent in a pm yet. :heh: :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satashi (Post 1336512)
Also, if post here and have your Nanoha stories on FF.N, let me know so I can add you to my list. If you post stories here and don't have them on FF.N.... I'm trying to work out a system that could work :heh:

I think post count links at the top right corner of that certain specific post works?

But as a random suggestion to make it neater...cut out the author's comments line? Unless if it's specifically requested, I don't think there's a real need for it. But that's just me. I don't have any specific comments to make, since I'm used to rambling in fics itself.

Spoiler for And several other trimmings for neat look..:

I did suggest bolding and italizing too, but then that did be too much work. Point in fact, I think it is already too much work... *gives e-cookie to Satashi*

krisslanza 2008-01-10 14:25

Oh whoops, thanks there. I fixed the link :heh: Now to read some stuff 'ere...

Keroko 2008-01-10 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha (Post 1336507)
anyway, @keroko: is it just a coincidence that Alistinas picture bears a huge resemblance to your own avatar? ;)

Well... yes and no. It's a bit complicated. You see, the girl in my avatar is my main OC, Keroko, so they are not the same girls. Storywise, however, Alistina is a sort of 'link' between Vivio and Keroko, as Keroko reminds Vivio of Alistina. But that's OC-thread stuff and doesnt really have much to do with this story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha (Post 1336507)
also, primarchs, the moment i read that i got the mental image of big burly men from WH40k, then the picture you attached came along for a mental image clash of the century, causing me to lock down for several seconds :twitch:... but i got better, really wish there was more though as the premise is interesting. well, as long as no emperors come around anyway... :D

Funny thing is, the Primarchs in Fall of an Empire were inspired by the 40K Primarchs. :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satashi (Post 1336512)
@Keroko: What's the name of that story?

Whoops, I forgot. :heh:

The full title is 'Legend of Ancient Belka: Fall of an Empire', mostly shortened to 'Fall of an Empire.'

Eagle, Kriz, I'll comment on your stories later, promise.

krisslanza 2008-01-10 15:13

I remember the second chapter of that Keroko. It is good stuff, I like it. :nod:
It's interesting and well described :heh: I think I shift too much from a second and third person point of view in my own writings.

ghazghkull 2008-01-10 17:59

Have you forgotten my story already Satashi-sama?!

I'm hurt! XD

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3854549/1/Road_of_Love

There. Now my issue has been sated.

Krinen 2008-01-10 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisslanza (Post 1336558)

Alright. I read it. And I did.
Good piece, Kriss. =3

krisslanza 2008-01-10 18:35

Wow the Nanoha section is either heavily frequented or my works are actually getting a name for themselves considering I've broken the 200 hit mark faster then ever before. I used to be able to refresh every few minutes and see the hits going up!

All the comments make me very happy. Makes my time of writing it all out very much worth it. :nod:
Chapter 3 won't be up until at least Monday. I think I'll drop by college to use their webz tomorrow, but I won't be done with it by then (I haven't even started it yet). Again this is not set in stone; at EARLIEST Monday. But it could be a longer wait. But I am aiming for a Monday release, failing that Tuesday... And so on.

Once School of Lyrical is done I'll begin work on my... I guess you can call it masterpiece project :heh: A big word I know, but I don't think I've written anything of the scale I am imagining it to be. The overall thing me and my partner in crime dubbed 'Arc-en-Ciel', and you saw a snippet of the 'series' from the Varista point of view (From Erika von Cale's eyes). Mine would be seeing the stuff from the TSAB's view through Rune's eyes.

I hope it'll be epic :nod: :heh: But it is a ways off. A lot of work to do... If you want, I can ask my partner if he wants to have chapter 1 done as a teaser or something :heh:

Satashi 2008-01-10 19:37

archive post updated, please check if there are any mistakes in your section. If you are not added yet, please PM me with the information.

(Keroko please let me know what to add on yours)

On that note, I'm going to start writing on my fics now ^^;

Fast Lyrical Days. Sorry it's not too long but I want to start on SbTB as well tonight.
Spoiler for Lyrical Days:

FlareKnight 2008-01-10 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satashi (Post 1337010)
Spoiler for Lyrical Days:

Well that present worked out just fine :D. Yuuno has an interesting way of reassuring a girl of her femininity. A good result overall for that area. Poor Fate her cooking referred to as "the burning smell of death."

Glad that Nanoha is looking a little better. Leaving her alone too much could have taken things to a bad place. As always quite the relationship going on with Yuuno there.

Now for the next course of action. Has been a while since doing something with Fate. Just ignoring her isn't going to help things all that much. Have done plenty with Hayate so can spend a turn doing what we can elsewhere. Somehow don't think Fate would care that much how much money was spent on the date. So will go B this time. Though I'm not sure when I picked the winning one last...hmm Maybe I'm out of touch.

Satashi 2008-01-10 22:05

Hehe, just remember kids, if you ignore a girl long enough, you get flashed! :heh:

And in case anyone was wondering, yeah, if you skipped buying a present last choice you go on an expensive date.

Krinen 2008-01-10 22:12

*mulls* Augh, damnit. Such hard choices for once.
*thinks*
*thinks more.*
*rapid headbashing*
Got it!
I'll go B.

Fate just strikes me as a person who wouldn't mind too much about the price of the Date. But then again, I could be wrong.

BPHaru 2008-01-10 22:28

C

Saludos, Haru