AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121003)

chaosprophet 2013-07-23 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by OH&S (Post 4767992)
  • the scenario with the Sisters and the wind turbines can be logically consistent if not sped up.
  • if Accelerator did continue the experiments unhindered, with the above rates he could finish in 3 years. If the rate slowed down as the Sisters became better fighters, then it could potentially take longer than 10 years. Definitely the age of an adult but nothing over 30...

Very interesting calculations there. Just want point out though, if the experiments did keep on that rate from beginning to finish, then it would take only a bit longer than a year to kill all the 20K sisters, and around 200 more days to kill them all from the point Accelerator already was.
50 a day -> 5K each 100 days -> 400days for the 20K sisters.

eduard3 2013-07-23 08:59

Wow I just rewatched the Index version of the Sister's Arc. This makes it so much better. I enjoyed it before but knowing Mikoto's side of the story makes it seems so much better *_*

Rising Dragon 2013-07-23 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4768115)
And you can say for sure that applies to all the previous experiments? Especially when we have seen multiple bodies in one test room before?

Well, that first Sister that Touma and Mikoto both met on the same day, she said that there was another experiment that concluded just that morning...

Haigon 2013-07-23 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamazura (Post 4768105)
10.031 and 32 experiment gap?

10031 and 10032 took place on the same day.

And when Misaka meet 10031 (one day before) the 10020th experiment was taking place, do the maths.

Rising Dragon 2013-07-23 12:30

But yeah, given how many clones there are, and how many are dead, Accelerator HAD to be killing more than one per day. I think some people have forgotten that the events of the past few episodes have all occurred in the space of a single day.

sayde 2013-07-23 18:41

Just wanna confirm something. When Accelerator stated
Quote:

I guess fighting someone strong is the fastest way to level up!
was that him indirectly admitting to himself that Touma was a worthy adversary? Or could that statement have a different interpretation that I'm overlooking?

FlareKnight 2013-07-23 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 4768661)
Just wanna confirm something. When Accelerator stated

was that him indirectly admitting to himself that Touma was a worthy adversary? Or could that statement have a different interpretation that I'm overlooking?

I think that could be taken at face value. This fight against Touma has done more to advance his ability than fighting 10,000 Sisters. Certainly admitting that Touma is a much tougher adversary.

Rovert10 2013-07-23 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 4768681)
I think that could be taken at face value. This fight against Touma has done more to advance his ability than fighting 10,000 Sisters. Certainly admitting that Touma is a much tougher adversary.

Very indirectly. Since this fight with Touma did nothing to boost power levels but rather put him on a path that allowed him to do so.

dniv 2013-07-23 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovert10 (Post 4768717)
Very indirectly. Since this fight with Touma did nothing to boost power levels but rather put him on a path that allowed him to do so.

Granted. Touma is the first person apparently to have ever hurt him. He didn't seem to know what physical pain was until this episode when he said (is this pain) and he saw the blood. So I think he recognizes that Touma has pushed him further than anyone else so far because he actually has to try.

Normally it seems like he's just been using a few basic powerful tricks up to this point because everyone who has challenged him lost easily to that. For this reason, I think this also partially explains why Accelerator is powerful, but not that powerful. He could be super strong, but he doesn't need to be in order to maintain his dominance. Fighting the sisters was supposed to probably make him need to come up with more powerful techniques in order to motivate him to be level 6 (in what it was trying to attempt and how it tried to do it), but I feel like Touma did a better job. After all, they said that the experiments would be "somewhat" difficult at the end in order to help him be a level 6, so it makes sense that since fighting Touma is more than somewhat difficult this is providing better training than all of those fights were.

I find it interesting that Touma's weakness here makes him so strong. Not having an ability means that Accelerator can't rely on his usual tricks to win. (I'm not saying he couldn't come up with something amazing because he obviously did at the end of the episode with the plasma, but he hasn't needed to do it) so he levelled up. The whole reason Accelerator recognizes Touma is because he pushed his limits to make him use his high-intelligence in order to come up with a super-powerful plasma attack.

I also want to point out that Accelerator calculated out Mikoto's manipulation of the iron sand in episode 6 almost instantaneously via the use of EM field, which already shows that he is very intelligent.

As to the cliffhanger, the cliffhanger was well done. I personally like cliffhangers. I mean: I don't like waiting a week for the next episode, but this was done so well that I can't actually complain.

Also this episode thread seems to be a hot thread. I somewhat expected this, but not to this extent. :heh:

OH YEAH:

I FORGOT!

Good point, but incomplete. Accelerator did praise Touma. However, he also praised the MISAKA clones a few episodes ago when he called them silent dolls who purposefully carry out their mission (however he phrased it). This was him pointing out that he did think that they were impressive in a sense.

I still argue he's too arrogant. (Granted he's never lost... but...)

Edit: just read the flame war (this should be TV tropes definition of one maybe?)... thinking to myself... ouch...

Anyway, comprehensive episode review will be up within 6 hours... to hopefully cure this thread... slightly...

The Butcher 2013-07-25 01:15

Accelerators laugh was freakin' lol!

Touma was boss this episode to.

Accelerator's air thing looked like a Spirit Bomb in the Index anime.

greensoulreaper 2013-07-25 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butcher (Post 4769803)
Accelerators laugh was freakin' lol!

Touma was boss this episode to.

Accelerator's air thing looked like a Spirit Bomb in the Index anime.

The sounds Accelerator makes always amuses me. It's like he's not human at all. :)

The Butcher 2013-07-25 13:34

What makes Accelerator...well part of Accelerator kewl is his odd laughs <3.

Goldzero 2013-07-25 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butcher (Post 4770308)
What makes Accelerator...well part of Accelerator kewl is his odd laughs <3.

i couldn't help but laugh insanely at hes odd laugh this episode:heh:.

kitten320 2013-09-25 20:00

This season reminded me why I disliked Accelerator.

He is one of the biggest ass holes that's for sure.

Punch him some more Touma!

Is there actually any other way to beat him without Touma's arm? His powers are just too much. He can literally do whatever he wants.

Draco Spirit 2013-09-26 06:01

None vector based assaults. ;)

kitten320 2013-09-26 07:05

What assaults?

Everything has vector.

Draco Spirit 2013-09-26 07:56

Most attacks do, but he can still fall victim to mind games, some types of Esper powers ( there nothing saying he could fall victim to a suggestion spell to turn off his power), clever spells, really exotic attack forms, and poison/sickness he doesn't realise are threats till its too late ( green poison gas wouldn't work, but a poisoned plate of rice that wrecks his calculation ability would.).

Course with Accelerator your only likely to get one shot at him, he's smart and merciless, but there are exploitable holes in his defences, through few you can take advantage of in a straight up fight.

Gray Servant 2013-09-26 08:00

There's a thread for this. But there are in-series ways to beat Accelerator (spoilers below).

Spoiler for Index Novel Spoilers:
Quote:

and poison/sickness he doesn't realise are threats till its too late ( green poison gas wouldn't work, but a poisoned plate of rice that wrecks his calculation ability would.).
Actually this probably wouldn't work. It's not Accel that is analyzing things, it's his AIM field, which presumably doesn't have human senses. Accel's reflection isn't something that keeps certain things out, it's something that only allows certain things in. Anything that doesn't fit the criteria won't be allowed in. Whether Accel can notice it or not is irrelevant. And we know his AIM field functions inside his body as well, hell it kept his blood flowing between broken blood vessels when he was almost cut in half.