AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross Frontier - Speculation Thread [Spoilers] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65621)

4Tran 2008-04-22 00:02

Macross Frontier - Speculation Thread [Spoilers]

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Macross Frontier anime series, whether its the number of flags on Ozma, or guessing how many times Alto will get shot down, or how Ranka's cellphone is the mastermind behind everything. Please be warned that this may mean unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.
  • Any form of spoiler from the Macross Frontier manga. Clearly marked Spoiler tags required.

Please make sure you use spoiler tags as indicated above! Also provide where the source of such speculation come from if at all possible (i.e. "Animage" or "Manga") and identify the spoiler tag with the use of the subject title (see the paragraph below how to do this). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban for the poster. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked manga spoilers.

If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

[spoiler=subject title] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler for subject title:

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes.

Lanis 2008-04-22 00:32

Anyone know why Mikhail has elf ears in the opening sequence?

Nightengale 2008-04-22 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanis (Post 1551580)
Anyone know why Mikhail has elf ears in the opening sequence?

He's clearly part-Zentradi.

DonQuigleone 2008-04-22 02:46

Anyone know who that weird guy/girl is at the end of the op, with the spiky blond hair?

Westlo 2008-04-22 02:52

I believe we have zero information on him/her atm.

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-22 04:57

well, certainly has mixed blood.

i heard some people speculating that he might be an enemy "pilot" i fricking hope not.

but at the same time it's giving me Macross II vibes,

i won't be surprised when the VAJRA fleet pulls up, and one of their ships has this person on board "SINGING" all the warrior VAJRA to battle.....

:rolleyes:

Shiroth 2008-04-22 05:13

What do people think about episode 06's title?

'Bye Bye Sheryl'

Any ideas?

ReddyRedWolf 2008-04-22 05:13

Or in the spirit of Macross Plus a pilot of SMS's competition.

If she is I'm betting they're located at the nearby Macross Galaxy fleet.

Nightengale 2008-04-22 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1551793)
I believe we have zero information on him/her atm.

I'd say there's a safe 60% chance ★ Souichiro is the seiyuu though. :heh:

DonQuigleone 2008-04-22 06:33

There's also that blue haired girl in the OP, she seems Zentraedi, bu she could also be in in the enemy fleet

ReddyRedWolf 2008-04-22 06:47

Or an unseen bridge bunny judging by the uniform.

Wait can we call them bridge bunnies?

They're not exactly in Battle Frontier.

Cadorna 2008-04-22 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1551908)
What do people think about episode 06's title?

'Bye Bye Sheryl'

Any ideas?

i think is the end of her carrear as songtress

4Tran 2008-04-22 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquigleone (Post 1551977)
There's also that blue haired girl in the OP, she seems Zentraedi, bu she could also be in in the enemy fleet

There's no need to speculate on that since she wears both a Macross Frontier head band and the SMS triple-hex insignia.

Spoiler for For further information on her:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 1551990)
Wait can we call them bridge bunnies?

They're not exactly in Battle Frontier.

While they're not on the bridge of Battle Frontier, I don't see why they shouldn't be considered bridge bunnies. After all, the term originated with SDF Macross, and it'd be a shame to see such a historic term go to waste due to a technicality :).

ReddyRedWolf 2008-04-22 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadorna (Post 1552036)

Actually more likely she's going back to Macross Galaxy. (There's a reason she's called the Galaxy's Fairy)

Both Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy are on a parallel course to the center regions of the galaxy.

Much like Macross 7 and Macross 5 were in the same general neighborhood.

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-22 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquigleone (Post 1551977)

oh please. i hope that's false, as much as i love Macross II & Macross 7, i don't think i can stand another "Alien-race-but-has-humanoid-alien-controlling-them-from-behind" theme again.

can't we just have a totally alien enemy for once, in macross?

love to see a armour-less full size zentradi grapple with armour-less Big Red Bug.

it'll be godzilla/ultraman epic

:3

ReddyRedWolf 2008-04-22 08:19

Unless the Zentradi or Meltrandi has a Super XL X-Gears (flight and interface suits) heavily armed. Id say they're pretty much dead with the buillets and battlecruiser blowing beam cannon of the red Vajra.

It's like pitting a Xenomorph against a human.

Heck they just gut a Zentrandi with their claws.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2008-04-22 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadorna (Post 1552036)

Nah, it most likely just means she would be returning(or attempting to return) to her own colony ship. Don't forget, she is a guest, and she doesn't have a home here.:heh:

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-22 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 1552091)
Unless the Zentradi or Meltrandi has a Super XL X-Gears (flight and interface suits) heavily armed. Id say they're pretty much dead with the buillets and battlecruiser blowing beam cannon of the red Vajra.

It's like pitting a Xenomorph against a human.

Heck they just gut a Zentrandi with their claws.

I said ARMOUR-LESS.

For both.

So unless those weapons are biologically integrated into the Bug, i still think a zentradi still has a chance.

A full blood combat bred zentradi possess many biological enchantments that we still not yet fully know in detail. We do know that they are tough enough to spend time in absolute vacuum for far longer then it would be for a human, that they have a far bigger tolerance to pain and medical treatment which are suitable for battlefield situations.

DonQuigleone 2008-04-22 10:11

I'm thinking the bugs are being controlled by the protoculture, they probably are sentient bioweapons, maybe they were formerly controlled by songs or something (hence the reaction to Ranka). Either way if surviving protoculture are behind them then we'll probably get a humanoid race appearing, on the other hand the Vajra's could have turned on their masters just like the Zentraedi.

The only problem with keeping them as xenomorph like things is that I don't know where the plot would go, one of the great things about previous Macross series is you got a realistic depiction from both sides with neither being particularly demonised (Like Gundam), It would be a shame to lose that part of the story. Plus I always thought it was great the way The Power Of Love conquered the original Zentraedi.

Lanis 2008-04-22 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 1551613)
He's clearly part-Zentradi.

during the actual episodes though, his ears are normal?