AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67417)

White Manju Bun 2008-06-08 23:35

Soul Eater - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Zoe 2008-06-09 08:02

The episode was pretty good. Added some scenes with Maka and Soul, as to be expected. It's interesting that they've stopped using the manga as a script.

I am very disappointed in the Masamune world and the shadows though. They had the opportunity to go crazy with the pencil-style, but instead all we got was muted tones and a different moon.

DJ_RockmanX 2008-06-09 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1643706)
The episode was pretty good. Added some scenes with Maka and Soul, as to be expected.

I wasn't expecting it... :heh:

Quote:

It's interesting that they've stopped using the manga as a script.

Interesting indeed... :eyebrow:

Quote:

I am very disappointed in the Masamune world and the shadows though. They had the opportunity to go crazy with the pencil-style, but instead all we got was muted tones and a different moon.

That would take quite a bit of budget do to consistently. Better just to go simple and save for the important stuff I always say. :p

The only other thing I have to say is that I'm deeply enjoying the soundtrack as usual. Especially that piece played during Black Star's talk with Tsubaki in the rain. A very nice take on the track from episode 2 in the fight against Mifune, which I might add is one of my personal favorites. :D

Deathkillz 2008-06-09 13:28

Spoiler:

Fenrir_valindri 2008-06-09 15:20

Any Episode with Tsubaki-chan as the focus gets a 10 from me. :heh: :uhoh:

orangejuicetang 2008-06-09 15:22

I haven't seen the episode yet, but is there really that great a difference with this episode compared to the manga, since as of now the series has been pretty faithful to the manga.

v1cious 2008-06-09 16:18

actually i thought this was a lot better than the manga version. it looked really awesome in action, especially with the lightning and the shadows.

terrus 2008-06-09 18:58

Those shadows creep me the hell out, i mean not at first but after reading a certain chapter from the horror manga 'seeds of anxiety' that made me unable to sleep without the light on for five days, i've been creeped out by the shadows everytime i've seen them.

orangejuicetang 2008-06-09 19:33

i meant different from the manga significantly plotwise?

Zoe 2008-06-09 19:36

Nah, it's not significantly different. There will just be omitted or changed phrases here and there.

FlareKnight 2008-06-09 21:49

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Preview:

GuidoHunter_Toki 2008-06-10 09:47

Well I think if they change a bit from the manga(as long as they don't mess with the main story and dialog) it can be more enjoyable. If all animes copied every single aspect from their manga counterparts things could get boring.

Westlo 2008-06-10 09:54

These 2 eps should win a few fans for Blackstar

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1644063)
That would take quite a bit of budget do to consistently. Better just to go simple and save for the important stuff I always say. :p

Yes save that budget for 22-23 and 28...

KiNA 2008-06-11 05:44

Chibi Cubakitan!!!!! <3

I have to paused at the speed star part rofl..

And I agree, BS gonna get some fans in this arc. Really respected him :bow: This arc realy what differs him from some orange clad ninja, if ever one made association with that kid ^^

ellifeedn 2008-06-11 06:09

^Actually somebody did:heh:. I forgot who and where though.

Deathkillz 2008-06-11 06:48

Well I did somewhere in the manga thread :p

But definitely...this was the arc which made me think more deeply about BS. At least he has a pretty good reason to be annoyingly loud :rolleyes:

Shiroth 2008-06-11 12:04

Gotta admit, i just love the design for the Fey Blade world. That's what i wanna see more of from this series in the future. Tsubaki's fight with her brother looks to be well animated --- maybe even pushing the limit.

yozaku 2008-06-11 12:10

I have read the manga and this arc is one of the arc that I want to be animated, and it is well animated :heh:

King Lycan 2008-06-11 12:31

OMG Tsubaki :love::love: well as for BS i'm starting to like him a little bit ..especially the speed star incident :heh:..can't wait for the next episode 10/10

FlareKnight 2008-06-11 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Lycan (Post 1648083)
OMG Tsubaki :love::love: well as for BS i'm starting to like him a little bit ..especially the speed star incident :heh:..can't wait for the next episode 10/10

Really do have to love Tsubaki. Even though they were zoomed out at the scene, the whole I'll stop looking like i want to hear the story line was pretty cute. Could imagine the look she had on her face especially when BS did the glance to the side. Of course not forgetting her expressions while looking inside when she's in weapon mode.

That was a rough fight for BS. Attacking a guy after he's taken that kind of damage is low :(. Don't think he'll use Speed Star in that kind of situation ever again. Good idea to remember what kind of terrain your fighting in. Statue got its revenge for BS standing on it so much.