AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63963)

Pellissier 2008-03-20 07:27

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 23.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2008-03-20 12:19

Expectations-

More anime stuff that didn't happen in the novel.
The episode will probably end with another cliffhanger for the last episode.

I'm expecting Silver to come alive thanks to Bal Masque, be the final boss, and fill up the last unknown in the website.

Malintex_Terek 2008-03-20 12:24

The best part of this episode was the Macross Frontier commercial during the break. Ugghh...thank gosh I didn't rate last week's episode all that lowly, I'll be able to give a more crushing rating this time around. :D

Mai Kawasumi 2008-03-20 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1473094)
Expectations-

More anime stuff that didn't happen in the novel.
The episode will probably end with another cliffhanger for the last episode.

I'm expecting Silver to come alive thanks to Bal Masque, be the final boss, and fill up the last unknown in the website.

I'm expecting exactly the same

CapoExecutor 2008-03-20 14:03

Did Sydonay kill Margery or is she just knocked out of the fight?

Yuji vs Dantalion's mechanical Rinne... go berserk again!

Kinny Riddle 2008-03-20 14:11

Time is short, and I was lucky that I can post early. (No prizes for guessing what this cryptic sentence means)

Anyway, on with the episode.

Spoiler for Ep 23 spoiler:

minhtam1638 2008-03-20 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 1473255)
Time is short, and I was lucky that I can post early. (No prizes for guessing what this cryptic sentence means)

Anyway, on with the episode.

Spoiler for Ep 23 spoiler:

Again?! I should have known that the season ender was going to be a complete rematch.

ashlay 2008-03-20 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1473330)
Again?! I should have known that the season ender was going to be a complete rematch.

It's not like this is actually true...but the way things turned out has at least made me feel as if we'd wasted an entire season. >_>

Deathscyther 2008-03-20 15:56

Spoiler for spoilers:

Dragon-Emperor 2008-03-20 16:30

Exciting episode even though it is taking a turn that some people seem to dislike. 24 is up in the air. I doubt anyone who has read the novels can even guess what will happen next because of the large levels of deviation the season has taken.

Spoiler for 23:

Great episode imo!

CapoExecutor 2008-03-20 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-Emperor (Post 1473451)

Yuuji falling into that abyss after trying to fight off the Domino brigade was a neat scene to me, to see him fighting so strongly and not cowering away.

I may also be imagining things, but Hecate had some unneeded stares at Yuuji at the beginning when she could have disposed of him. But she didn’t. Maybe some feelings from her faux vessel are going to reveal themselves next episode, or more likely somewhere in season 3?

He's found his resolve and the primordial mentality to survive kicks in. Did they try using their crossbows against him?

The Balle Masque might have gotten word on how Yuji hindered their plans involving Zarovee, Bifrons, and Sabrac. Perhaps Hecate wanted to see on how Yuji responds when the Reiji Maigo is taken from him.

Deathkillz 2008-03-20 18:58

Spoiler:

Kristen 2008-03-20 19:23

Spoiler for Episode 23:

serenade_beta 2008-03-20 20:22

Spoiler for ep23:

Toreno 2008-03-20 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1473742)
Spoiler for Episode 23:

Then please do me a favor and do not vote... .__."

Haven't seen the episode yet, but - uh oh - all that blood... Looks quite nice to me.
As for Dantalion, I just love this guy. His "Eeeeeeexciiiiiting!!!" is the best in my opinion. :heh:

Water 2008-03-20 21:10

Spoiler for spoiler:

Looks like a good episode. However it just doesn't feel right.

Kristen 2008-03-20 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toreno (Post 1473906)
Then please do me a favor and do not vote... .__."

Haven't seen the episode yet, but - uh oh - all that blood... Looks quite nice to me.
As for Dantalion, I just love this guy. His "Eeeeeeexciiiiiting!!!" is the best in my opinion. :heh:

Spoiler for Ep 23:

Deathscyther 2008-03-21 08:01

Good episode.

I think that this episode will have very different inpacts on people. Some will like it, and some will hate it very much. It is true that they are going to finish the season with an anime original ending again (or they might still surprise us in the end...who knows). Some novel readers will probably find this terrible. I won't be surprised to see some 1's for this episode for that reason. But I'm sure that a lot of people will find this a good episode as well. Just try to see the anime and novels apart from each other.

The episode itself was handled very well. I liked it very much. Although I too want to see more canon-stuff, I wasn't disappointed by the episode. The action was good, the music was good, the characters were portrayed well. And although I don't know what the real plan of the balle masque is, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm still kinda scared that they'll ruin some novel material though. I'm just hoping that they'll end it well and that we'll get a third season (although they should wait with this until they have enough novel material to cover)

HayashiMugen 2008-03-21 08:16

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008...o-shana-ii-23/ Screen shots for this episode.

I just finished episode 23 My version of the break down.

Spoiler:

Most likely there will be a season three.
My reasons are.
Spoiler:

serenade_beta 2008-03-21 15:57

Spoiler for final episode preview summary:

Well, there goes the chance for novel events, I think.
Dantalion: EXCEEELEENNNT!

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-21 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1475287)
Spoiler for final episode preview summary:

Well, there goes the chance for novel events, I think.
Dantalion: EXCEEELEENNNT!

Well there's still that one square in the Balle Masque chart...so don't give up hope yet, but even if it doesn't happen the way most of us want it to happen, I have no complaints as long as they make the last episode good.

HayashiTakara 2008-03-22 07:49

Spoiler for Speculation:

arkxkra 2008-03-22 09:20

Spoiler for :

teelotes 2008-03-22 12:00

Will Kasumi forget Yuji as his existence fade? It's kinda confusing cos she has seen the beings of the Crimson World and understood the truth of the world, but then again she's not a Flame Haze or anyone related to that world.

HayashiTakara 2008-03-22 12:39

@teelotes

dude... your avatar... lmao XD

minhtam1638 2008-03-23 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by teelotes (Post 1477411)
Will Kasumi forget Yuji as his existence fade? It's kinda confusing cos she has seen the beings of the Crimson World and understood the truth of the world, but then again she's not a Flame Haze or anyone related to that world.

If that was the case, then Keisaku will have the exact same symptoms, although it was already proven that both Keisaku and Kazumi will not forget fading existences by the Fumina Konoe ordeal.

teelotes 2008-03-23 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1477517)
@teelotes

dude... your avatar... lmao XD

A chocolate taiyaki for you :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1478919)
If that was the case, then Keisaku will have the exact same symptoms, although it was already proven that both Keisaku and Kazumi will not forget fading existences by the Fumina Konoe ordeal.

So what determines if someone will remember existences? There hasn't been any need to elaborate this in the plot, but it just makes me wonder.

Anyways forgotten or not, looks like Yuji will have to make it himself this time. At least he'll not be sharing dreams with Hecate while the rest fight for their lives.

minhtam1638 2008-03-23 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by teelotes (Post 1479635)
So what determines if someone will remember existences? There hasn't been any need to elaborate this in the plot, but it just makes me wonder.

I'm pretty sure it comes down to whoever has experienced a fuzetsu.

Deathscyther 2008-03-23 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by teelotes (Post 1479635)

I think it's because of the 'items' or hougu that they posses. So that they are connected with the guze world in some way.

Yuji can only move within a fuzetsu and remember existences because of his reiji maigo, I think. And kazumi can only move and remember them because of the item kamshin gave her (the part of his bracelet or something). And Keisaku and Eita could only remember because of the bookmarks from Margery. Remember, Eita gave back his bookmark to get out of that world.

teelotes 2008-03-24 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer (Post 1482124)
it's a Novel spoiler not a Manga spoiler, and also where do you live...I can't find anyplace to buy Melon Pan where, I live....I guess it's not that popular in Canada T_T

I have a bakery here that sells melon-pan, and it has chocolate cornet too :cool: I can't find taiyaki easily though...

It's plain bread with a crispy crust topped with granulated sugar, so if you're not a bread person, then it's pretty much just sugar dough. Seems that there might be a reason why Wilhelmina chose to buy Melon-pan for Shana; it's relatively cheap compared to other sweet stuff likes cakes and tarts, and it's carbs which gives energy for training. A nice compromise between not spoiling her, and yet giving her a little reward.

And of course while Shana may have tried other better food after leaving the floating island, a childhood favourite will stay with her for life. A girl who fights all her life, and having been through so much, her favourite food is a down-to-earth Melon-pan... that's Shana ;)

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-24 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by teelotes (Post 1482211)
I have a bakery here that sells melon-pan, and it has chocolate cornet too :cool: I can't find taiyaki easily though...

It's plain bread with a crispy crust topped with granulated sugar, so if you're not a bread person, then it's pretty much just sugar dough. Seems that there might be a reason why Wilhelmina chose to buy Melon-pan for Shana; it's relatively cheap compared to other sweet stuff likes cakes and tarts, and it's carbs which gives energy for training. A nice compromise between not spoiling her, and yet giving her a little reward.

And of course while Shana may have tried other better food after leaving the floating island, a childhood favourite will stay with her for life. A girl who fights all her life, and having been through so much, her favourite food is a down-to-earth Melon-pan... that's Shana ;)

....your making me jealous, I wish there was a store that sold Melon Pan near where I live...or in my city for that matter....

teelotes 2008-03-24 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer (Post 1482235)
....your making me jealous, I wish there was a store that sold Melon Pan near where I live...or in my city for that matter....

How about baking your own? Just tried googling and saw a few recipes that came up. You can probably add your own flavouring and filling. ;)

Proto 2008-03-24 12:55

ô_o... it isn't that great of a bread though. I had been eating it since I have been memory without any idea that it was called melon pan in English or that the Japanese knew about it (it's called 'concha' in Mexico, which is Spanish for shell), but truly, don't have high expectations on it.

ForgedGlory 2008-03-25 17:29

Finally got to watch it and this episode was kick ass! Can't wait for the last episode, the last part had my heart pumped.

Kristen 2008-03-25 17:40

10. This was exciting, this was climatic, and it had excellent music. I wrote a longer responce before, so I'll keep it at this.

I thought Kazumi told Shana "You can have him", so this was going to be a 1, but I guess not. :p

FlareKnight 2008-03-25 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1485801)
10. This was exciting, this was climatic, and it had excellent music. I wrote a longer responce before, so I'll keep it at this.

I thought Kazumi told Shana "You can have him", so this was going to be a 1, but I guess not. :p

Closest thing of that we got from Kazumi was "Maybe I don't have a chance after all." Though that may be a concern. That kind of thinking could tempt her to use the hougu Pheles gave her. If it means getting the Reiji Maigo back to Yuji and thus saving him....Next episode should be interesting.

Poor Margery...knew it was going to be an ambush but had to be done. SHe's in a pretty bad spot right there. Shana and Carmel will just need to handle the situation themselves. Of course going up against Hecate and Metamorphosis will keep them occupied. May be left up to Yuji to deal with what's inside.

Was a little worried at the start. That scream of his...But really he did a nice job. Managed to pull himself together and knew that he had to do what he could. Shooting fireballs and slashing up the robots, he's doing a nice job.

Preview gives impression that Yuji will make a choice in some regard. But if it's going to be anime original and leave things open for a third season...Hopefully it's not like last time where it's conveniently not heard :heh:.

Reckoner 2008-03-25 18:23

I found this episode sub-par considering what they were trying to do. Since its anime original and it's the ending, it's like we're supposed to have a big climatic battle. It just seems stupid to me because if we are going to see a third season, we already know Bal Masque's plans are going to fail and we already know that no one can die. Sabrac's fight was far more exciting from the very beginning than this.

Compared to Shana season 1, I didn't know it was getting a second season and I didn't even know it was non canon till I came on Animesuki. This is perhaps why I enjoyed that far better than this.

If we don't get a season 3, I'll be even more ticked off than I am now considering some future events that are or "were" supposed to come...

Despite my qualms about knowing that this isn't canon, I thought the episode was "ok", earning a good ol' 7 from me.

P.S. Why did Yuji even drop Blutsauger at the end? Not enough P.O.E?

KaneDragon 2008-03-25 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 1485910)
Why did Yuji even drop Blutsauger at the end? Not enough P.O.E?

Got stuck in a wall, lol. :rolleyes: I was wondering why he didn't just unstick it by turning it into a bookmark.

Wish he could learn something more elegant than tossing balls of raw power, but he just needs more training. :p

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-03-25 21:18

Yuuji better kick their butts. Those Guze no Tomogara are so going down.

X207 2008-03-25 21:41

ep 23
(just in case)
Spoiler:

but this is the relative calm b4 the true storm so im fine with wat happened in ep 23.