AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Pretty Cure! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7430)

JAppi 2004-02-14 22:59

Pretty Cure!

Omg I can't believe it's been subbed! I can't wait till the download finishes cuz I *really* wanna watch it!

ACE2003 2004-02-14 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAppi
Omg I can't believe it's been subbed! I can't wait till the download finishes cuz I *really* wanna watch it!

Umm....what's it about?

JAppi 2004-02-14 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACE2003
Umm....what's it about?

You mean you haven't heard of it?!

Wow. You must live a pretty sheltered life.

suguru 2004-02-14 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACE2003
Umm....what's it about?

Jasconius has a review up--can't tell if it'll be good or not, but I'll check out the first episode of just about anything:
http://www.jascii.net/newanime/jasci...ascii_view=132

In short, mahou shoujo...

ACE2003 2004-02-14 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru
Jasconius has a review up--can't tell if it'll be good or not, but I'll check out the first episode of just about anything:
http://www.jascii.net/newanime/jasci...ascii_view=132

In short, mahou shoujo...

Okay, thanks for the information! As for the sheltered life thing.....oh never mind. I was just curious in any case. I've seen it here in Japan, but I didn't know the name of it.....I may watch it later as I am keeping up with 20 anime series right now.

Diedrupo 2004-02-15 00:48

sounds like the kind of mahou shoujo anime that I don't like (the ones where there's a grand plot with a master villain and evil army that the magical girl heroines have to defeat). I much prefer slice of life style magical girl shows like himechan no ribbon instead. :/

Dragosmore 2004-02-15 00:52

Allow me to give a short synopsis (btw, I'm not from ChiZ :P *hinthint* another group is doing it too, unreleased yet):

Nagisa Misumi and Yukishiro Honoka are normal middle schoolers living a normal life. Nagisa is big with sports, especially lacrosse and Honoka is a scientific genius. The thing is, Nagisa is liked by girls much to her disposition (poor Nagisa) and Honoka is liked by the boys. Over the past week, shooting stars have been falling down in their little town they live in. On the day of the first episode, one shooting star lands into Nagisa's room and Honoka finds a glowing box in the shed in her garden.

Spoiler of ep1 continues below:
Spoiler:

Classical Mahou Shoujo. Look forward to my groups release too ^^

Kurara 2004-02-15 00:57

I don't think they're available yet to download, are they? ^^;
I'm going to download it! I love their costumes. It looks like a cute mahou shoujo series.

perth 2004-02-15 01:01

i might have to go watch it now

ONE OF THEM PLAYS LACROSSE

!!!!!WOOT!!!!

P.S. im a lacrosse goalie and i have never seen lacrosse in anime

JustAnotherFan 2004-02-15 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurara
I don't think they're available yet to download, are they? ^^;

You could have checked yourself, no? :) Or is AnimeSuki that complicated? ;)
Anyway: Pretty Cure

suguru 2004-02-15 03:37

The first episode was interesting...nothing extraordinary, it has all the mahou shoujo staples. Although Precure gets bonus points for having a bad guy who used to be a member of KISS :)

Spoiler:

Also, ChiZ's font choice was nice and easy to read, but the watermark in the top right was a little distracting at times...but hey, it's free, so I shouldn't complain, right?

Kurara 2004-02-15 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
You could have checked yourself, no? :) Or is AnimeSuki that complicated? ;)
Anyway: Pretty Cure

Oh, I'm saying that because I never saw it on the front page.. ^^ But maybe I missed it. Sorry!
I'm happy it's released though.

chickenballs 2004-02-15 22:08

help im a newbie!!!

can someone tell me how to find out your Streamload Account if your with OtakuSavior.com

Lina 2004-02-15 23:54

I just watched it, and I kinda like it! Sure, it's a cheesey magical girl show. Sure, they have cute mascots (who I found cute despites their names being so close to the word 'nipple'), cell phones, AND cards so it's obviously trying to market some toys, but these magical girls can actually kick a lot of ass. And I like their outfits. And it's for once nicely animated. This is way better than Tokyo Mew Mew or even Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.

:) I'll be watching this series.

Kempis Curious 2004-02-16 00:25

Yes, I think the animation on this series was given a lot of time and effort... unusual for a mahou shoujo.

It was also fun to see all of the traditional magical girl stuff: named attacks, cute alien sidekicks, magical accesories (which appear to have been already manufactured for the fans), nude transformation sequences, etc.

I start to wonder if there isn't a lolicon audience also being targeted... I understand Sailor Moon with the busty 15 year olds but not thin 12 year olds. :(

-k

Lina 2004-02-16 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I start to wonder if there isn't a lolicon audience also being targeted... I understand Sailor Moon with the busty 15 year olds but not thin 12 year olds. :(

-k

Since they didn't exactly glaze over the nudity with bright colorful lights and instead just made them metallic, I guess it's a possibility but you never know. I don't think they are.. But at least this one is being the least obvious about it if it is. Don't watch UFO Princess..

Go-lytely 2004-02-16 01:24

The one thing missing from the show is the love interest. Maybe he will show up later on. The animation was much better than expected too. However, Tokyo Mew Mew and Melody Mermaid still left a better impression on me after the first ep.

babbito2k 2004-02-16 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lina
Don't watch UFO Princess..

UFO Princess Valkyrie is not mahou shoujo.

>< I don't share anyone's concerns about fanservice. Most mahou shoujo series have little if any. I think Cure Black's bike shorts kind of make the point about looking up the girls' skirts and so on.

Handy facts:
Nagisa and Yukishiro are 2nd-year middle schoolers. They are meant to be roughly 14 years old.
The show airs on Sunday mornings at 8:30.
There are Precure cards and toys coming onto the market.

Princess_of_Hell 2004-02-16 01:58

I can see the word LICENSED and 4Kids coming to this wonderful and cute series soon. It won't be long before this is licensed in the US and with 4Kids trying to attract more girls to "anime", I won't be surprised if 4Kids is the one who will probably be licensing it if it ever does get licensed.

This is one of my top series that I am currently watching. The intro song is also very catchy. :heh:

DekaMaster 2004-02-16 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
I can see the word LICENSED and 4Kids coming to this wonderful and cute series soon. It won't be long before this is licensed in the US and with 4Kids trying to attract more girls to "anime", I won't be surprised if 4Kids is the one who will probably be licensing it if it ever does get licensed.

This is one of my top series that I am currently watching. The intro song is also very catchy. :heh:

Let's all hope and pray 4kids doesn't go anywhere near this one.