AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 46 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78406)

White Manju Bun 2009-02-22 21:47

Soul Eater - Episode 46 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 46.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ChibiGoku 2009-02-23 04:33

All I can really say is...

Spoiler:

Outside of that, next episode I'm really wondering how the hell I'm going to take seriously. Excalibur, helping pilot a gigantic robot? Seriously, the hell? :heh:

carcanclaw 2009-02-23 09:08

Veeeeery different from the manga.

Spoiler for ep+preview:

Clarste 2009-02-23 14:13

Spoiler:

Kotobasuu 2009-02-23 19:05

Spoiler for episode:

NakedAngelX 2009-02-23 20:30

Spoiler for Spoiler:

FlareKnight 2009-02-23 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by NakedAngelX (Post 2234421)
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lmd_84 2009-02-26 16:30

Bizarre, but entertaining. Liked that Kid's assumptions (he never had more than that) were wrong, and how typically casual Shinigami was about the whole affair. Can see Eibon having a connection both to Shinigami and Arachne as being manga canon. It'd suit their respective ideas about the world, to have an ally who works like Eibon: his Tools aren't, themselves, dangerous things (and, as far as we know, nor are the Weapons). Excalibur I can do without.

Black Star's getting nowhere, either in matching Mifune's skill or understanding the point the samurai, Kid, and Nygus and Sid have been trying to make to him; if he wants to 'surpass god', he's going about it the wrong way; Winning cannot be the only thing that matters. Clearly we're not going to go into the same detail as the manga, but we might end up with a similar conclusion for Black Star and the presence inside Tsubaki. Enjoyed the style used for Mifiune's last attack; with the black and red it kind of resembled some of the earlier 'flashback' sequences telling of madness and the kishin.

Alchemist007 2009-02-26 21:14

Why are people using spoiler tags even after the ep is out?
Anyways, I hope the next ep isn't about Eibon's Romeo story or something.

Nosauz 2009-02-26 21:51

overall this was a really good episode, white star stuff was just awesome, wish they made him look even more insane. Overall this is probably the best overall episode since the start of bones original plot, the whole technical aspect and plot were actually not so farfetched like boobie power able to stop stien in the previous episode. The one gripe about animation was the thompson twins, they seemed to be animated differently from the begining of the series. I always thought Patty was significantly shorter than liz. The other thing I have a problem with is wtf is Joe b's purpose in the show? He has so far done nothing but talk in cryptic half truths and drink coffee. Anyway from the style in this episode, I'm liking how the shows heading. I had expected the series to take a darker turn earlier but for most of it, it was light, and hopefully we are finally to a point were things might culminate and form a decent end to a great start of the show.

Boduar 2009-02-26 22:04

Really kinda disappointed with the Black Star fight but thats probably because of comparing it to the manga which has a lot more time to power him up. He is probably one of my favorite characters and I dont think he has won a fight or even put up a good show in like 20+ episodes.

FlareKnight 2009-02-27 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 2239626)
Why are people using spoiler tags even after the ep is out?
Anyways, I hope the next ep isn't about Eibon's Romeo story or something.

Well not sure about your first point. I mean if the episode wasn't out what would be in the spoiler tags? No episode means nothing to talk about.

At least the other teams got a small moment to remind people they existed before the end :heh:. Sadly just no time to give them any real development.

Alchemist007 2009-02-27 02:08

I just don't see the point to using them here, I mean who would come in here unless they knew what happened or wanted to intentionally get spoiled?

lmd_84 2009-02-27 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boduar (Post 2239684)
Really kinda disappointed with the Black Star fight but thats probably because of comparing it to the manga which has a lot more time to power him up. He is probably one of my favorite characters and I dont think he has won a fight or even put up a good show in like 20+ episodes.

It's understandable that he hasn't been able to put up a decent fight in this episode, though. He's not got the understanding that he has in the manga, and the power that that allows him. Similar tactics (speed, clones) but ultimately not good enough by the end of 46.

I reckon things will change in the next episode, as Black Star probably faces the prescence inside Tsubaki again. Just to see how it works, I'd love to see it go against the manga and actually have him fail to grasp the necessary understanding, but somehow I doubt that will happen. ;)

Sinestra 2009-02-27 09:29

An ok episode not like i didnt know Black Star was going to lose it was very obvious. In a couple of years with training as he matures and gets more experience he can go toe to toe with Mifune.

Black Star is powerful but hes seriously out classed hes still just a kid. When Mifune thought he was lost he ended it with a clean cut that was him being serious. Although i think Mifune actually misunderstood Black Star i was so surprised that Tsubaki didn't ask Black Star to pull back.

Well puddle of blood doesn't mean jack in anime im sure hes a live and will be treated when he gets back to Shibusen. Maka is heading for the battlefield and im sure Kid will link up too we also have our other 3 hero students on the battle getting ready to infiltrate the castle im sure they will be of some help..

well thats all folks.

Alchemist007 2009-02-27 15:26

I want Mifune to get pwned. But it will never happen unless he himself does it.

KanaKaishou 2009-02-27 19:18

If BS is actually dead, then Bones has lots of balls. And will have done something surprising. I like that the anime is actually taking a different take than the manga--but the manga has time on its side, so it inevitably comes out a better. But this is hardly a travesty. They're tying up loose ends with a vengeance--so I'm actually looking forward to the end of this mess.

AceD 2009-02-27 19:25

does mifune actually have another motive to be doing what he is? he claims hes helping to them to keep An safe, but hes clearly strong enough to do that himself

Clarste 2009-02-28 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow (Post 2241620)
does mifune actually have another motive to be doing what he is? he claims hes helping to them to keep An safe, but hes clearly strong enough to do that himself

Mifune's helping Arachne create a world where Angela won't be persecuted or used. Yeah, he could continue to guard her forever, but he doesn't want her to live in fear and have to hide from society. That seems like a good reason to me.

lmd_84 2009-02-28 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by KanaKaishou (Post 2241609)
If BS is actually dead, then Bones has lots of balls. And will have done something surprising. I like that the anime is actually taking a different take than the manga--but the manga has time on its side, so it inevitably comes out a better. But this is hardly a travesty. They're tying up loose ends with a vengeance--so I'm actually looking forward to the end of this mess.

I don't see why killing Black Star would be all that of a leap for Bones to make. As he is now, he's more the 'demon' people fear he will become than the great man/warrior he likes to think he is. Like his father, he's facing his own destruction by causing the destruction of others' purely for the sake of winning.

This is what I don't get about the anime characterisation of Black Star, because I hardly see Bones killing him off. But for them to allow him to survive, they have to fit into perhaps one episode what Okubo took several chapters to establish: that he can accept what he's facing and deal with his issues without taking the path of a kishin.

With what Bones seems to have in mind (unless I'm wrong and they are going to have Black Star fatally learn the error of his ways) it's going to be an awfully quick turnaround.