AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Odd/quirky teachers and professors (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21576)

TheLaughingMan 2004-10-05 11:06

Odd/quirky teachers and professors

This thread is to share funny/odd stories about interesting teachers you have/had. I hope this topic hasn't been done before (did a search didn't find anything).

I would have to say my 8th grade science teacher comes to mind. Her name was Mrs. Keache and she was in her mid 60s, and looked like she could expire at anytime. Well, being a private school, she would begin class with a "prayer", the whole process could last up to 30 minutes. She would start by going around the room asking for prayer requests, and people would make up all sorts of things just to keep her praying. It was very common for people to take a nap and just wake up when she said "amen".

Another thing was, she was prone to these anger fits. She would totally lose it and start yelling at us for 5+ minutes straight. While yelling at us, she would start violently shaking, and would grasp the edge of her desk to stand upright. :twitch: I guess we kind of deserved it. It was odd, she could here you if you whispered in class, but not if you were talking loudly.

On the last day of school, we had just finished a lab, she was giving a speech on how she "loved everyone of us" and how we were her best class, she would miss us, ect ect. Well, the bell rings, everyone throws off their lab clothes and runs out the door as she starts yelling "GET BACK HERE, GET BACK HERE!". :nono:

*feels nostalgic*

haunterex 2004-10-05 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan
This thread is to share funny/odd stories about interesting teachers you have/had. I hope this topic hasn't been done before (did a search didn't find anything).

I would have to say my 8th grade science teacher comes to mind. Her name was Mrs. Keache and she was in her mid 60s, and looked like she could expire at anytime. Well, being a private school, she would begin class with a "prayer", the whole process could last up to 30 minutes. She would start by going around the room asking for prayer requests, and people would make up all sorts of things just to keep her praying. It was very common for people to take a nap and just wake up when she said "amen".

Another thing was, she was prone to these anger fits. She would totally lose it and start yelling at us for 5+ minutes straight. While yelling at us, she would start violently shaking, and would grasp the edge of her desk to stand upright. :twitch: I guess we kind of deserved it. It was odd, she could here you if you whispered in class, but not if you were talking loudly.

On the last day of school, we had just finished a lab, she was giving a speech on how she "loved everyone of us" and how we were her best, she would miss us class, ect ect. Well, the bell rings, everyone throws off their lab clothes and runs out the door as she starts yelling "GET BACK HERE, GET BACK HERE!". :nono:

*feels nostalgic*

sounds like we have a mad fundy on the loose :heh:
prayer for 30minutes? if i had a teacher like that, i would confront her on why everyone in the class need to follow her religious practice. screw her and her god, we dont need more religious nutcase to backtrack this world.

Tzurial 2004-10-05 11:30

In fourth grade math, I used to draw giraffes during class alot. One day my teacher, who was really old and mean!!, caught me and told me to stay in during recess. I thought she we would make me learn math, but I ended up drawing her a giraffe and she kept it at her desk!

Quote:

Originally Posted by haunterex
prayer for 30minutes? if i had a teacher like that, i would confront her on why everyone in the class need to follow her religious practice. screw her and her god, we dont need more religious nutcase to backtrack this world.

...they said it was a private school, calm down

Bun-kun 2004-10-05 11:31

Mine was in the 8th grade also. His name was Mr. Wolfe and he was a civil war freak. He does reenactments(sp?) durings summer and everything. When we hit the chapter on Civil War he wore his Union uniform, and Confederate uniform everyday till the Section was over. When we were tested, we could earn extra credit points by naming the specific name of each item on his uniform. Oh, lol, when we watched civil war movie he would stop the tape and pointed out things that were inaccurate on the film, i.e guns, uniform, etc. Guess the man is really passionate with what he does. My little cousin have him now for a teacher and she says he still does the same thing. :)

Ending 2004-10-05 12:14

Well, after elementary comes upper secondary school, right? (Lukio, gymnasium, lyseo, etc.) In any case, during those three years we had this kind of strange physics teacher who was about in her 50s. You know; the crony type but not yet too dead to teach. Nevertheless, way too often when we were discussing about, say; "the maximum velocity a train can have on tracks" it side-tracked to trains, train-stations, train-people, and then it was nothing about physics or trains at all. :heh:

Of course, she knew it and at least tried to stay on subject -even though it still happened. :p

Anita-chan 2004-10-05 12:29

i had a teacher .... :D

when i was in yr9 (14yrs old) he took us on an outing to the local forest :D:D:D

boring as hell

ya :( torture ...

many more misadventures to be told by "Anita Chan" soon!!!!

Slade 2004-10-05 12:33

I've had my share of classes and suprisingly only a few odd teachers.

I'll talk about an interesting one I have now. He looks young, as if he just got of college. Definitely in his 20s, he's my music appreciation professor and he always, I mean, always carries around this with him

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/7203/8662.jpg

No, it's not a violin, this thing is bigger than the average person.

Every class I see him bringing it in from down the hallway, from the parking lot. He never even played it until a class ago. Man, he's really good. I mean, he went off breaking out into a solo without sheet music for a good 20 minutes and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Still, it's a bit odd that he carries that around everywhere, to class, to the cafeteria, I wonder if he takes it everywhere else... he's hardcore, I'll give him that.

Baba 2004-10-05 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade
Still, it's a bit odd that he carries that around everywhere, to class, to the cafeteria, I wonder if he takes it everywhere else... he's hardcore, I'll give him that.

If it's his own instrument and if he's really good at it, this things porbabbly costs no less than several thousand bucks and probably more like tens of them. So if the security at your school is a bit lacking I can understand him taking it evrywhere. As to why he would take the trouble to bring a precious thing like that at class, that's another question.

I have had one or two really odd teachers myself, but I don't feel like posting about them now, maybe letter.

Ending 2004-10-05 13:26

@ Slade

Maybe because of the same thing as with some students: if you aren't carrying a backpack, you aren't one, and if you aren't carrying a piano on your shoulder, you aren't a pianist. :D

A matter of identity, I'd guess.

sarcasteak 2004-10-05 13:35

I remember this one Spanish subsitute teacher back in high school. He took over more than once, and everytime he came he brought along his guitar and sang Spanish songs. Quite fun, really. And when he calls on you, he tosses a small tennis ball at you. I was asleep once and got nailed...everyone laughed at me. >_<

Anita-chan 2004-10-05 13:39

i use to have another teacher :D

i was in yr9 (14yrs old) a teacher in my school .. Mr Boozak went missing ...

Spoiler:

eveyone mourned except me :mad: stupid teacher gave me my FIRST detention that went on MY RECORD!!!!!!!!

:mad: *evil*

Sakaki 2004-10-05 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anita-chan
i use to have another teacher :D

i was in yr9 (14yrs old) a teacher in my school .. Mr Boozak went missing ...

Spoiler:

eveyone mourned except me :mad: stupid teacher gave me my FIRST detention that went on MY RECORD!!!!!!!!

:mad: *evil*

So now we know the fate of Mr. Boozak. :p

"Note to self: Don't cross Anita-chan, you can run but you can't hide":uhoh:

I had a real boring teacher in high school, once I had him for 2 classes in a row, I fell asleep in one class and woke up in the next.

Had a college proff. that was only in the first few classes and the last few classes. Story was she was out drunk the rest of the time. Not too unbeliveable she was pretty bad, but the upside is that we had a good subsitute Proff. in the middle.

Shin Kell 2004-10-05 14:23

I had quite a few odd and very fun teachers in high school. Though I'll only bore you with two of them.

The one I won't forget was my World Geography teacher. He looked a bit like Richard Nixon and every Monday he would tell us about how he went on covert missions for the government over the weekend. This was good because if we didn't feel like doing any work we'd pester him to tell us what happened and he'd make up stuff for the whole period an never assigned any work. Our "classwork/homework" consisted of coloring maps of whatever part of the world we were studying. On the final exam we got to use all our notes we took throughout the year, if you didn't have em it didn't matter just write down something interesting and it'll be counted as correct. Thanks to him I still know that the capitol of Cairo is Egypt :D

The second one was my History teacher. She looked like your grandma and gave out quite a few words of wisdom which I can still remember to this day: "If you don't hush up I'm gonna throw you through the window without breaking the glass" and my all time favorite given out during test time "You can look up for inspiration, you can look down in desperation, but you can't look side to side for information." She knew everyone cause she had taugh almost all our parents and/or brothers an sisters. I don't remember much cause it was a long time ago but boy do I miss her.

Anita-chan 2004-10-05 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakaki
"Note to self: Don't cross Anita-chan, you can run but you can't hide":uhoh:

im watching you :eek:

xD

Ending 2004-10-05 15:06

Watch all you want, that is as close as you can get, pervert. :naughty:

:joke:

Necrodeath 2004-10-05 15:49

Well...I had this geography teacher once...All we did during his class was talk and have fun and all. He would always wear kaki shorts, and sandals, even in mid-winter. It didn't bother him that much that we talked and all...until...that day. It was a usual class from him, we started talking like we normally did, but as we made more and more noise, his head began to get a little red...as we continued talking, his head continued getting redder...vanes started to show on his forehead and whatnot...I stopped talking...others continued (don't know if they noticed :p). Then all of a sudden he popped. He broke the pole thingy he used to show stuff on the map, and he just threw it at us. Everyone got sent out of class, and since then we've had a different geography teacher :p

I've had some others, but I will reserve those for a later time :p

OutPhase 2004-10-05 16:00

My English teacher's father is quite nuts and is crazy pissed at some guy who broke his car windows and wants to get even with him. How so, you ask:

Spoiler:

For actual teachers I don't have one that's really intresting. Except for that one teacher who loved his demerit stamper and the science teacher I have now (great sense of humor.)

TheLaughingMan 2004-10-05 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Well...I had this geography teacher once...All we did during his class was talk and have fun and all. He would always wear kaki shorts, and sandals, even in mid-winter. It didn't bother him that much that we talked and all...until...that day. It was a usual class from him, we started talking like we normally did, but as we made more and more noise, his head began to get a little red...as we continued talking, his head continued getting redder...vanes started to show on his forehead and whatnot...I stopped talking...others continued (don't know if they noticed :p). Then all of a sudden he popped. He broke the pole thingy he used to show stuff on the map, and he just threw it at us. Everyone got sent out of class, and since then we've had a different geography teacher :p

I've had some others, but I will reserve those for a later time :p

Thats awesome. :heh:

Also in 8th grade, my PE teacher was from Africa, and he used to wear sweatsuits in the middle of the summer. He also had contempt towards us because we were all " spoiled american kids", I can't help that I have running water! Where he was from they hit disrespectful kids with sticks. :uhoh: One day me and two of my friends got in trouble in his class (wait, wasn't that everyday?) and he goes "Do you know in how many ways I want to tie your head's togethor?!?!". Must be a African thing. O_o

Another odd teacher was my freshman english teacher. She was just out of college, and was really good looking. She dressed really risque, like tops that showed her ah... detailed anatomy, short skirts, long, leather boots, ect. She also said things that could have been viewed as her hitting on you. o_O

I won't get started on my history teacher. The man was so quirky and mean spirited; I dont think I can even describe him. GOGO quality, private education!:fingers:

whatever123 2004-10-05 17:44

i had a teacher in intermediate school tha had an accident (don't know when) that resulted in him losing one third of his index finger, so whenever he used to point at anything in the board he used to point it with his middle finger while all his other fingers were semi clenched, i recall whenever we had a class with him it was so hard to stop ourselves from laughing

Necrodeath 2004-10-05 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan
[...]

Another odd teacher was my freshman english teacher. She was just out of college, and was really good looking. She dressed really risque, like tops that showed her ah... detailed anatomy, short skirts, long, leather boots, ect. She also said things that could have been viewed as her hitting on you. o_O

[..]

PICS! I DEMAND PICS!
:p
I've had a teacher like that too ^_^ just somewhat older (mid 20's or something) but she was also really good looking.