AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Yumeria PS2 game (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15021)

Roots 2004-06-06 20:12

Yumeria PS2 game

I've never seriously thought about importing a Japanese game until now. After hearing there was a PS2 game for Yumeria and looking at some screenshots, I really wanted to play it. Now that I've seen this promo trailer that Anime Keep put out, I feel like if I don't play it then I might as well be dead. Is anyone else really excited about this game? Oh, and Mone finally said something other than Mone! I'm just so excited and frustrated at the same time, because I doubt any stupid American companies will think of importing it :frustrated:

Slighty off the subject, what does one need to do to play Japanese games? I already have an American PS2, and from what I know you can't play Japanese games unless you put a mod chip on it or something, which voids the warranty (I think mine is expired anyway). What risks come with moding your system (in the case a PS2)? Could I get an imported Yumeria game to work on a PS2 emulator (for Linux)? I really don't want to buy a Japanese PS2 when I already have an American one. I think that is just a freaking rip-off. Personally I take it as Sony saying "Hey you! :fingers:" Bitches, I hate regional encodings!

Please help a desperate man satisfy his passion for love-sim adventures :D

Sanjuronord 2004-06-07 06:38

Might be a better idea to wait for the game to be ported to another format like gamecube or pc where getting around the whole region thing would be alot easier.

As for the game, looks pretty impressive for it's genre. The girls look really nice, but they're still being pasted in front of a cg background it seems. Voices for the girls are also really nice (neneko seemed especially funny) but seems strange to not hear the main guy's voice or even see him (even though that seems to be standard for the whole genre). Wasn't a big fan of the anime but only watched first ep, so not dieing to play this but would be interested in getting a better look at the game than just a trailer.

Yamano667 2004-06-07 10:04

the animation is quite out on PS2.. is not that good
the anime tv series was better :)

TronDD 2004-06-07 10:17

The game actually does look kind of cool. I didn't know what to expect for a game after seeing the series. I'd buy it if I could get it in English and on the PC.

I really don't like anime style characters in 3D, though. It never looks as good as when drawn. They look ok in the game except Mone, she's awful looking.

Yamano667 2004-06-07 11:04

maybe I need a new pair of glasses O_O hehehe :p badly drawn and they moved
like puppets :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by TronDD
The game actually does look kind of cool. I didn't know what to expect for a game after seeing the series. I'd buy it if I could get it in English and on the PC.

I really don't like anime style characters in 3D, though. It never looks as good as when drawn. They look ok in the game except Mone, she's awful looking.

Roots 2004-06-07 15:10

I believe I heard that Yumeria uses the same game engine that Xenosaga did. If you are observant enough, you'll see that the character models, emotions, and actions do resemble Xenosaga somewhat.

*sigh* I want to win Mizuki's heart. She puts the "bi" in "bishoujou" :naughty: