AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass Episode 20 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43985)

Avisch 2007-03-08 16:07

Cool episode

I agree with the previous shots commenting on C.C.'s incredibly nice (though shortly seen) Flight suit)

Siting arrangements for the Gawain are cool.

Spoiler for Episode 20:

Shiroth 2007-03-08 16:17

Gah, not long left go in this season, & Shirley has yet again come under the knowledge that Lelouch is Zero. Not only that, but pretty much all the information she was Geass'd to forget about it. Interesting!

blablablub. 2007-03-08 16:22

I dont know Yuffis "ego boost" after her talk with Nina seems a bit rushed but well who knows maybe all she needed all the time was just someone to cheer her up.

And on a side note is it only me or does the flag ship of Cornelia just looks like the ones from Orb in GSD?

Avisch 2007-03-08 16:23

She's probably going to break geass. I bet she will confront him about it and Lelouch won't be able to move away from it.

Revolutionist 2007-03-08 16:23

This episode was rather disappointing, so only 6/10 from me.

Shiroth 2007-03-08 16:25

Did anyone notice Suzaku's eyes just before the Gawain appeared to save the day? The word 'live' was mention, so looks like the Geass was about to kick in.

ashlay 2007-03-08 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamaNeko (Post 856322)
How much of Shirley's note can you guys read? It's surprisingly good English, given anime's reputation for mangled engrish...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4017/notezx1.th.jpg

Spoiler:

Geass has had surprisingly good english throughout. from what I can remember, even that fake history textbook read perfectly.

wonder if they have a native speaker as an assitant for something (animating, sound, coffee, etc.), and they just go to them for all the english bits.

Blue_Mercy 2007-03-08 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 856359)
This episode was rather disappointing, so only 6/10 from me.

Exactly.

-Lelouch stating that they are going to take on the whole country themselves.
-Euphie learning about love from Nina:rolleyes: ,and confessing her love to Suzaku.
-After Lelouch started fighting alongside Suzaku, I lost all hope for the episode.

SoldierOfDarkness 2007-03-08 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashlay (Post 856362)
Geass has had surprisingly good english throughout. from what I can remember, even that fake history textbook read perfectly.

wonder if they have a native speaker as an assitant for something (animating, sound, coffee, etc.), and they just go to them for all the english bits.

I'm going to killed:heh:

Quote:

I dont know Yuffis "ego boost" after her talk with Nina seems a bit rushed but well who knows maybe all she needed all the time was just someone to cheer her up.
Really? That's all they did? I'm surprised. Sunrise you....playing around with us like that.

Quote:

Gah, not long left go in this season, & Shirley has yet again come under the knowledge that Lelouch is Zero. Not only that, but pretty much all the information she was Geass'd to forget about it. Interesting!
Poor Lelouch, he wants to break away but she just keeps coming at him:heh: She keeps coming back for more.

Onizuka-GTO 2007-03-08 16:40

To be honest quite alot of recent animes have some good English, take for example Ghost Hunt, which only has one scene which they spoke perfectly fluent English for only 30 seconds.

I think they are finally realising that it pays to be attentive to details, i think even more since CG background naturally involve alot of English culture.

xcxcxcc 2007-03-08 16:47

Spoiler:

ahhh poor nina trying to get to euphie
looks like lulu is making the girls do all the dirty work for him but cc looks hot in that new suit

ep 21 damn i dont like villettaxogi pairing i want villettaxorange

SinsI 2007-03-08 16:58

Interesting. So Lacksharta has remodelled Gawain with Gefjun field and made it invisible to radars. Isn't it a little bit too fast?

Niar 2007-03-08 17:05

the continuous geass effect is obviously connected to the "lancelot standing on the burning hill" scene.
Lulu has create a monster. Looking forward to death near situations with Suzaku.

ashlay 2007-03-08 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinsI (Post 856399)
Interesting. So Lacksharta has remodelled Gawain with Gefjun field and made it invisible to radars. Isn't it a little bit too fast?

meh, she had some free time, and she was already playing with the stealth properties of the Gefjun devices in 18. (I believe the sub was also equipped with such a stealth device)

and as for the cannons, she already had data on a working radiation wave device, so it wouldn't be that hard to adapt the technology (they seemed to have a similar firing OS to the Guren's after all)

Renegade334 2007-03-08 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinsI (Post 856399)

Not exactly...she merely completed the erratic-firing Hadron Cannons by using the GD tech to rein in the hadron streams...as for the rest, I assume it was already there. Spoilers and magazines already hinted that it was an Electronic Warfare/Command unit, so it's not surprising if it managed to creep on Sawazaki and Suzaku without raising any suspicions.

And, yeah, in ep18, it was mentioned about a stealth cover...so adding a few additional emitters won't hurt any, don't you think so? It's not like it's a complete makeover or a bottom-up recast of the entire frame.

quina 2007-03-08 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamaNeko (Post 856322)
How much of Shirley's note can you guys read? It's surprisingly good English, given anime's reputation for mangled engrish...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4017/notezx1.th.jpg

Spoiler:

Shirley just opened a gate to hell.
It won't be long (hopefully) before she walk into it.

She would be totally gone this time...KILL HER LULU!

SinsI 2007-03-08 17:34

Well, it all comes down to the question of how much time had passed between ep. 19 and 20 for all this to happen. I know it's anime-style engineering we have here, but in real life it would take at least several months of development to make adjustments of similar magnitude.

Revolutionist 2007-03-08 17:40

Spoiler:

etothex 2007-03-08 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by quina (Post 856430)
Shirley just opened a gate to hell.
It won't be long (hopefully) before she walk into it.

She would be totally gone this time...KILL HER LULU!

Looking forward to it. I mean what other choice does he have. They better not do a lame geass-evolution thing just for this.

0rphen21 2007-03-08 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 856292)
Spoiler:

is Euphie that desperate?? it was a given right from the start that they would make this a Suzaku/Euphie but to make the first move man she is aggressive :cool: :cool: :cool: