AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107952)

Xacual 2011-10-30 17:11

Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne [Light Novel]

Translated title: As Long As There's Love, It Doesn't Matter If He Is My Brother, Right!?

Found this because of a thread on 4chan and surprised that despite having an up to date translation, I couldn't find a topic here about it.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6430/oniiaich00.jpg

Mangaupdates description:
Quote:

After being separated from each other for 6 years since the death of their parents, fraternal twins Akito Himonokouji (brother) and Akiko Himonokouji (sister) had finally reunited together again during the holidays thanks to some planning from Akito, despite objections from both of their adoption families. Being happy that Akito had fulfilled his promise to be with her again, Akiko confessed readily that she had incestuous love in Akito, and will not hesitate to do anything to win the love of Akito. Akito however does not harbor the same feeling for Akiko, and as a result had a headache with Akiko's actions. Despite all these, he still loves Akiko as a sister, and finds her adorable and cute, especially when he had not seen her since she was 10 years old.
I haven't yet finished the first volume but I've found it hilarious so far. Akiko is amazing.

blitz1/2 2011-10-30 17:17

I LOVE this novel! Akiko is the best, we should raise the banner with Akiko's wincest speech.

Johnny 2011-10-30 17:45

I'll set sail with the Gin boat even though the good friends role seems cursed when trying to get out of the friend zone...:D

Also unless I misread concerning Akito and Akiko...
Spoiler:

Lummie 2011-10-30 17:48

I recall that...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Xacual 2011-10-31 12:28

I just finished volume 1 and wow that scene at the school. Poor Akiko got tag teamed by everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3833129)
I LOVE this novel! Akiko is the best, we should raise the banner with Akiko's wincest speech.

The one at the start of volume 2?

tsunade666 2011-10-31 16:39

This is one of the few novels which is being translated and really thankful to the group doing it. Banzai CE light novel translation!

Utsuro no Hako 2011-10-31 19:12

You know, the moment I saw "Oniichan" in the title, I knew this was going to be an incest story.

blitz1/2 2011-10-31 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 3834990)
You know, the moment I saw "Oniichan" in the title, I knew this was going to be an incest story.

You make it sound like a bad thing. :D

surerman 2011-11-01 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3835061)
You make it sound like a bad thing. :D

it is one:D
especially since one can be influenced by it in seconds:p

It's a pity they didn't collaborate with Baka-Tsuki for faster released rate.:D

blitz1/2 2011-11-01 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by surerman (Post 3836450)
it is one:D
especially since one can be influenced by it in seconds:p

It's a pity they didn't collaborate with Baka-Tsuki for faster released rate.:D

it's already fully translated with the exception of vol 4 which came out a week ago.

Xacual 2011-11-01 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3836456)
it's already fully translated with the exception of vol 4 which came out a week ago.

With the group doing it taking a hiatus due to real life stuff, we probably won't start seeing vol4 releases for a month or two maybe.

That's ok for me I'm only just in volume 2 now. Got to where he's at Anna's house.

Edit: Finished volume 2
Spoiler for Volume 2:

surerman 2011-11-02 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3836456)

I think it's only vol1 that fully translated? I read directly at CE website:confused:
edited:
oh! found it! till vol 3

kuroishinigami 2011-11-02 04:32

One thing I don't like in this series is tht the harem aspect feels useless since the protagonist is a sis-con beyond help. I feel that the other character doesn't need to fall in love with the protagonist an the story wouldn't change even a bit since they don't have any chance anyway with how much of a siscon te protagonist is.

It's still a young sries though and here's hoping the author can handle the harem aspect better by giving the other girls better chance or just write them off as candidat altogether and focus on the "imouto".

Dorsai 2011-11-02 07:12

Spoiler for about LN:

kuroishinigami 2011-11-02 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 3837671)
Spoiler for about LN:

It's actually explained in the story that

Spoiler for :

Edit : just picked vol 4 and finished it. New harem member get! Wonder how many harem member he'll get. As for spoiler,

Spoiler for Vol 4:

endarion88 2011-11-17 19:30

can i ask where you read the translated version is against the rule?

kuroishinigami 2011-11-17 19:50

I read the original version, but the tranlated version is almost caught up(vol 3 I think). Just google c-e light novel translation.

Master Assassin 2011-11-23 12:44

... I can't stop laughing on Akiko's insistence to make Akito return her feelings, and every single time of it when Akito rejects it.

Emphasis being on the rejections. :heh:

kuroishinigami 2011-11-23 19:57

Akito is just tsundere toward akiko :p They're a perfect siscon-brocon pair already even if akito doesn't want to admit it lol

surerman 2011-11-23 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 3870778)
Akito is just tsundere toward akiko :p They're a perfect siscon-brocon pair already even if akito doesn't want to admit it lol

compared to Noa from Onii-chan Control, they are a normal siblings:heh:

Akiko really must just drug him and DO him already, if it's not enough insurance, she can record it with webcam to black mail him or even take a photo