AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best Romance/Comedy/Drama anime. Suggestion plz (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43022)

SilverHead 2007-02-13 16:53

Best Romance/Comedy/Drama anime. Suggestion plz

Hello everyone,

I know that this may sound cheesy coming from a guy, but I really like Romantic comedy/drama anime.
Recently, I watched the first and second season of School Rumble and I so much enjoyed it... (frustrating at some time too... lol).
I also read on manga I'S and Video Girl AI from Masakazu Katsura and I'S was definitly my favorite romance manga of all time.

I would like to know if you guys have some really good romantic comedy/drama anime like the one I mentioned to suggest me.

I would prefer some *long* serie (like over 10 episodes please) and please I want it to have an happy ending if its possible ! lol

Im pissed off about School Rumble not because I dont like it (haha surely not) but because I really, but really, but REALLY dont like the dumb Tenma and Harima is still grabing her leg like a dog ! WHEN is he gonna give up on her to be with the nice ERI-chan :D
lol

So I would like to heard from you guys about some suggestions please :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

jedinat 2007-02-13 17:17

Onegai Teacher - happy ending
Midori no Hibi - happy ending
Elfen Lied - horror anime, with romantic comedy elements mixed in... ending is kinda sad
Ranma 1/2 - romatic harem comedy with lots of action and silliness. Sort of frustrating in the same way as School Rumble because the main couple never seems to progress. Still good though (at least the first few seasons)

You would probably like Parallel (manga). There's also a similar, longer manga by the same author called Pastel. That one's kind of annoying though because it's taking forever for the coupe to get together.

SilverHead 2007-02-13 17:21

Wow, wasnt expecting such a cool answer !
I'll rep you up for good ! You truly deserve it :D

Thanks !

Sazelyt 2007-02-13 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverHead (Post 831965)
I would like to know if you guys have some really good romantic comedy/drama anime like the one I mentioned to suggest me.

As a guy, I would firstly suggest Hana Yori Dango. It is a bit older, but it displays the classic poor girl rich boy (or vice versa) love story really well. I have watched till the 38th episode or so I believe, but I finished reading the manga, and it has a happy ending. The story has everything you desire.

Another great one is Nana; I haven't watched all of the available episodes, but I know the story since I follow the manga, and it is one of the bests.

There is a very old one, it is a classic, and it has a good fan base. Kimagure Orange Road, I watched it long time ago, and at that time, it felt good.

Ah, my goddess, is a newer one, and I guess it would also match your needs well.

SilverHead 2007-02-13 18:32

Excellent ! :) thanks for the answer

I think I will have a lot to watch ! lol

Duckinator 2007-02-13 21:34

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Romance and Drama, not much Comedy (unless you count the 2 waitress as comedy..) Realistic, about the struggles of 3 friends, and their dilemia between Friendship, Responsibility and Love.

SilverHead 2007-02-13 21:43

thanks to you too :)

IronFox 2007-02-13 22:00

Hey, I`m a guy and the same way. Im always looking for comedies and the best always seem to be the romantic ones.

REC - about a girl who wants to be a voice actor
Amaenaideyo - typical harem/comedy about a priest and priestesses
I``s Pure - very good drama/romance
Kamisama Kazoku - one of my favs about a "god in training" living on earth
Maburaho - magical school life/harem/comedy
Mahou Sensei Negima - my all time fav. Do yourself a favor and watch this!!!!
Negima!? - another retelling of ^, more centered on action this time around
Midori no Hibi - good one about a tough guy whos "only gf is his right hand" and then literaly is
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - another fav. More comedy/drama
Shuffle! - first half is typical harem and then switches to extreme drama
Tonagura! - a very good one about reuniting with childhood sweethearts

SilverHead 2007-02-13 22:03

Quote:

Mahou Sensei Negima
I heard of this one somewhere... hum... Ill check this out as soon as I can ! :p
Thanks a lot for your infos too...

Wow... my list is huge now ! lol

capture 2007-02-13 23:06

Ouran Koukou host Club ~ nice comedy/romance anime.......

Azumanga Daiou ~ comedy (lots of it I mean :heh:.... and also w/ a bit romance)

Pani Poni Dash ~ just like azumanga daiou

7Th 2007-02-13 23:40

Bokura Ga Ita and most anime in the Noitamina spot, which include the excellent Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss and Nodame Cantabile.

Sakurai 2007-02-14 01:16

Now i've seen all those anime's.....instead of makinga new thread i decided to post here =).....neeed help finding a romantic comedy ( comedy isn't really needed ) im scared i seen all of them =(

miaka 2007-02-14 02:14

don't forget Nodame Cantabile. It has a nice mix of romance comedy and drama... currently ongoing set in a music school.
if you wont mind classic, try Maison Ikkoku. Its a little old but its a goodie.

SeijiSensei 2007-02-14 09:42

The currently-running Saiunkoku Monogatari has a lot of romance, with good comic relief bits throughout. At base it's a serious historical drama, but what makes it compelling is the way it weaves the drama, comedy, and romance together, along with some excellent characterizations.

NHK ni Youkoso might be seen as a romantic comedy; some episodes have side-splitting moments. What makes this show special, again, is that it's really a psychological study of some young people with big, though not-unfamiliar, problems. My top show in 2006.

whitewater_81 2007-02-14 11:10

YOU MUST TRY THIS!!!

> Honey and Clover - I'm sure you'll love this!!
> Midori no Hibi
> Full Metal Panic 1,Fumoffu and the Second Raid (that's 3 series)

Navel 2007-02-14 13:56

Ouran Koukou host Club has very nice comedy, clever drama (as in, you'll probably understand it when you're too old to have interest in anime anymore, unless you'll turn into an otaku ^^), and funny romance elements. Some episodes look like fairy tales, others are slapstick comedy, others are funny but they feel deeper than they look.

zephyrus 2007-02-14 14:44

what about:

-Green green TV
-Happiness!
-lovely lovedol
-love love?
-gift eternal rainbow
-wind -a breath of heart-

these should fit your criteria pretty well ^^

Dnous 2007-02-14 15:18

Saikano (Drama/Romance anime)
Peach Girl (Romance anime, Shoujo anime.)
Ninin ga Shinobuden (Ninja Nonsense) (Comedy anime, doesn’t have a storyline, but it’s just hilarious)
Yakitate Japan (Tons of parodies... and bread baking lol)
Haibane Renmei (Drama anime, slow paced, beautiful animation)
Chobits (Comedy, romance)
Aishiteru zu baby (Drama/Romance. It’s about a high schooler raising a little girl)

SilverHead 2007-02-14 17:06

Wow ! lol
I never expected to have soooo much answers ! lol

A BIG thanks to all of you :D

Ill try to leave some feedback of some of thoses series at you guys when I will finish watching them.

MamoruUsagi 2007-02-16 15:13

There are lots of romance anime/manga where the couple is dating and boyfriend/girlfriend during the series and in a relationship.

Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
The Devil Does Exist
High School Debut
Kare First Love
Sailor Moon
Peach Girl
Fushigi Yugi
Bokura ga Ita
Akuma De Sourou
Sensual Phrase
Kare Kano
Absolute Boyfriend
Paradise Kiss
Ultra Cute
Black Bird
B.O.D.Y.
Missile Happy!
Marmalade Boy

Sailor Moon has the couple dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, they get engaged, they get married, they have a child, they share lots of passionate kisses.

These series have lots of kissing and sex and dating.