AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   School Days (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Why write such ending? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=77944)

Nel 2009-02-10 01:53

Why write such ending?

I just finished watching school days.... im ah struck and not in a good way. Dose any one know any history behind this anime, cause this isnt like something that i was expecting from the first several anime? Any ideas on what would possess someone to write an ending like that?

Solafighter 2009-02-10 04:38

Im not sure, but this post could be deleted soon cause this is no forum, you can just open new theards(Forum would be spammed with new theards, if anyone could just do it ;)). Your post suits the School Days - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating theard better. ;)

Well why not writing such an ending? Would get boring after a while, if you only watch animes with happy endings. From my point of view(or its probobly fact already :D), that School Days got kind of popular and famous cause of this ending. I like it, cause it happened something, that i realy didnt expect. :cool:

lswift84 2009-02-10 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 2209021)
Im not sure, but this post could be deleted soon cause this is no forum, you can just open new theards(Forum would be spammed with new theards, if anyone could just do it ;)). Your post suits the School Days - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating theard better. ;)

Well why not writing such an ending? Would get boring after a while, if you only watch animes with happy endings. From my point of view(or its probobly fact already :D), that School Days got kind of popular and famous cause of this ending. I like it, cause it happened something, that i realy didnt expect. :cool:

Sola I think to post he would have had to request a new thread in a limited sub forum so I think he should be ok :cool:

To the OP's question, Sola is right why not make such an ending. I will have to admit I sort of did my research and I had an idea of what the ending/style of this anime was going to be so the ending stunned me SLIGHTLY less. But if you were expecting something more along the lines of a Harem like School Rumble it could definitely catch you off guard.

I don't know what "possessed" the mangaka to write this, but people write horror novels all the time which could probably be more gruesome as well as horror movies, but that is widely accepted as entertainment. I don't see why anyone wouldn't be able to do that with this anime & manga.

May I ask what exactly you were expecting this anime to be? Or why you think it is wrong for someone to create this type of entertainment? If I am not understanding what your question was I apologize, long day at work followed by a trip to the bar for chicken wings + beer . :D

Solafighter 2009-02-11 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by lswift84 (Post 2210340)
Sola I think to post he would have had to request a new thread in a limited sub forum so I think he should be ok :cool:

Ah ok i see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lswift84 (Post 2210340)
If I am not understanding what your question was I apologize, long day at work followed by a trip to the bar for chicken wings + beer . :D

kentucky fried chicken? ;)

brocko 2009-02-11 03:06

To show that what goes around comes around, sometimes with interest ;)

Plus you need a good change up or something different once in awhile, otherwise things just become too stagnant.

willyvereb 2009-02-11 11:41

I have no problems with the ending...it was logical from the happenings...but with that that two of the leads(namely: Makoto and most importantly Kotonoha) was not exactly realistic character...Makoto didn't care for anyone and has absolutely terrible relationship-sense...not to mention "dreamworld" Kotonoha. If the show had more real characters probably i can enjoy it more(so some extremely non-sense things didn't happened...like completely ignore Sekai even when more and more ppl pleads him to visit her, and perhaps less dreamy Kotonoha)...

lswift84 2009-02-11 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 2210632)

kentucky fried chicken? ;)

Nope, bar hot wings... 10 cent wings monday-friday = WIN lol

Solafighter 2009-02-12 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lswift84 (Post 2211795)
Nope, bar hot wings... 10 cent wings monday-friday = WIN lol

lol :heh: :D

maxikki 2009-02-13 08:41

hav u seen the latest "nice boat" video clip that appeared on animenewsnetwork??

Solafighter 2009-02-13 10:06

sure.

message to short killer

longong 2009-06-08 06:31

thanks to a such ending,"nice boat" have became a famous word :D

killer911 2009-06-08 17:11

School days used to be a Visual novel. And most of the endings are very violent. Only 1 was a happy ending.

DudeItsJeff 2009-06-09 08:06

I found to ending very sad.

yezhanquan 2009-06-17 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer911 (Post 2442358)
School days used to be a Visual novel. And most of the endings are very violent. Only 1 was a happy ending.

There are many happy endings, be it with Sekai or Kotonoha. In fact, there are only 3 violent endings.

Marcus H. 2009-06-18 03:26

And they had to choose among the violent endings. >.<

I was thinking of the aftermath of this anime turning into Makoto haunting the school and the people from Ghost Hunt to check out on it.

CaptGloval 2009-06-18 03:59

Just watch the OVAs for "therapy." I especially recommend Magical Heart Kokoro-chan.

qwertyuiopz 2009-06-26 00:26

because it is the best ending ever made

428 2009-07-17 07:58

You know, it'd have made the best sex-ed video ever. Come on, it's good 'shock therapy'!!:heh:

fireshark 2009-07-27 03:55

There are 21 endings, all on some continuum of Sekai <--------> Kotonoha. Only 3 are bad.

DeX-kun 2009-07-27 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireshark (Post 2541229)
There are 21 endings, all on some continuum of Sekai <--------> Kotonoha. Only 3 are bad.

I want to see some of the good Sekai endings :p