AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kanon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kanon - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36890)

xris 2006-10-06 13:57

Kanon - Requests for new threads

Since the Kanon forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Kanon thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Cyz 2006-10-06 14:21

I'd like to make a request for an episode 1 discussion thread pls?

panzerfan 2006-10-06 14:23

Request for a seperate Avatar and signature thread, for a thread that's spoiler friendly... (not just for Q&A)

and a big thank you for your work.

xris 2006-10-06 14:32

Yeah, yeah, yeah, give us time, give us time :)

We will be making the obvious threads ASAP. I'm in the process of moving threads and checking stuff as I go along. We will be creating those threads ASAP but I opened the new forums a little earlier than expected (my mistake) so we are not quite ready yet :heh:

DanielSong39 2006-10-06 15:06

I'd like to make a request for discussing the manga adaptation.

It was quite different from previous adaptations... which may make for some interesting discussions.

Catgirls 2006-10-06 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSong39
I'd like to make a request for discussing the manga adaptation.

It was quite different from previous adaptations... which may make for some interesting discussions.

Sure thing. :) Post below me as if you were writing the first post in the thread (as if you were the one creating it) and I'll use your post as the basis for the new thread. Include your desired thread title as well (example: "Kanon Manga Adptation Discussion". Thanks. :)

panzerfan 2006-10-06 15:39

Nayuki in the manga adoption is rather interesting. She's playing a support role, thus she's around in every character's scenario, save herself... for example, she and Yuiichi both runs into Ayu together in the first encounter.

MakubeX2 2006-10-06 17:15

A game discussion thread for those of us who have played the game before to discuss spoilers, fundamental difference between the game, anime and manga , etc....please.

Matt Soulblade 2006-10-10 12:29

I was just wondering if a Fansub discussion could be made. A lot of Fansubs are subbing Kanon and I think it could be interesing to discuss about the pros and cons of the different releases.
Of course, if the tread just creates a good place to flame groups, it would be better to not have it.

xris 2006-10-10 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade (Post 702534)
Of course, if the tread just creates a good place to flame groups, it would be better to not have it.

This is typically what happens so we prefer not to have such threads.

The Avatar 2006-10-13 10:08

I was going to request a fansub thread but since that's now out of the question, how about a sticky comparing different aspects of each fansub. Like the quality of the translations, video encode, audio, etc.?

I just don't want to download every single release just to compare and I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way.

xris 2006-10-13 11:03

Same answer as above. It's exactly these questions that lead to huge disagreements. Most aspects of good and bad for translation, encode, font selection, etc. are so subjective it doesn't usually help.

If you wish, you can post in the Q&A thread to see if there are any sites which provide some comparisons. That way people will be able to make up their own mind (given that there will be some bias in such a comparison but it's better than nothing).

Catgirls 2006-10-13 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Avatar (Post 705505)
I just don't want to download every single release just to compare and I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way.

What you might want to do is get a few people together and start a Wiki. There are quite a few free Wiki spaces available and perfect for this need.

+ Wiki.com
+ TiddySpot.com
+ PBwiki.com

Maybe a Wiki comparing fan-subs. :)

velocity7 2006-10-14 00:23

How about a thread to compare both the 2002 and 2006 series? Of course the thread would be limited to as far as the 2006 series has aired (e.g., no spoilers beyond what has aired so far in the 2006 series).

nani 2006-10-15 08:51

There had been some speculations about Akiko's jam in the Episode 2 thread already. May I suggest to create a dedicated thread to keep all speculations in one place?

We can also post the various amazing images/speculations found on the Internet.

Catgirls 2006-10-15 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocity7 (Post 706222)
How about a thread to compare both the 2002 and 2006 series? Of course the thread would be limited to as far as the 2006 series has aired (e.g., no spoilers beyond what has aired so far in the 2006 series).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nani (Post 707454)
There had been some speculations about Akiko's jam in the Episode 2 thread already. May I suggest to create a dedicated thread to keep all speculations in one place?

Both of those suggestions sound like good ideas for threads. If you want, post below me as if you were starting the thread and I'll take your post and make the new thread out of it. Include a title suggestion ... something like: “What the heck is in Akiko's jam?!" Or for the other thread, maybe "Comparing Kanon 2002 vs. Kanon 2006". Those are just suggestions/examples.

Let's make sure, though, that the Kanon 2002 v. 2006 thread doesn't include fan-sub comparisons. We don't want to get into that, but it might be interesting to compare animation quality, scenes added or deleted, plot twists, writing, voice acting, etc...

Thanks. Cheers. :)

xris 2006-10-15 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls (Post 707510)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nani (Post 707454)

If you want, post below me as if you were starting the thread and I'll take your post and make the new thread out of it. Include a title suggestion ... something like: “What the heck is in Akiko's jam?!"

I hope, really really hope, that the suggestion from nani was to create a generic Speculation thread and not one specifically for the type of Jam used in ep 2.

In fact, is it Jam (as in strawberry) or is it a jam (as in a tight spot)? I guess I'll find out soon when I start watching the series (don't want to read the discussion thread yet as I don't want to be spoiled). BTW, the question was a rhetorical one ;)

Or do people want a speculative jam discussion thread :twitch: Mmmmm Speculative Jam, the best flavour of them all!

frad113 2006-10-15 17:03

How about an "AIR cameo" thread (if we see more of those)?

Catgirls 2006-10-19 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 707520)
I hope, really really hope, that the suggestion from nani was to create a generic Speculation thread and not one specifically for the type of Jam used in ep 2.

I think it was specific to the jam. :heh: It seems to be quite vile and nobody knows quite what it is. Mystery jam. :heh:

Catgirls 2006-10-19 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by frad113 (Post 707877)
How about an "AIR cameo" thread (if we see more of those)?

Hmmm...maybe those would fit into the Kanon 2002 vs. Kanon 2006 thread. Let's post them there for now. If there are a ton, we'll break out the posts into a new thread. How about that? :)