AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 738 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124652)

marvelB 2014-02-18 03:25

One Piece - Chapter 738 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoilers are out, fellas! Credit goes to Redon and Aohige from AP for the summaries:

-Chapter title is "Trebol Army Special Officer Sugar". The splash page features Franky with mice.

-Leo is waiting for an opportunity to place the fake grape, but Usopp's group get worried when they see Trebol kill a bug with bullet-like force. Nonetheless, Leo is still confident in his speed. But just as soon as he's about to set off, he gets stopped by Robin.

-We then take an even further glimpse in the factory, where we see the 500 enslaved dwarves working in the greenhouse where Smiles are grown. It seems that artificial sunlight is used to help grow the fruits, and a river SAD is flowing from a tank. Unsurprisingly, the enslaved Tontattas are horribly mistreated by their captors, but they still continue to work as the Dofla family members tricked them into believing that their princess is ill, and the Smiles are the only way to cure her......

-Back to Usopp's group, Robin tells Leo that Trebol's superhuman reflexes would guarantee his death. Therefore, she comes up with a different plan: While some dwarves cause a distraction by attacking the docks, Robin (in disguise) leads Trebol away from the executive tower. While the officer is distracted, the dwarves advance upon sugar, though Usopp stays behind. They confront her and demand the release of their comrades, but the girl does not take kindly to the fact that they underestimated her. Then, with incredible speed, she turns all of the dwarves into toys! She then gives them her orders: To eliminate all intruders within the tower!

-Sugar then contacts Trebol to warn him about the trap. After realizing he was deceived, the officer chases down Robin and tackles her, but it was really a clone he attacked! Nonetheless, he recognized her face, and realized that the Straw-Hats are after Sugar. Full of rage, the officer picks up a pirate ship and throws it at the tower, destroying it...!!!

Dunno about anyone else, but this seems like a pretty darn cool chapter to me! Usopp's group are finally taking action (well, everyone but Usopp himself anyway :p), and I found it really cool to learn that the Smiles have to be cultivated have to be cultivated just like regular plants. And hey, looks like Sugar isn't such a weakling after all, is she? ;) I kinda want to see Robin take on Trebol after all, but I feel like I have to keep my fingers crossed considering she barely had any boss fights so far throughout the series. Still, effective use of her clones could certainly be a good method of taking out such a fast, powerful opponent....

marvelB 2014-02-19 00:35

Okay guys, updated with the summary! Discuss away! ;)

Oracle. 2014-02-19 01:42

Looks pretty lackluster this chap.

marvelB 2014-02-19 01:59

^Sorry, but the spotlight can't just be focused on Sabo or Luffy's group! :p

Anyway, looking at the raw, Trebol really is more impressive than he looks (dude basically killed that fly with a sticky version of Shigan, lol). My guess is if Robin DOES take him on, then she has to find a way to counter his stickiness. Like maybe cover him with flour or some other type of powder to dry him out and clutch him afterward, I guess. Otherwise, the only other issue is dealing with his speed. Maybe someone equally fast can distract him while Robin works her magic? Perhaps.... a certain handsome pirate-turned-toy? ;)

aohige 2014-02-19 02:11

I think I forgot to post on the English side that only 1/10 of the fruits cultivated are usable.
They're using Tontattas because they are experts in raising plants, but even with their expertise majority of SMILE are failures.

Diablerie 2014-02-19 02:17

Dayum, Trebol. Looks like he's gonna be more of a threat than people expected, Sugar too. So far the most lackluster Family member seems to be Diamante, the "Colosseum Hero", but I suppose we haven't seen too much of him in action yet.

Have we seen Robin create clones of herself like this before, or is this a new power? It's just nice to have her finally do something after like a year of inactivity.

james0246 2014-02-19 02:22

I hope it is revealed that Usopp is somehow immune to Sugar's powers. I'd love to see a fight similar in nature to the one with Perona back in Thriller Bark. Besides some great one-liners and mini-scenes, Usopp just hasn't had a real chance to shine since he came back, so I'm all for some madcap hijinks and crazy pratfalls.

Breimoon 2014-02-19 03:44

sniper is gonna use his sniper skills to throw the poison right in her mouth.

SilverSyko 2014-02-19 04:05

I wonder who's going to end up fighting Trebol. I would say Sanji but he's out on the Thousand Sunny at the moment. I guess maybe Usopp and Robin will work together to take both him and Sugar out? With both of their wits combined I can see that happening.

~Yami~ 2014-02-19 05:04

NicoRobin is pro at trolling.... great job

the Tontatta shouldn't facing Sugar face-on.... why don't stick to previous plan??? putting that grape at Sugar's bowl?!?!

now the plan has back-fired.... still waiting for Usopp to save the day

Trax 2014-02-19 05:31

It was a good idea to distract Trebol, but at that point I agree they should have gone with the original plan. It might not have worked but it made more sense than facing her headon. I guess they underestimated her.

Can't say I'm surprised that Sugar can handle herself. Combined with her OP ability, it makes her a tough opponent. You have to keep your distance or you're done, which seems like a job best suited to Usopp. I just hope he snaps out of his cowardice soon since it's getting annoying.

Trebol is a beast, and he's even bigger than I thought. I guess Robin could take him out with hit and run tactics? She doesn't have to put herself at risk. Can she even be affected by devil fruit powers through grown clones/limbs? I do remember that she felt the pain when her grown limbs were slashed at in Arabasta.

Breimoon 2014-02-19 06:27

she just has to punch nose and have all that sticky stuff go to his brain xD

shalala 2014-02-19 09:08

My money is on Usopp using his sniper skills on sugar.

Slayerx 2014-02-19 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 5016837)
NicoRobin is pro at trolling.... great job

the Tontatta shouldn't facing Sugar face-on.... why don't stick to previous plan??? putting that grape at Sugar's bowl?!?!

now the plan has back-fired.... still waiting for Usopp to save the day

Yes, i found that to be something VERY off about the chapter... their whole plan was to sneak the tabasco grape into her grape bowl. And now they switched to trying to force feed her. Not only was the first plan better, but force feeding her is rather idiotic since it means touching her and touching her is the LAST thing they want to do... Honestly, if your gonna force feed her, then you might aswell just outright attack her and try to KO her the old fashioned way. Major plot fail.

I'm also still annoyed by Ussops cowardice... its like nothing has changed in the past 2 years, and yet it was implied that he had gotten better since then. He didn't bat an eye when dealing with the fake strawhats or the fishmen, but now he's jumping at every little thing. Its like Oda can't seem to break away from his old habits for how he's been writing the characters for years... For years he wrote Ussop as the cowardly liar, and he can't seem to break that mold.

Kanon 2014-02-19 10:22

I really hope Ussop will do something soon. He's been utterly pathetic in this arc. What happened to the Ussop who pwned fishmen left and right? He's scared of fodders and little girls (not just any little girls, but STILL) now...

ZGoten 2014-02-19 10:22

Lol, Trebol might have just knocked out Sugar himself in the last panel. I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get an update on the Pica situation, but it was still a good chapter. Hakuba/Cavendish will probably join the fight down at the port later on.

GreyZone 2014-02-19 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 5017067)
Lol, Trebol might have just knocked out Sugar himself in the last panel.[...]

Maybe that was... Robin's plan all along?

*Just as Planned*

Altes 2014-02-19 13:43

Good idea to get Trebol away from Sugar, there's no way they can win this if those two fight together. But damn, Sugar must be even tougher than what we've seen if Trebol threw a ship at the tower so carelessly. He must be certain she can survive this.

I think Robin's DF offers a good defense against Trebol's goo, if she actively covers herself with multiple hands and arms. Now I think Trebol isn't a Logia, cause I doubt Robin has Haki. It's time for her to go bad and fight for real, using her DF like she never has before.

As for Usopp, if he decides to shoot the spicy berry in her mouth, it'll be reminiscent of the Oars fight from Thriller Bark.

Don'tOpen.DeadInside 2014-02-19 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5017056)
Yes, i found that to be something VERY off about the chapter... their whole plan was to sneak the tabasco grape into her grape bowl. And now they switched to trying to force feed her. Not only was the first plan better, but force feeding her is rather idiotic since it means touching her and touching her is the LAST thing they want to do... Honestly, if your gonna force feed her, then you might aswell just outright attack her and try to KO her the old fashioned way. Major plot fail.

I'm also still annoyed by Ussops cowardice... its like nothing has changed in the past 2 years, and yet it was implied that he had gotten better since then. He didn't bat an eye when dealing with the fake strawhats or the fishmen, but now he's jumping at every little thing. Its like Oda can't seem to break away from his old habits for how he's been writing the characters for years... For years he wrote Ussop as the cowardly liar, and he can't seem to break that mold.

If you remember, his goal was to not be a coward anymore and become a great pirate (like his dad) and with as much ground as he gained surviving on the Boin islands for 2 years, he still has a long way to go. What would the story be if he already met his goal?

Rainbowman 2014-02-19 14:40

Leave it to Sugar to make things harder for our heroes. And we still don't know the class of the Beta Beta no Mi.