AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Medaka Box [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82046)

Arturro 2009-09-29 09:33

Page 8, Medaka says to Zenkichi:
Sorry for getting you involved in my way of doing things. You can return the arm band later."

Arm band are their symbol of position within studens council. Did she just told aother SC members to quit?

Sakuyakun 2009-09-29 09:51

When everything fails and ratings is at near death, turn it into a battle manga. lol and that's from Bakuman :P

Kurosu 2009-09-29 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLGChaos (Post 2672352)
The second prediction I wrote had Medaka surviving without a scratch and the others getting hurt, sending her into a rage, which was spot on.

Without a scratch? Medaka is getting pretty beat up herself >.>

K3cT 2009-09-29 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol Falling (Post 2667745)
Heh, do you guys even actually read it though? Seems like every week you guys show up when there're only raws or even just spoilers out and try your hardest to draw the worst conclusions without understanding a speck of it.

It's like watching a trainwreck: you know it's disastrous but your eyes are fixed upon the burning inferno, unable to turn away from the impending doom.

Same thing that happened with Code Geass R2 but at least that one was funny to laugh at.

KLGChaos 2009-09-29 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosu (Post 2672521)
Without a scratch? Medaka is getting pretty beat up herself >.>

I was talking about the explosion. Her outfit was destroyed, but she was perfectly fine. I didn't see the wire thing coming. :P

Still, I can't figure out how they can cut through his skin with ease, but doesn't cut through the muscle. Seems a bit inconsistent. Maybe she's a cyborg with human skin.

@Arturro: I took it to mean that. However, she didn't demand it. She just said that "can" turn them in later. Chances are, Zen will stop her and they'll all forgive her and completely forget about the damage she caused to the school... even though people would probably see BOTH her and Unzen as monsters... if the other students in the school weren't complete morons anyway.

Kurosu 2009-09-29 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLGChaos (Post 2672558)
Still, I can't figure out how they can cut through his skin with ease, but doesn't cut through the muscle. Seems a bit inconsistent. Maybe she's a cyborg with human skin.

Not really, that's more of manga logic, because Gintoki from Gintama did the very same thing. It's just a ploy to make things seem more dramatic, you shouldn't take everything that happens in Medaka Box at face value, let alone try and put it up against standard laws of physics. After all, Anime/Manga logic =/= Human logic.

LeaD36 2009-09-29 12:46

she just went SSJ3 in a single chapter LMFAO, Medaka-chan is awesome, i dont care if the manga gets cut, just implant the art and medaka into some other JUMP manga pretty please

Tyabann 2009-09-29 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT (Post 2672534)
Same thing that happened with Code Geass R2 but at least that one was funny to laugh at.

R2 actually had some really good episodes and a great ending though.

...Medaka has nothing other than the oneshot. Sad, isn't it?

Arturro 2009-09-29 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLGChaos (Post 2672558)
@Arturro: I took it to mean that. However, she didn't demand it. She just said that "can" turn them in later...

I've a feeling that something is lost in translation. It's so unlike Medaka to allow her kennel to act independly :) IMHO she ordered them do return their arm bands, just she doesn't really care when they will do it. So the can choose time for returning arm bands.

A few posters are wondering why Medaka Box is popular among those people who, like me, complains about MB "plot". I don't know reasons of other people, but I like Medaka Box. Just as I like films like Braindead, Evil Dead, Return of Surfing Nazis and so on. In other words I like D class films, mangas, books etc. It's entertaining to watch/read something as crappy and grotesque as Medaka Box. Discussing with friends and other forum members about why it's so crappy is even more entertaining. :)

surerman 2009-09-29 14:09

I wonder why this thread and even more the manga still up till this day?, if only the scanlator drop this series and Otaku's didn't buy the tankobon, this manga will canceled immediately:confused:

If Medaka truly exist in our world, not even the Rock or Hulk Hogan dare to propose a marriage to her:heh:

Jourdal 2009-09-29 17:04

Best line of the manga was Zen being happy that Medaka can get angry like the rest of us...love is truly blind

Kurosu 2009-09-29 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arturro (Post 2672925)
I've a feeling that something is lost in translation. It's so unlike Medaka to allow her kennel to act independly :) IMHO she ordered them do return their arm bands, just she doesn't really care when they will do it. So the can choose time for returning arm bands.

Nothing was lost in translation, she did specify that they can give up the armbands. At that moment, Medaka was feeling guilty for dragging them into her business, so she felt that she had to do it all herself so she can keep her own "demonic" traits to herself and not have them be affected. However, she probably still felt that they should have the right to choose.

Nvis 2009-09-29 17:34

I'm loving this manga!

Medaka is awesome! :love:

AdventSleeper 2009-09-29 20:25

Pulling an entire building...

I'd hire her instead of oxen to pull stuff:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuyakun (Post 2672460)
When everything fails and ratings is at near death, turn it into a battle manga. lol and that's from Bakuman :P

Maybe that's where the author got his idea from?

aahhsin 2009-09-30 02:10

The more I read this thread, the more I believe that if Medaka was male, most critics will be loving this. However, since she's a female, she needs to have faults (or become a Mary Sue) and you guys hate it.

FateAnomaly 2009-09-30 03:35

I am fine with Medaka the way she is. So far i am ok with her somewhat optimistic? weird? way of thinking. She is at heart a nice person so i am on her side.

She is overpowered for her current enemies but Unzen said there are people who are a match for her. But if it becomes a battle manga, then she will still be the only person capable of fighting at that level unless the rest got some super power ups. I hope it doesn't go down this route.

However, Medeka-verse apparently isn't a mundane world. Unzen isn't worried about commiting murder when he use the explosives and there are super humans around. So i guess by now anything can happen.

Darknemo2000 2009-09-30 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin (Post 2674067)
The more I read this thread, the more I believe that if Medaka was male, most critics will be loving this. However, since she's a female, she needs to have faults (or become a Mary Sue) and you guys hate it.

Supermales in manga's have more various emotions than just super rage you know. Also the lack of explanation why she can do the stuff she does. I mean we know why Narto can do stuff or Luffy even if those are crazy, but make sense in that universe. In Medaka her powers do not make any sense at all. Geniuses can't do all that stuff. Akune is a genius too but he can't do it, so why Medaka can?

I think if it would be revealed that Medaka is a cyborg she would be liked bit more, because then at least you could find some (no matter how retarded it may sound) sense in it. But so far it is just a complete nonsense non-stop.

Shiroth 2009-09-30 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 (Post 2674263)
Supermales in manga's have more various emotions than just super rage you know. Also the lack of explanation why she can do the stuff she does. I mean we know why Narto can do stuff or Luffy even if those are crazy, but make sense in that universe. In Medaka her powers do not make any sense at all. Geniuses can't do all that stuff. Akune is a genius too but he can't do it, so why Medaka can?

Personally i don't see why it matters much. Can't people just enjoy the ride without having to ask questions every second?

Darknemo2000 2009-09-30 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2674272)
Personally i don't see why it matters much. Can't people just enjoy the ride without having to ask questions every second?

Some cannot.

Shiroth 2009-09-30 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 (Post 2674280)
Some cannot.

& just because they can't doesn't mean they can post so much hate in this thread. I've got nothing against people sharing their opinion because i like to hear what people have to say, though it's getting a bit old with the amount of people who hate on this title, and not give a reason behind it.