AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Hanasakeru Seishounen (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80187)

musouka 2009-04-06 12:27

Hanasakeru Seishounen

Seeing as how there appears to be no thread for this series yet, I thought I might as well make one so it doesn't slip between the cracks completely.

Hanasakeru Seishounen is by Itsuki Natsumi, probably best known in Japan for Yakumo Tatsu, but best known here for Juu-ou-sei. Her works tend to be interesting and complex, so for those of you that are expecting a typical "reverse harem" scenario, think again. (Most reverse harem series don't start off with a subplot in 1939 New York)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synopsis from Baka-Updates
A very powerful industrialist directs his daughter to pick a husband from three candidates he has chosen for her. They are to come into her life, and their uniqueness would cause her to recognize them immediately. All three of the candidates are outstanding. Well, it’s actually four...
The story evolves along the lines of a power political mystery involving a small middle eastern country.

Directing is by Kon Chiaki (of Higurashi and Junjou Romantica fame), which is a definite plus for me. I liked her style in Higurashi, but Junjou was what really made her stand out to me, even though I ended up eventually dropping the series.

Also of interest--even to a person like me, who can barely remember seiyuu names--is the cast list:

Endo Aya is playing the lead, who has the headache-inducing name of Kajika Louisa Kugami Burnsworth.
Namikawa Daisuke is Rumati, and then Ono Daisuke as Eugene, Fukuyama Jun as Carl, and Morikawa Toshiyuki as Fan Li Ren.

LKK 2009-04-06 12:29

I certainly hope a sub group picks this up. It's been on my radar for some time now. Glad to see there's finally a thread for this. Hopefully it'll get more buzz as a result.

musouka 2009-04-06 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 2324205)
I certainly hope a sub group picks this up. It's been on my radar for some time now. Glad to see there's finally a thread for this. Hopefully it'll get more buzz as a result.

I believe there was a group listed on the "who's subbing what" list, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Shoujo actually tends to do okay on their board as compared to others, so I was a little surprised to see no one had bothered to make a thread...

BluWacky 2009-04-06 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by musouka (Post 2324218)
I believe there was a group listed on the "who's subbing what" list, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Shoujo actually tends to do okay on their board as compared to others, so I was a little surprised to see no one had bothered to make a thread...

I was sat at work today (having managed to watch the first 15 minutes of the show before leaving) thinking about this - I mean, NeoSam posts threads for EVERYTHING, why didn't we get one for this show?

Anyway. I thought the first episode was great, although I fully acknowledge that I've been hyped up for this show for months (I loved most of Jyu-Oh-Sei and what little I've read of Demon Sacred) and deliberately champion underdog shows for some unknown reason. Kajika's a great central character, and I'm looking forward to discovering the substance behind the harem-like premise.

golthin 2009-04-06 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by musouka (Post 2324198)
Seeing as how there appears to be no thread for this series yet, I thought I might as well make one so it doesn't slip between the cracks completely.

Hanasakeru Seishounen is by Itsuki Natsumi, probably best known in Japan for Yakumo Tatsu, but best known here for Juu-ou-sei. Her works tend to be interesting and complex, so for those of you that are expecting a typical "reverse harem" scenario, think again. (Most reverse harem series don't start off with a subplot in 1939 New York)

Directing is by Kon Chiaki (of Higurashi and Junjou Romantica fame), which is a definite plus for me. I liked her style in Higurashi, but Junjou was what really made her stand out to me, even though I ended up eventually dropping the series.

Also of interest--even to a person like me, who can barely remember seiyuu names--is the cast list:

Endo Aya is playing the lead, who has the headache-inducing name of Kajika Louisa Kugami Burnsworth.
Namikawa Daisuke is Rumati, and then Ono Daisuke as Eugene, Fukuyama Jun as Carl, and Morikawa Toshiyuki as Fan Li Ren.

wow, talk about a reversed harem anime. this is the type of Plot that i have been waiting for a long time. It is obvious that she has some feelings for the Lee-ren which she projected to the pet.
It is obvious that Lee-ren is not happy about the game thing. It will be interesting to see who she chooses. also, this is going to be 39 episodes long(the pain)

monir 2009-04-06 23:17

Perhaps NeoSam is too manly to have such thoughts such as the ones that girls can have harem too? Don't kill me.

The reason I don't follow reverse harem because there isn't enough fan-service. I know for a harem series that I can always look forward to a mandatory beach-episode. Why can't reverse harem have one in a regular basis? Surely the idea the dudes donning on their trunks and a healthy application of sunscreen to look pica-pica (shiny) isn't too far out of the generic equation of fanservice. The camera can also focus on the flexing muscle, some pecs' action... and a crotch-shot for the finishing touch. Not too shavvy.

I'll check out the first episode since LKK-sensei is showing interest in it.

golthin 2009-04-07 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2325272)
Perhaps NeoSam is too manly to have such thoughts such as the ones that girls can have harem too? Don't kill me.

The reason I don't follow reverse harem because there isn't enough fan-service. I know for a harem series that I can always look forward to a mandatory beach-episode. Why can't reverse harem have one in a regular basis? Surely the idea the dudes donning on their trunks and a healthy application of sunscreen to look pica-pica (shiny) isn't too far out of the generic equation of fanservice. The camera can also focus on the flexing muscle, some pecs' action... and a crotch-shot for the finishing touch. Not too shavvy.

yeah, there is very few reverse anime around. you have to consider that the source material is 15 year old.they didn't use the character design for the girl looking at some images for the manga. I searched around and couldn't find much information about the show or its ending. It is official though...

Anyone that have read the last volume of the manga and can spoil who she chooses in the manga?

monir 2009-04-07 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2325337)
Anyone that have read the last volume of the manga and can spoil who she chooses in the manga?

I removed the manga spoiler, Golthin. You can always start a manga thread for this title in the Manga section and discuss the particulars there. Let's try our best to keep the anime-only viewers as spoiler-free as possible. :)

rio 2009-04-07 01:46

Thank you Thank you Thank you :kisskiss:
Thank you for making Hanasakeru Seishounen thread ^^

I really considered to make Hanasakeru Seishounen thread, but hesitated a bit since i haven't made any threads and don't know what i write in that first post; but when i decided to try to make the thread, i found you made it ^-^ So i am really glad !!:blush:

I am really big fan of Hanasakeru Seishounen, so i am very happy that the series became Anime. ^-^

Irkalla 2009-04-07 02:11

Watched the raw and it's :love: My inner fangirl just can't resist a reverse harem, even less if it has such a big seiyu galore. Also somebody NEEDS to spoil me with manga spoilers.

golthin 2009-04-07 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2325367)
I removed the manga spoiler, Golthin. You can always start a manga thread for this title in the Manga section and discuss the particulars there. Let's try our best to keep the anime-only viewers as spoiler-free as possible. :)

actually the spoiler i put there is also in the first post , i got my info from another board and didn't notice that it was already quoted here. I didn't notice that when i went to do search for the manga. :) . of course you have to read between the lines to get to that conclusion.

Spoiler for misunderstanding from first episode and summaries:

don't forget to watch the preview for next episode and watch Li Ren closely.

LKK 2009-04-07 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2325248)
also, this is going to be 39 episodes long(the pain)

Is it really going to be 39 episodes long?? Where did you hear that?

Quote:

If what I heard is correct, this series is mostly set in the Middle East. Warm climate, plenty of opportunities for some fanservice. Although, I don't know yet if this is the type of series that will go in for that sort of thing.
Spoiler for ep 1:

Quote:

:twitch: I don't know what to say to that. .... I'm flattered though.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that this is based on a finished manga. I don't know how it ends and I don't want to know. But knowing that it does end leads me to hope that the series might come to a conclusion which is somewhat rare nowadays. I'm a little tired of series that don't reach a conclusion. A problem that frequently occurs with series based on in-progress manga or novel series.

golthin 2009-04-07 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 2325929)
One thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that this is based on a finished manga. I don't know how it ends and I don't want to know. But knowing that it does end leads me to hope that the series might come to a conclusion which is somewhat rare nowadays. I'm a little tired of series that don't reach a conclusion. A problem that frequently occurs with series based on in-progress manga or novel series.

you probably don't have to worry about finding how it ends. I searched and searched and couldn't find a summary for the manga. The manga first 5 chapters were translated and there is a raw for volume 2. the manga is out of print or not listed in all the places I searched.
hopefully with the anime they do a reprint of the manga.

LKK 2009-04-07 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2325994)
you probably don't have to worry about finding how it ends. I searched and searched and couldn't find a summary for the manga.

A LiveJournal friend offered to spoil me for the ending before the first episode even aired. I told her thanks, but no thanks. :D There is an LJ community for Hanasakeru Seishounen. If you're an LJ member, you can join the comm and ask for spoilers there. The comm's founder knows how the series ends and would love to have new members join.

golthin 2009-04-07 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 2326017)
A LiveJournal friend offered to spoil me for the ending before the first episode even aired. I told her thanks, but no thanks. :D There is an LJ community for Hanasakeru Seishounen. If you're an LJ member, you can join the comm and ask for spoilers there. The comm's founder knows how the series ends and would love to have new members join.

thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?
By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.

LKK 2009-04-07 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2326030)
thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?

LiveJournal main page

Hanasakeru Seishounen LJ community info page

Quote:

By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.
I'm surprised that the producers would have made an upfront committment for a such long series. I'm doubly surprised since the show has next-to-no buzz here in the West.

golthin 2009-04-07 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 2326056)
LiveJournal main page

Hanasakeru Seishounen LJ community info page

I'm surprised that the producers would have made an upfront committment for a such long series. I'm doubly surprised since the show has next-to-no buzz here in the West.

well, Saiunkoku Monogatari even with the license is also a sleeper here in west. it seems shoujo always get at least 2 or 3 cours in my experience.

Foreshadow 2009-04-07 14:11

I'm Looking forward to this, just saw the first episode and is very promising
I REALLY hope a group picks this up

Kaoru Chujo 2009-04-07 21:50

I just saw ep1, and if it fulfills the promise I saw, 39 eps isn't too long. I found the story interesting and the characters individual. Endou Aya's Kajika is a very attractive character. We'll see what they can do with the premise.

golthin 2009-04-07 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2327388)
I just saw ep1, and if it fulfills the promise I saw, 39 eps isn't too long. I found the story interesting and the characters individual. Endou Aya's Kajika is a very attractive character. We'll see what they can do with the premise.

It will be fun to see the Shipping wars in this gem. I will restrain myself from spoiling anyone about the ending. I wanted to watch the anime, but I didn't want to invest my heart on a pairing. 39 episodes is a long way to go and I didn't think I could survive it. I am just going to enjoy the show at its fullest without worrying about the romantic side of things. I want to thank LKK for pointing me the way to a place where I was able to find the information I was looking for.

physics223 2009-04-08 04:07

39 episodes ...

That's a decent number of episodes ...

Rika-chama 2009-04-08 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2326030)

Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25

BluWacky 2009-04-08 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rika-chama (Post 2328927)
Please provide a link at animenation.

Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.

golthin 2009-04-08 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rika-chama (Post 2328927)
Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25

ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime. I can't find the link to the article in english because interestingly when I do a search for the show it now gives a lot of more results than before and it is a pain to go one by one. Here is the comment of the Seiyuu about how many episodes the series is going to be in Japanese.

"森川さん:僕もこの作品はオーディションの時に、初めて知ったんです。それで、立人に決まった時に、原作 を読みたいなって思ったんですが、なかなか本屋でみつからない。それで同年代の知り合いの女性に“『花咲け る青少年』で役が決まったよ”って言ったら、狂喜乱舞しまして“全巻貸してやる!”って言われたんです(笑 )。あっこれはすごいな、僕も気合い入れて、いい汗かいて演じようと思いましたね。放送は全39話ということなので、皆さんも是非、花鹿を見守って頂いて、一緒になって夫選びや作品を楽しんで頂ければ嬉しいです "

the sentence in bold say, "the total broadcast will be 39 episodes"

Here is the link for the whole thing.

http://www.animate.tv/news/detail.ph...id=&rid=&type=

Rika-chama 2009-04-08 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluWacky (Post 2328941)
Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.

Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.

golthin 2009-04-09 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rika-chama (Post 2329890)
Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.

well, if he took the project he/she must like Shoujo anime. The translator has his work cut out for him because this show is going to have a lot of narration.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-04-09 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2328957)
ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime....

ANN being basically a somewhat edited wiki, that happens. When I'm researching shows for my preview blog post, finding out how many episodes there will be is one of the hardest things: MoonPhase, official sites, 2channel, anime TV listings, pre-season articles on sites like animate, etc. You almost never can get the episode count from the official site, unfortunately.

This season, ANN seemed to have a lot of episode totals, so I was especially leery. But I guess if they have x number of episode titles, there are probably at least that number of episodes. It all depends on the accuracy of the info people send in. You're supposed to include a source, but sometimes maybe the source is inaccurate.

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.

golthin 2009-04-09 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2329932)

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.

don't get me wrong, I also think ANN is a good source. I am just saying that when it comes to the number of episodes I don't trust them because they have been wrong many times. They are great to find out the cast and the romanize names of characters

Slice of Life 2009-04-09 07:09

I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.

golthin 2009-04-09 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life (Post 2330349)
I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.

I give you that... I have always noticed that. That is why people should not go by what ANN say UNTIL the show is over. ANN is the best place for finding info on shows that are completed. I guess I should have said that

Celestial Kitsune 2009-04-09 16:13

Episode 1 Screenshots

Manga excerpts (prologue)

Molenir 2009-04-09 17:32

Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.

rio 2009-04-09 20:07

Itsuki Natsumi's blog

In the author Itsuki Natsumi's blog,
She said

アニメも順調に進んでるみたいですね。
この間8話までの脚本見せてもらいました。
さすがに39話もあるとジェットコースターアニメには
ならないですねー。
楽しみです

It looks they have made the anime well .
I have been shown the scripts of 8 episodes so far.
Since this series has 39 episodes, it can't be a coaster anime(anime that the story proceeds very fast) .
I am really looking forward.

:)

Sorrow-K 2009-04-09 20:20

While I won't disagree that the premise is ridiculously contrived, and can be construed as chauvinistic, I didn't mind it that much There have been some really obnoxious shoujo anime floating around more recently, which is strange because historically it's just about the least obnoxious genre in anime. I think this one teeters on the edge, and I can see why people would be turned off by it, but I think Kon brings enough self-control to it to keep it from going overboard.

Ep 1

Bland art and animation, but that's not really a priority for a series like this. I actually really like the lead character, sure she's blessed with looks and money (anime characters with money sometimes tend to be rather repulsive), but she's also amiable, strong-minded and a has a strong sense of righteousness. I think I would have liked to have seen her in Japan for longer, but, oh well. Anyway, looks like we're in for a good old-fashioned reverse harem, and seeing as I'm not continuously rolling my eyes at the worst of the reverse harem tropes (as I generally am with normal harem anime), the early signs are good. I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Nochgo 2009-04-09 21:44

Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.

ani_d 2009-04-09 22:35

I LOVE the OP theme. Loved the first episode. Loved Endo Aya's voice. I just think that the animation on some parts were a bit deformed. But other than that, I think the story's set-up is interesting.:) And wow 39 episodes.

rio 2009-04-09 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nochgo (Post 2331600)
Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.

The anime will never disappoint you i think :) The more interestes you will get .

golthin 2009-04-09 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molenir (Post 2331317)
Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.

I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.

ani_d 2009-04-10 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by golthin (Post 2331776)
I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.

Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore.:heh: I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.

golthin 2009-04-10 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_d (Post 2331815)
Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore.:heh: I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.

don't worry, i won't reveal the final pairing in spoilers. I had to work VERY hard to find it myself. Of course, if anyone is like me and don't want to wait, just send me a PM and will tell you there. People wouldn't tell me straight who was the chosen one, going through 12 volumes to find out was a pain.