AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 [END] Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64311)

Pellissier 2008-03-27 08:29

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 [END] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 24 [END].

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kristen 2008-03-27 08:36

Ah, yay! It's here!

My predictions are that Shana will die in a noble way, like slicing off the head of Bel Peol while being stabbed or something, Yuji will recover the Reiju Maigo and kill Hecate, and Margery will kill both the Silver and Metamorphoses. Then Yuji will confess his love to Yoshida Kazumi, and we all have a happy end!

:p

Basically, I'm expecting some sort of resolution in this episode. I don't know what it is going to be, but I don't think they're going to try for a 3rd season.

DX HBK 2008-03-27 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1489588)
Ah, yay! It's here!

My predictions are that Shana will die in a noble way, like slicing off the head of Bel Peol while being stabbed or something, Yuji will recover the Reiju Maigo and kill Hecate, and Margery will kill both the Silver and Metamorphoses. Then Yuji will confess his love to Yoshida Kazumi, and we all have a happy end!

:p

Basically, I'm expecting some sort of resolution in this episode. I don't know what it is going to be, but I don't think they're going to try for a 3rd season.

Then who the heck gets to kill Dantalion and Fecor?

The ending is probably going to be more like the ending done for Halo 2.

Deathscyther 2008-03-27 09:26

If they're going to end it, we'll probably get a confession. The chance of someone dying would be very high then as well. This could turn out to be one of the best episodes of the season or as complete junk. I'm hoping for the first one of course.

And while some part of me says that it's better to end the series here, another part says that there will be a season 3. They can't destroy the whole balle masque in one episode and I can't see the series ending without the balle masque being destroyed or something like that.

Dragon-Emperor 2008-03-27 10:40

Imo no one will die, but a confession will come RIGHT at the end where something will go horrible wrong/unexpected - and then the credits will start and it will zoom in on everyones shocked face - and then we will wait 6 months or more to see what's going to happen!

Sure the season will end, but there is WAY too much going on to 'end' the entire series. We'll see in a few hours.

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-27 12:58

Ther's no wayJ .C staff gonna end the story here, there too much of the actuall story left uncovered, and J.C isn't stupid enough to make an anime only series ending, for SnS, especially since SnS is probably the biggest money maker J.C has.

I'm expecting a huge fight, and something else, but ifthat something doesn't happen then i'm expecting another Shana confession which is unheard by Yuji again, then in Episode 1 of season 3 we'll find out Yuji didn't hear it.

CapoExecutor 2008-03-27 13:15

J.C. Staff has still yet to make an OVA as well as additional Shana-tan specials.

Arnaiyus 2008-03-27 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX HBK (Post 1489639)
The ending is probably going to be more like the ending done for Halo 2.

I lol'ed at that. I personally think that a confession will occur, but what remains a big mystery for me is what they intend to do with Kazumi...the way she looked at the hougu in the preview was different than the thousand times she did in the previous episodes and left me wondering if we'll see Pheles again. It won't be long now!

karinvampire 2008-03-27 13:34

what times does it air?

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-27 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinvampire (Post 1490103)
what times does it air?

I think the better question is why you voted 9/10 even though you haven't seen the episode...

Arnaiyus 2008-03-27 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinvampire (Post 1490103)
what times does it air?

"Soon". Notice how I tied Blizzard to this joke lol

karinvampire 2008-03-27 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer (Post 1490118)
I think the better question is why you voted 9/10 even though you haven't seen the episode...

because i'm never dissponited with the episodes so I have no doubt that this will be good too.

Kinny Riddle 2008-03-27 14:25

Finally saw it.

Spoiler for Tagged just to be safe:

In a nutshell, a rushed ending. Though I'm not complaining about the Hecate bits, if it's development, even though it's all original, she's got the most interesting ones.

The whole series: Could certainly do better. JC Staff might as well concentrate on making a Shana movie or OVA series instead, seeing as how the movie was infinitely superior.

And now fans go back, and hope in a few years time that there'll be a season 3.

Crisano 2008-03-27 14:27

10. This episode deserves a 10.

Spoiler for Episode 24 thoughts:

ForgedGlory 2008-03-27 14:33

If Yoshida cried, then its automatically EPIC WIN! lol XP

D a m i e n 2008-03-27 14:46

Spoiler:

DX HBK 2008-03-27 14:48

Second time that the Balle Masque underestimated the unexpected factor named Sakai Yuji. But I guess the whole Konoe arc wasn't completely useless in the end. Second time that Hecate displays emotion.

Another year and a half before the third season emerges. Can't there be some anime original enemies in the third season because the Balle Masque is just FUCKIN' BORING! Balle Masque doing this... Balle Masque planning that...

Throw in some third party elements and make this Maelstrom of Warfare that is in Misaki City turn into a free-for-all where everyone can try killing each other 24/7! (fuel to rant now at zero).

goombas 2008-03-27 14:52

the first season was good and this season was full of random slice of life stuff. i wonder what awaits us next season, a harem atmosphere like ZnT 2nd Season? xDDDD

Triple_R 2008-03-27 15:01

Spoiler for Shana II Episode 24:

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-27 15:03

Spoiler:

Sidestep 2008-03-27 15:12

Spoiler:

Kristen 2008-03-27 15:16

Spoiler for Episode 24:

Dragon-Emperor 2008-03-27 15:22

Okay I haven't read anything else in the thread since my last post. I opened the thread to view the poll results, SMILED and then scrolled to the bottom to reply.
This could be WAY off, but considering ChrissieXD rated it a 1, things look good for my favorite flame haze in the ways of love! 60% done downloading. This will be a long 25 minutes to wait!

piku 2008-03-27 15:36

very satisfactory on the script. it give a good answer on why konoe fumina is that essential for SnS2. also interesting setting on that 'GOU NO RITSUZOU'. the ending is not that bad at all.

the BGM, drawing style, battle scenes and the special ED is just matched very well and overall in high performance.

Spoiler for episode 24 and original novel:
poor ike, sato good job, thanks for the service scene(?) of wilhelmina. also for the tears of hekate and kazumi.

although there are no news on 3rd season/OVA/movies, i think there will be no difficulties for jointing to SnS3 or original novel's story with this ending. just looking forward and wait patiently for SnS3 or something like that...

overall SnS2 is better in the last half, including stories and battle sences. surely the anime original story is interesting enough, but it will be better as OVAs or drama CD but not to spend time and then squeeze the novels contents in few episode. put more effort on some parts of the stories from original novel is more important as it may affect how the audience understand the further story. generally all character is fantastic, although we can see ogata is the queen in SnS2...

minhtam1638 2008-03-27 15:43

Just hearing the spoilers, and I don't like it. I'm sure I will like the battle, but contrary to my wishes, they are leaving enough room for a season 3. The implied ending seems to be forced, and while I'm happy to see Shana "win", quote unquote, the way it was done just throws me off.

I'm not happy with this at all. Now we're going to have to wait about three years to see how un-canonical Season 3 will be. And as far as I'm concerned, J.C. Staff is now relying on Takahashi to lead them to money, which will not be guaranteed.

Malintex_Terek 2008-03-27 15:58

Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly paced, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I forecasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

There's really not much to say here except that the anime is little more than promotion for the novels, which aren't accessible to most of us. Waiting years and years for more Shana when we waited two for this ostensibly horrible season just doesn't make it worth it.

Even as far as the "GAR" is concerned, I find Yuuji's ultimate incarnation to be awesome but still, it's not worth the wait. Nor was it worth the wait in R+V, or in GL - wading through the emo, the harem, the mindless fanservice for even a speck of GAR really says something about how desperate some of us are for good anime.

And Shana II is not a good anime.

/fin

CapoExecutor 2008-03-27 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 1490388)
Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly pace, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I foretasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

There's really not much to say here except that the anime is little more than promotion for the novels, which aren't accessible to most of us. Waiting years and years for more Shana when we waited two for this ostensibly horrible season just doesn't make it worth it.

Even as far as the "GAR" is concerned, I find Yuuji's ultimate incarnation to be awesome but still, it's not worth the wait. Nor was it worth the wait in R+V, or in GL - wading through the emo, the harem, the mindless fanservice for even a speck of GAR really says something about how desperate some of us are for good anime.

/fin

J.C. Staff could redo the second season again and pretended that Shana II never happened.

Samanosuke 2008-03-27 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapoExecutor (Post 1490411)
J.C. Staff could redo the second season again and pretended that Shana II never happened.

I like that Idea.
But it will never happen ;_;

gekko 2008-03-27 16:27

I think if you haven't read the novels, i would say this season is just fine

btw can a novel reader pm me if the triangle is still on in the novel of that some development happend, i hate that love relations get dragged (i prefer some content after the choice has been made (love hina,I's) instead of ending it al together with the pairing

metronome 2008-03-27 16:27

zetsubo da......

Spoiler:

teelotes 2008-03-27 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1490300)
Spoiler for Episode 24:

That particular scene must have been hard for you.

Spoiler for Kasumi:

teelotes 2008-03-27 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samanosuke (Post 1490414)
I like that Idea.
But it will never happen ;_;

They could come up with a movie version though. Gekijouban SnS had improvements in the animation and also added more details in the plot.

deffusse 2008-03-27 16:34

what is it all about?

That episode was actualy a piece of shit, sorry for s-word, but there's no way to call it any other way..
Spoiler for 24:

FiREwing 2008-03-27 16:38

I'm actually relatively satisfied with this season. If I pretend that the first couple episodes did not happen.

Dragon-Emperor 2008-03-27 16:39

I liked the episode a lot. However, with the amount of things people wanted to see happen from the novels by the time Sabracs time on stage was done, and the amount that was given to them, I can see how some people will be unhappy. In the end however, this is the anime and not the books and expecting them to connect with each other to such an uncreative extent is ridiculous. (I hope we don't need to go into the 'margeting' rants again)
This season started off a little slow, and then became painful for a small while (to some), while to others the break from climactic battles and book-related timeline wasn't bad at all.
Spoiler for Hecate:

Spoiler for Ending:

Fantastic episode, good series. SnS2 was not as good as 1 in my personal opinion, but it DEFINATELY was not a 'bad' season. The episode scores will speak for themselves in this community. Of course there is bound to be a few people saying they hated it... but hey, those are the same people who said they would "Drop this anime right now" 5 episodes ago lol. :heh:

minhtam1638 2008-03-27 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 1490388)
Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly pace, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I foretasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

/fin

As much as I agree that episode 24 was indeed yet another rush job, you have a history of taking things to the extreme. I'd like to rebut, but I simply don't have the time for you.

Devard 2008-03-27 16:57

10/10, I really liked this episode. The art was very well done and the pacing was good.

I shall also officially eat my words since I was one of the proponents last year that believed that the anime would end with the novels, I guess not. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazinCeladon (Post 1490213)
Spoiler for Episode 24 thoughts:

The CD is already out, it is named sense and is on Mami Kawada's SAVIA album.

Malintex_Terek 2008-03-27 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1490492)
As much as I agree that episode 24 was indeed yet another rush job, you have a history of taking things to the extreme.

I'm being pretty reasonable here, especially since there was one series in the past year that delivered quite well - Seto no Hanayome. From GONZO no less. SnH gave me hope that future harem shows could amount to something more than indecision and panty shots, much like how Baccano! showed that anime doesn't need big name c.v.'s, fancy promotion or fanservice to make a fudge win, kick-arse series.

But for every SnH and Baccano! there's fish flops like Shana II; overpromoted, overhyped, over the top, under funded and rushed.

lua thien 2008-03-27 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX HBK (Post 1490247)
Second time that the Balle Masque underestimated the unexpected factor named Sakai Yuji. But I guess the whole Konoe arc wasn't completely useless in the end. Second time that Hecate displays emotion.

Another year and a half before the third season emerges. Can't there be some anime original enemies in the third season because the Balle Masque is just FUCKIN' BORING! Balle Masque doing this... Balle Masque planning that...

Throw in some third party elements and make this Maelstrom of Warfare that is in Misaki City turn into a free-for-all where everyone can try killing each other 24/7! (fuel to rant now at zero).

@DX HBK.

Despite the fact that you started a pointless rant back in the Episode 15 thread of this series, I suddenly feel like I should lobby your expertise in providing the J.C. Staff some much better combat "choreography" for the third season of Shakugan no Shana.

Don't ask me why.

Crisano 2008-03-27 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 1490589)
But for every SnH and Baccano! there's fish flops like Shana II; overpromoted, overhyped, over the top, under funded and rushed.

Out of curiosity, how was Shakugan no Shana II overpromoted and overhyped? I mean, high expectations ruin the ride, if said expectations are caused by the person doing the watching. Then again, I cannot say ____ was overhyped because I do not live in Japan, where most of the hype and promotion would come from.