AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   AnoHana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   AnoHana - Character Discussion - Menma (Honma Meiko) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103927)

Pellissier 2011-05-04 05:03

AnoHana - Character Discussion - Menma (Honma Meiko)

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Menma (Honma Meiko) related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=39172
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all AnoHana fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Haru~ 2011-05-04 10:11

The mysterious ghost who can touch people, hold things and eat food. How the hell is that possible is a mystery to us.

User68604 2011-05-04 11:07

she is annoyingly cute

wandering-dreamer 2011-05-04 20:58

One theory I've seen on other forums but not this one is that Menma might not be a ghost but rather an angel, thoughts?

User68604 2011-05-04 21:05

seems to befitting of the series

her wish being one that brings back the connections/friendships of the super peace busters...

either way, given the tone of the series - i think we can conclude that we are in for a very SAD ending where she disappears :(

FireChick 2011-05-05 14:29

I love this girl! She's sooooo cute! Plus she reminds me of how childish I normally am, even though I'll be 18 next month.:heh:

darkmanure 2011-05-06 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by recover (Post 3599664)
seems to befitting of the series

her wish being one that brings back the connections/friendships of the super peace busters...

either way, given the tone of the series - i think we can conclude that we are in for a very SAD ending where she disappears :(

I'm going to guess it will be bitter sweet. The one who will grief the most of course will be Jinta, but I think he'll accept.

I wouldn't be surprised if near the end he would deliberately avoid granting her wish in fear that she would disappear.

Patriot's Blade 2011-05-06 07:14

why does her appearance reminds me of Index from To aru Majutsu no Index/Railgun? but less annoying? maybe its her blue eyes & hair?

TheGeekHuntress 2011-05-11 15:34

I don't know if her wish is to reunite them but in ep.1 when they were younger she said she had a wish but the scene cut off so I think it has something to do with that.

demonkevy666 2011-05-12 20:19

I've seen her eat three times now and I'm still confused how do dead people eat ? :confused:

Manji Midou 2011-05-12 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress (Post 3608528)
I don't know if her wish is to reunite them but in ep.1 when they were younger she said she had a wish but the scene cut off so I think it has something to do with that.

l think her wish might be much simpler. To a point she wants all her friends to reunite but deep down l think her real wish is to get a real answer to the question anaru asked him long ago.... well that's just me....:heh:

rasudoken 2011-05-12 21:27

Wish Guess coming through

Spoiler:

blewin 2011-06-04 03:39

looks like Menma's being neglected here! actually, she kind of drifted away from the story despite her being the centre of it! I got to the point that I'd rather watch the other characters than her (she's been the most boring character so far). But Menma in episode 8 has brought her back into the plot again. Seems like we'll get to see some character development of her towards the end of the anime.

as in, move on, Menma the ghost.

katsudon 2011-06-05 22:41

so did she die from a car accident? or drowning (her slipper floating in the river?).

FireChick 2011-06-06 04:50

I think it's likely she drowned or something. The show never went into very much detail as to how she died.

Myssa Rei 2011-06-06 22:08

I think the issue with Menma is that she isn't much a character (at the level of say, Yukiatsu or Jinta) but a plot device. The fact that she has no idea why she's hanging around in the world of the living and, barring the end of the previous episode, and is pretty much just an observer instead of an active participant in the lives of her friends, doesn't help matters any.

Shadow5YA 2011-06-09 11:43

Menma has character, but her character is dependant on her interactions with others. As Jinta already pointed out, she shoes every concern for others and none of herself.

The problem is that the show revolves around what Menma wants for herself when she usually doesn't think about herself.

Kyuu 2011-06-16 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haru~ (Post 3599099)
The mysterious ghost who can touch people, hold things and eat food. How the hell is that possible is a mystery to us.

Well, there's a long standing tradition pertaining with tangible ghosts:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6672/boo0.jpg

fazer 2011-06-16 21:56

there is a very huggable ghost despite its look lol

SoFarGone 2011-06-16 22:28

I do not like Menma. She is causing all the problems to the characters but she is needed for the story to go on...