AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for a certain kind of anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93532)

incube 2010-05-03 15:19

Looking for a certain kind of anime

Hmm im looking for series were the main character is taken away from his normal life by extreme circunstances and has to find a way to deal with it. Preferably action oriented and not slice of life.

An example of what im looking for is like Sousuke from FMP or Kira from Gundam seed... even the guy from Kurogane no Linebaren could be considered but maybe less childish and with a more serious / dramatic plot.

It can be manga suggestions too..

Here is the list of what i've watched already http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cubito. I've seen quite a few so please check it before posting.

Thanks

Haak 2010-05-03 15:33

I would recommend Now and Then, Here and There. It happens to quite a lot of characters and they all vary in their responses.

jedinat 2010-05-03 17:16

Outlanders - abducted by aliens...sort of
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - starts shortly after the protagonist finds himself in another world... so you don't actually get to see his normal life, but you see him being unused to how things are in the new world
RahXephon - one of the better mecha anime... finds out everything is a lie, fights baddies in a mecha, etc.

incube 2010-05-03 23:08

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - starts shortly after the protagonist finds himself in another world... so you don't actually get to see his normal life, but you see him being unused to how things are in the new world

Well this wasnt exactly what i was asking for but still a very interesting anime :D

Thanks

Kafriel 2010-05-04 00:43

Although Reborn! fits the bill, it's extremely childish until Tsuna gets to see his coffin...which is ~70 eps deep.
Manga-wise, check out Deadman Wonderland and Zetman. They are dark enough, include lots of traumatic experiences for the protagonists, who wants their normal lives back.
The Air Gear manga is also within your criteria after 120 chapters or so...very dramatic too.

incube 2010-05-04 16:13

Reborn! seems interesting.. thanks

Any more?

wingdarkness 2010-05-04 17:12

Black Lagoon - Meets you're criteria perfectly...

Kaiji
- Also meets you're criteria, but it's less insane action than BL, and more psychological torture...

incube 2010-05-04 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness (Post 3034651)
Black Lagoon - Meets you're criteria perfectly...

Kaiji
- Also meets you're criteria, but it's less insane action than BL, and more psychological torture...

Seen BL already. Ill check a few eps of Kaiji but i dont think ill enjoy it very much... i prefer action / drama over just intelect competitions that goes nowhere...

Things more like FMP, Black Lagoon and Gundam Seed or mangas like Highschool of the dead, Deadman wonderland, Cage of Eden, etc

Thanks

wingdarkness 2010-05-05 00:10

Alright then, Gankutsuou, might be more up your ally with lots of action and delicious drama...Also it's one of the most visually breath-taking animes in history for my money...

Currently HEROMAN also fits this criteria somewhat as the main character is taken out of his normal life via alien invasion...

Mitchiko E. Hatchin
, another one of my personal favorites, has a young girl taken from her adopted family (Don't feel bad they treat her like dirt) by a luscious latino woman, and put on a non-stop journey of bada$$ery in the hopes of finding her real father...Lots of stylistic action along the way...

that's all I got for now...

SeijiSensei 2010-05-05 06:47

Here are a three more, perhaps less obvious, options:

Monster - talented neurosurgeon finds himself on the run when accused of murder
Moribito - young prince finds himself on the run after assassination attempts
Noein - young girl discovers she's the nexus of a conflict between parallel universes

Noein probably has the most "action" of the three, though the occasional fighting scenes in Moribito are extraordinarily animated. Monster is more of a psychological drama.