AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KanColle (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Kantai Collection ~Kancolle~ (Browser Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122413)

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 20:56

Kantai Collection ~Kancolle~ (Browser Game)

So as to not clog up the coming series thread of Kantai, all discussion of the game will be redirected here.

For a bit of history, Kantai Collection is a browser-based CCG published by Kadokawa and hosted at DMM. It was launched on 23 April 2013, and has since then experienced a surge in both exposure and popularity, with around 800,000 registered users as of September 2013.

The gameplay is centered upon naval battles, with individual characters represented by various cards with different attributes. Each of the characters are moe anthropomorphisms of World War II naval warships which are depicted as cute girls, known as "Fleet girls" (艦娘, kanmusu, literally "ship daughter"). These personified warships are based on real-life vessels which are explained in detail within the game; the physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel (for example, ships with a larger displacement tonnage are often depicted with larger breasts, with the notable exception of a few aircraft carriers). The player takes on the role of an admiral (提督, teitoku), who can either male or female, and organises their fleets in battle in order to win. Combat is largely automated, and manual actions by the player include micromanagement such as building and repairing.

So yeah, pretty much Moe Battleship Girls, the Game (tm).

All discussions may start now for Admirals and would-be Admirals.

Duo Maxwell 2013-10-15 21:28

My lv 19 Yudachi sank today. I just didn't pay attention because my boss called me. I'm such a shitty teitoku. :(

Back on the topic, what is everyone's equipment line up for your carrier? I tried various ways but I don't really see any noticeable difference in the result.

And still no Kongou in sight. I've been wishing for her everyday, but all I got is Hiei and Haruna (not like it's bad, I just want Kongou as my first) and Nagato.

My farm currently. I should feel bad about it, but I just keep doing it.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 21:41

I lost my level 9 Yubari the other night as well. It's a good thing that I soon got another one via construction, but that'll teach me to be careless ESPECIALLY in world 1-3 (which has carrier enemies, ouch).

I haven't gotten a Carrier yet, and Chiyoda doesn't count. And when I tried to CONSTRUCT one, I got Kitakami instead (which isn't bad, but now I need Ooi).

EDIT: I have, as of last count, 8 Isuzus. When I finally unlock the 3rd fleet (still need Naka and Sendai), I can start my Isuzu farm in earnest, mwahahaha.

Wild Goose 2013-10-15 21:49

...this is probably a game that requires you to be able to read and understand Japanese, right? :heh:

LystAP 2013-10-15 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 4872505)
My farm currently. I should feel bad about it, but I just keep doing it.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Akagi the all-devouring wolf. :heh: At least you don't have Yamato.

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 4872534)
...this is probably a game that requires you to be able to read and understand Japanese, right? :heh:

It also requires you to fool the DMM site that you're using a Japanese connection too, at least at first. Hence the use of VPN.

EDIT: My best ship girl right now is, surprise surprise, Yamashirou, followed by Hagurou.

Duo Maxwell 2013-10-15 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LystAP (Post 4872543)
Maybe they have something against us Allies for sinking most of the original ships. :(

That is not something I'd be joking about. It's like the Pearl Harbor joke. The Japanese really respect their ships.

The main reason is because there are limited slots for players, and if they open the floodgate for outsiders, it's surely will be swarmed with a bunch of foreigner that will hardly pay anything and could even lead to server bottleneck. I've seen them asking people not to play the game on mobile, but a lot of people don't bother listening. I had to join the lottery for 2 weeks before getting my chance, you know.

Back on the game, this is the reason why we need 4 baths. Akagi gets crit all day, everyday. Even a scratch on the BB could put it in the bath for more than 3 hours.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...16853595_n.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 4872534)

To my experience, a bunch of 4chan guys who have no clue about Japanese still be able to play it, but that requires extensive amount of reading on the wiki, asking around and be able to recognize the Japanese words at least.

At least with the recent announcement, seems like DMM doesn't mind foreigner much, but they won't guarantee anything, so if you suddenly find you're locked out from the game, don't bother complaining.

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 22:24

To be fair, ANY ship class above Light Cruiser getting a scratch on their paint will look forward to upwards of 20 minutes or more in the furo to recover from damage. >_> I think my record was 4+ hours for Yamashirou.

Rias 2013-10-15 23:07

I'm having a hard time breaking through 2-4. Probably need to level up more...

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 4872596)
I'm having a hard time breaking through 2-4. Probably need to level up more...

I heard that the zone is a massive roadblock for many Admirals. Given how the recommended minimum level is 30, AND a fleet full of fast battleships, hmm...

Have you tried the all-sub tactic? They say it works, but you pretty much have to run a gauntlet to even GET to 2-4 so...

Rias 2013-10-15 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 4872600)
I heard that the zone is a massive roadblock for many Admirals. Given how the recommended minimum level is 30, AND a fleet full of fast battleships, hmm...

Have you tried the all-sub tactic? They say it works, but you pretty much have to run a gauntlet to even GET to 2-4 so...

I only have 1 sub so far. Havn't used her much as I don't have any equipment for her, and she does minimal damage so far...

Myssa Rei 2013-10-15 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 4872606)
I only have 1 sub so far. Havn't used her much as I don't have any equipment for her, and she does minimal damage so far...

A full Kongou-class team supported by carriers seem to be the normal way to go, and just pray that RNG blesses you. Using the sub tactic relies too much on your subs being able to survive the first few nodes full of destroyers and light cruisers.

Duo Maxwell 2013-10-16 00:14

To pass that map, you have to push through night battle, even when some of your ships are in dangerous state, otherwise you will need an average of lv 40 ships for all of your fleet to safely win against that. After chickening out several times, I decided to put all my chips on the night battle while my Fusou and Kaga at half HP. My party at that time consisted of Nagato kai, Fusou kai, Ise, Kaga, Akagi and Kitakami. Only Nagato was at 35, while all the other at 20+.

Luckily none of my girl sunk in that battle, but man, did my heart jump around whenever the enemy made their turn.

Myssa Rei 2013-10-16 00:56

Still too early in my Admiral career to worry about that myself. World 2-1 pretty much kicked my main fleet's arse by the second node, so I definitely need leveling (and carriers!) to do before I advance even more.

Azuma Denton 2013-10-16 09:43

Some useful site:
Most complete english wikia about Kancolle
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

List of every ship and their maximum stats
http://www56.atwiki.jp/kancolle/pages/42.html

I go with 4BB (Kongo-kai, Fuso-kai, Ise-kai and Hiei) 1 CV (Akagi-kai) 1 CVL (Hiyo-kai).
Still cant pass through boss node of 2-4.

Myssa Rei 2013-10-16 18:53

STILL not getting Sendai and Naka (the irony!), which I seriously need to get the third fleet slots. On the bright side, I now have carriers (Sohryuu and Ryuujou), just need to level them up to 10 so I can face World 1-4 again.

On the bright side, I'm also getting so many Isuzus... I have the components of the farm already, but without the 3rd fleet slot, I can't actually do any farming...

Need an additional battleship, as I've got a ton of Heavy Cruisers already (even completed the Chikuma-Tone set).

Azuma Denton 2013-10-16 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 4873599)
STILL not getting Sendai and Naka (the irony!), which I seriously need to get the third fleet slots. On the bright side, I now have carriers (Sohryuu and Ryuujou), just need to level them up to 10 so I can face World 1-4 again.

On the bright side, I'm also getting so many Isuzus... I have the components of the farm already, but without the 3rd fleet slot, I can't actually do any farming...

Need an additional battleship, as I've got a ton of Heavy Cruisers already (even completed the Chikuma-Tone set).

If you want battleship, level your current main fleet so you can get to world 2 fast.
In 2-2, farm Kongou sisters and Fuso sisters...

Dark Faith 2013-10-16 19:51

This looks.. seriously awesome.

Myssa Rei 2013-10-16 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4873634)
If you want battleship, level your current main fleet so you can get to world 2 fast.

Minimum level? My Yamashiro is at level 14, and she still gets her arse handed to her. Not going to tackle the place until I get both my Carriers to 15 maybe, and a few Heavy Cruisers as well.

Duo Maxwell 2013-10-16 20:23

The last stage of each map is always a huge obstacle. Like how when you break through 2-4, 3-1 and 4-1 is just a breeze, so it's worth to try to pass the last stage to reach new map.

In case of 1-4, I think you only need 2 CVs, 1 BB, 2 CAs and just one ship that doesn't get sunk fast before reaching the boss node. Or you could just put your weakest ship as your flagship. I beat them with my highest ship around level 17, if my mind serves me right.