AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] The ANBU Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8625)

Nara Shikamaru 2004-03-02 15:20

[Manga] The ANBU Discussion Thread

Hmmm, I read in a post somewhere that Itachi is a chuunin, but isn't the requierment to be an Anbu is to be a Jounin? Elite Jounin at that. So how is it possible for Itachi to be a chuunin and still be the capt of the Anbu. I'm sure with his skill and smarts he would've past genin, then chuunin easily. So to me Itachi is an Elite Jounin.

If possible site specific info from the manga/anime if there is any of course. thanks

Dragon Flame 2004-03-02 15:21

no no no FOR CRIEING OUT LOUD!! ANBU is made up of Chuunin AND Jounin

Nara Shikamaru 2004-03-02 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
no no no FOR CRIEING OUT LOUD!! ANBU is made up of Chuunin AND Jounin

Clam down dude, sheesh this is what forums are for to ask questions. So take a chill pill and go to sleep or something, AND the reason i asked is cuz on some sites they have this "genin, chuunin, jounin etc.." Tree thingy, And Anbu was listed under Jounin.

Plus im actually asking this question about Itachi, he has to be a Jounin (or not) haha.

Hellraizer0 2004-03-02 15:45

Itachi may have the abilities of a Jounin (maybe more), but the fact is he is still a Chuunin because he left the village when he was still ranked at Chuunin level.

Hiko Seijuro 14th 2004-03-02 16:05

Itachis ablities are above the Kage level, but when he left Konoha his military rank was still a chuunin.

hobobaggins 2004-03-02 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nara Shikamaru
Clam down dude, sheesh this is what forums are for to ask questions. So take a chill pill and go to sleep or something, AND the reason i asked is cuz on some sites they have this "genin, chuunin, jounin etc.." Tree thingy, And Anbu was listed under Jounin.

Plus im actually asking this question about Itachi, he has to be a Jounin (or not) haha.

dragonflame is the initiation ritual. Anbu are generally jounin, but chuunin can be anbu. the requirements for being a jounin are different from an ANBU

Hunter 2004-03-02 16:35

The Anbu aren't only jounins but hight level chuunin too, and the majority of them must be Chuunin because Jounin are the leaders (even if some particulary strong chuunin can be leader too), so the regular soldiers must be the special Jounins and Chuunins.

The jounins are the strongest ninjas, the elites of the hidden villages.
There aren't much of them, Konoha that is the strongest hidden village ninja seems to have 2 or 3 dozen of jounin, maximum.

raikage 2004-03-02 17:58

True, but we don't know the selection process for Jounin. I still personally believe they are chosen at the village level; no big super-tournament to crown the new 'elite' ninja.
(If there was a test for Jounin, why would anybody care about the Chuunin test?)

The village would choose who their top shinobis are; an elite nin from the Stone village may not be the same as a jounin from Leaf.

OhJustSomeRandomGuy 2004-03-02 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by raikage
True, but we don't know the selection process for Jounin. I still personally believe they are chosen at the village level; no big super-tournament to crown the new 'elite' ninja.
(If there was a test for Jounin, why would anybody care about the Chuunin test?)

The village would choose who their top shinobis are; an elite nin from the Stone village may not be the same as a jounin from Leaf.

Well, the Chuunin test was to preserve the "antagonistic peace" that the nations had between them. So theoretically, they could still have Jounin exams...but I don't think the villages would want other villages knowing what their Jounin and potential Jounin had as super techniques, so they probably do have tests, just in-house.

Those other sites that have Anbu above Jounin are wrong.

Sethi 2004-03-02 18:42

I agree with raikage i don't think there is any tests or tournaments just in-house high level chuunins fighting each other should mean lots of deaths, i think they are selected by their performance on the missions and their abilities. I think it's the same with ANBU, the ones that are best at killing, spying and all that stealth action must be the ones that are selected to join.

Coder8 2004-03-02 18:57

I think deeds are what makes a jounin. CHunnin exam just gives the country something to work for and put effort into it so they dont goto war with each other.
The anbu as i see it are a task force like Swat. They use anyone that has a ability to bring to the team. They are like cops or Swat guys. Just that.
________
Voyeur Hidden

Karma 2004-03-02 20:54

I read somewhere (dunno if it's reliable), that the ANBU were handpicked by Hokage. It seems to make sense, I mean assasins aren't really an ad you put in the sunday paper :eyebrow: So then I would tend to believe that ANBU COULD be at any level, I think it's not the skill required for the job, rather the physcological requirements. Of course you would have to be skilled, but Naruto in a couple of years could qualify skill wise, but I don't think that he could handle the killing. That's excluding the fact that Naruto is a loud mouthed, arrogant, dumb, etc (I think you get it). Still this is based purely on speculation. I don't want this to turn into a 'Who is the first ANBU going to be' thread so I'll stop here.

Coder8 2004-03-02 21:24

Well considering they have 12 year olds kill people,i dont see why that would be out of question,the ad bit. And since the kids are raised to be killing machines,they ALL should have that mind set. Also why couldnt naruto kill someone? he hasnt shown any great distate for it when it wasnt against him or his freinds.
Hell when Haku killed zabuza right in front of his very eyes all he could complain about was how Haku made them look weak,nothing about "You shouldnt kill"
________
Amber

raijin 2004-03-02 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nara Shikamaru
Hmmm, I read in a post somewhere that Itachi is a chuunin, but isn't the requierment to be an Anbu is to be a Jounin? Elite Jounin at that. So how is it possible for Itachi to be a chuunin and still be the capt of the Anbu. I'm sure with his skill and smarts he would've past genin, then chuunin easily. So to me Itachi is an Elite Jounin.

If possible site specific info from the manga/anime if there is any of course. thanks

In the Naruto Character Data Book, Itachi's records show that he has completed/participated in 1 S rank mission. S rank missions are given to Special Jounin and Jounin level ninja. But, for some reason, he has no A rank missions in his record.

OhJustSomeRandomGuy 2004-03-02 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by raijin
In the Naruto Character Data Book, Itachi's records show that he has completed/participated in 1 S rank mission. S rank missions are given to Special Jounin and Jounin level ninja. But, for some reason, he has no A rank missions in his record.

Maybe it's like Naruto...he skips some ranks too...could have been mis-classified.

Coder8 2004-03-02 22:34

Maybe he just isnt used for anything but top level things.
Or maybe its that he wasnt a jounin long enough to do any missions before he offed you know who.
(edit)
Someone mail me the info on this data book! And the knowledge of how to read it!
NOW!!! :help:
________
SLUTS

Lee-pimp 2004-03-02 22:55

right i need to learn japanese quick so i can take a look at that data book :heh: anyway itachi was a chuunin but a very special case because he was an ANBU captin at chuunin, when he left the leaf he was still technically a chuunin but he was and is of kage strength probably stronger

the anbu is made up of mostly strong chuunin and special jounin with a jounin captin.

Coder8 2004-03-02 22:58

Didnt it go that he was a chunnin at like 8...and anbu captain at 13,so in 5 years he probally advanced up to Jounin maybe?
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY

Umbrae 2004-03-02 23:28

So what happens to genin that fail the chunin exam, but thier partners pass. for example sakura. since you have to have 3 to take the test.

The reason I ask in this thread, is because aside of the fact that sakura is still a genin due to double KO with Ino. I thought the naruto team would make a great Anbu team. you have 2 strong chunin and one elite jounin, and one usless genin. Naruto was always asking for better missions, well that would work for him =p

Coder8 2004-03-02 23:30

Actually Umbrae...Shikimaru passes his CHunnin exam but the rest dont...they just are upped a rank and they can/he can now do C and B ranked missions.
________
STARCRACT 2 REPLAYS