AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98879)

SuzushinaYuriko 2010-11-05 19:05

This episode was definitely the best episode so far. Great effects and timing, and although it doesn't match up to the original light novel, it's still good in its own right.

One thing that bothered me is when they cut a few explanations, like how Touma's right hand didn't destroy the magic circle Innocentius was summoned in:
Spoiler for volume 7 AMAKUSA Style Remix of Church.:

And they didn't explain how the Amakusa Catholics could be integrated into the Anglican Church:
Spoiler for volume 7 The page is shut.:

And this epic scene had less impact:

Also, a part of the original Laura and Stiyl scene at the end:

Just posting a few excerpts of the light novels so that people can compare.

Also, is it me, or did Tsuchimikado's voice change? Kanzaki also looks slightly different for a reason I can't quite pinpoint... :heh: And Mikoto will play an important role in the two next episodes, so people complaining about not seeing enough of her can shut up now. I'm quite excited about the next two episodes myself, actually. The preview satisfied me since it confirmed that there will be a certain adorable scene included in the next episode. :D

Kinku 2010-11-05 19:19

I dont get it? after seeing giant Innocentius all the nuns lost faith in winning the battle?

SuzushinaYuriko 2010-11-05 19:26

Hey, what would you do if you were faced with a giant flaming monster easily capable of burning you to ashes? Their principles tell them to fight, but they're afraid of Innocentius, so they cannot decide whether to run or to try and take down that monster. The defeat of their leader, the one who should be the strongest out of all of them, signified a collapse in their beliefs that they can win.

zeniselv 2010-11-05 19:34

well not only kanzaki most female characters look different from s1, but maybe it looks wer since kanzaki noever showed these kinds of expressions and ahe almost always had this mad glare.

Kinku 2010-11-05 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka (Post 3333458)
Hey, what would you do if you were faced with a giant flaming monster easily capable of burning you to ashes? Their principles tell them to fight, but they're afraid of Innocentius, so they cannot decide whether to run or to try and take down that monster. The defeat of their leader, the one who should be the strongest out of all of them, signified a collapse in their beliefs that they can win.

But if they are willing to shove pens into thier ears just to fight index i would figure they would do anything win? Even fighting a huge flaming monster. Arent they part of the roman church ... arent they train to fight devils and demons?

I_am_Kami 2010-11-05 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 3333466)
well not only kanzaki most female characters look different from s1, but maybe it looks wer since kanzaki noever showed these kinds of expressions and ahe almost always had this mad glare.

I think they added more eyelashes when she was arguing .
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka (Post 3333427)
This episode was definitely the best episode so far. Great effects and timing, and although it doesn't match up to the original light novel, it's still good in its own right.

One thing that bothered me is when they cut a few explanations, like how Touma's right hand didn't destroy the magic circle Innocentius was summoned in:

And they didn't explain how the Amakusa Catholics could be integrated into the Anglican Church:

And this epic scene had less impact:

Also, a part of the original Laura and Stiyl scene at the end:

Just posting a few excerpts of the light novels so that people can compare.

Also, is it me, or did Tsuchimikado's voice change? Kanzaki also looks slightly different for a reason I can't quite pinpoint... :heh: And Mikoto will play an important role in the two next episodes, so people complaining about not seeing enough of her can shut up now. I'm quite excited about the next two episodes myself, actually. The preview satisfied me since it confirmed that there will be a certain adorable scene included in the next episode. :D

They probably would make it super epic like the novels but put into consideration that there wouldn't be any need to put in the narrative thought or descriptions and they can make it that long so they put the main important stuff. Even without that though the show is still epic.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinku (Post 3333471)
But if they are willing to shove pens into thier ears just to fight index i would figure they would do anything win? Even fighting a huge flaming monster. Arent they part of the roman church ... arent they train to fight devils and demons?

Demons?
Have they even been introduced yet?
*Cough*
Spoiler for novel:
I think in the novel it said
Spoiler for V.7:

Kinku 2010-11-05 20:00

Demons?
Have they even been introduced yet?
*Cough*
Spoiler for novel:

I guess... he is a sexy beast:D

Didnt read the novel so didnt know that.. anime didnt really explain it well i think

serenade_beta 2010-11-05 20:29

This episode was the best so far.
But still dull...
But hey, at least it wasn't as bad as the other episodes.
And the part where Innoken-whatever came in was the only battle scene that was worth anything.
But I guess it was fun watching Touma use his fist and punch Kugimiya's face twice. :heh: And his preaching wasn't as long and painful as it usually is!

..............The arc finally ends.
Damn, the arc was disappointing...
The enemies were boring and weak (in every sense)
The new characters were not attractive in any aspect (especially the way they talk~degozaimasuwa)
The animation quality in general was dreadfully low for the first few episodes.
The battle was a yawn.
The story not making sense in various points and all (like what was pointed out in the previous episode thread), but at least if the animation quality was higher, it wouldn't be so noticeable...

Did I miss a few episodes? When has Kanzaki become so "dere" over Touma?

That scene where the nuns attacked the church door was funny.
They attack.
Make some holes to peek through.
But oh? The enemies are talking, so let's not move until they are done.
And then they finally burst in.

But anyways, next time is the science side.
It surely can't go wrong here. (................................................. .............)
Judgement DESUNO!

HandofFate 2010-11-05 20:37

I like how Touma is a little preachy, but at least he isn't soft on it and backs himsef up.
Spoiler for episode 5:

Master Assassin 2010-11-05 20:40

... A shining episode for me so far.

Spoiler for Commentaries:

Ten without questions. :D

Hypernova 2010-11-05 20:45

Good to see that Tauma is not sexist.

Didn't expect all the Kanzaki deredere as I don't remember anything from season one to suggest that.

Master Assassin 2010-11-05 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypernova (Post 3333539)
Good to see that Tauma is not sexist.

Didn't expect all the Kanzaki deredere as I don't remember anything from season one to suggest that.

Well... they... uh, basically put out quite some load of it though last season. The only part that barely tells you that this is coming is at the end of the Angel Fall arc (which was the one part possessing the most implied forthcoming of Kanzaki's deredere this season). And even then that's still too little I can understand no one saw that coming.

... To be honest, I was in a state of disbelief myself when I first found out (via spoilers and already translated novels, of course)

Texas84 2010-11-05 20:51

Epic preview. Epic. :D

ion475 2010-11-05 21:03

The end of this arc...overall it's decent, set things up afterward while introducing more members for Touma's harem...

When did Kanzaki become this dere...that's just not Kanzaki at all, sounds more like Hinagiku in dere mode (Well, it's the same CV...) than Kanzaki I'm used to in Season 1...

And IMO...Laura is really evil...

Next episode: KUROKO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Uiharu makes her first appearance in Index.

Chaos2Frozen 2010-11-05 21:09

Lol, so they siphon two episodes of fighting 'awesome' to fill up one episode?

Anyway something was suppose to have happened in the Angel Fall arc which wasn't shown, it somehow compounded into the Book of Law arc to make Kanzaki all girly in front of Touma... Actually, I was half expecting that they remove it from the episode altogether :heh:

Oh, and Kanzaki is 18 years old... Yeah, she looked more 'matured' for her age.

Laura on the other hand just 'looks' 18 :p

Quote:

arent they train to fight devils and demons?

One would assume that's the job of the Exorcist Order ;)

It's suppose to be the sum of all the small things, the whole battle was not to defeat every single Nun, but to reduce their morale to the point where they can't fight anymore (VC2 any one?). Can you imagine having to stab you ears, THEN realize you have to fight a giant flaming Golem? There's only so much you can invest.

tsunade666 2010-11-05 21:20

I also didn't see Kaori going dere their even if I had read the novel. It reminds me when the time Kaori was said a member of the harem and I just can't believe it.

Bordix 2010-11-05 21:26

Fuck yeah, Innocentius! The first thing that attracted me to the series, I just wish it did stuff other than standing there looking all cool and intimidating. Maybe next time?

Fights were good. Touma punching lolis is always good.

I loved Agnese's unique way of attacking, if she continued pressing her attacks then she might have defeated Touma. Although, she would still be overpowered by the incoming Innocentius (which I would have loved to see) I'm just a tad bit disappointed that they didn't show the other nuns fighting like the one with the wheel and pouch.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode! Last order is there, and we all know what that means.

Aki-Furaba 2010-11-05 21:29

kanzaki's dere face, touma's falcon punch (with a magic cleansing effect), plus epic BGM are orgasmic

:D

p.s.: it'll be funny when Agnese licked the staff, and suddenly it affects Touma as well... epic anti-climax.

Hell_ping 2010-11-05 21:43

Well, ignoring the LN details, it's okay. Not overwhelming though. JC Staff did include quite a lot of details, but not all of the exposition.

But really, that staff looks like a mop (before it opened)...

Up next:

Rah, rah, ah, ah, ah
Ma, ma onee-sama

Miraluka 2010-11-05 21:48

Notable point is they improved the BGM in comparison to the first season some of the tracks were dull.

Quote:

No, they're trained to fight rival organizations, but thats Necessarius' job.
Innocentius isn't only a hugue flaming monster it also can regenerate so, as long there are runes set it will become stronger, and there was a big number this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 3333520)
But anyways, next time is the science side.
It surely can't go wrong here. (................................................. .............)
Judgement DESUNO!

Nop, you will see your "favorite" psycho character from the last season which you "missed" and you will love him :rolleyes: :heh:.