AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Getter Robo! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11938)

Hisoka Hajime 2004-04-18 20:03

Getter Robo!

Thank you Hero Legends!

a7m4 2004-04-18 20:35

Yes, thanks a lot! I am downloading it right now. Can't wait to watch it!

Also, you state Mazinger Z is licensed on your website. I was just wondering what country you were based in.

Fronzel 2004-04-19 04:25

Hm. Interesting. Kinda embarressing in some ways, but interesting, if only for historical vaule. I'll welcome more.

ZeroKun 2004-04-19 07:34

Mazinger Z was licensed in the us under the name transor z, and i dont know if that license is still valid.

KBTKaiser 2004-04-20 15:05

Old school goodie...but still a goodie

BOZZY 2004-04-20 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroKun
Mazinger Z was licensed in the us under the name transor z, and i dont know if that license is still valid.

According to the main guy on Hero Legends (who I talked a bit with) supposedly the company who owned the rights went bankrupt, but the original owner of the company (3 Bee or something was the name of the company) supposedly still has the rights to it...

Invoker 2004-04-25 22:00

As campy as the series is by todays series, I really enjoyed watching it. The opening/ending theme songs alone are a hoot, as is the strangely out of place gore when Getter hacked off that dino's tale.

Eagerly awaiting future episodes.

babbito2k 2004-04-25 22:12

Always wanted to see this - a couple jiggersful of Getter Robo went into the mad otaku cocktail that is Gekiganger. For a story which combines people who can do bicycle kicks 100 ft. in the air with secret avionics labs operating out of high schools(!?) and talking metal dinosaurs... it's got a cute girl character.

It's kind of harsh that they went right into cliffhanger mode tho...

a7m4 2004-04-25 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by babbito2k
Always wanted to see this - a couple jiggersful of Getter Robo went into the mad otaku cocktail that is Gekiganger. For a story which combines people who can do bicycle kicks 100 ft. in the air with secret avionics labs operating out of high schools(!?) and talking metal dinosaurs... it's got a cute girl character.

It's kind of harsh that they went right into cliffhanger mode tho...

Don't forget getting thrown about 300 feet from a judo move, and landing on a high dive after doing a few backflips! I also never knew doing backflips on a motorcycle was so easy! I still don't get the "GAN GAN GAN GAN" thing. Does that just not mean anything in Japanese?

darkmirage77 2004-04-25 22:40

Never heard of Getter Robo before. Can anyone provide us un-informed ppl, with a bit of story, or overview. I'm an avid anime fan, and have well over 80 complete series(mostly fan-subbed), but there is so much anime avail these days, its hard to keep up with it all. You all sound very interested in this series, so I'd like to know a little also....

Invoker 2004-04-25 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkmirage77
Never heard of Getter Robo before. Can anyone provide us un-informed ppl, with a bit of story, or overview. I'm an avid anime fan, and have well over 80 complete series(mostly fan-subbed), but there is so much anime avail these days, its hard to keep up with it all. You all sound very interested in this series, so I'd like to know a little also....

It's a classic Go Nagai mecha, similar to Mazinger Z and the rest. "Getter Machines 1-3," which look like airplanes, combine to form different robots depending on how they're combined. The robot then proceed to brutally maul the enemy of the day, in a highly satisfying visceral display.

In other words, good guy robot versus bad guy monster.

Theres a cute anime chick too.

babbito2k 2004-04-25 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7m4
Don't forget getting thrown about 300 feet from a judo move, and landing on a high dive after doing a few backflips! I also never knew doing backflips on a motorcycle was so easy! I still don't get the "GAN GAN GAN GAN" thing. Does that just not mean anything in Japanese?

Yeah, I should have been more thoughtful - your post displayed the kind of deep insight mine was sorely lacking. That backflip/diving board combo was definitely the high point of the episode!

Boy, anyone who thinks this isn't a great show - well, if they could just see that backflip - or the way Hayato can play the harmonica without usin' his lips - I guess they would be singin' a different tune (one that started "Gan Gan Gan, Gan Gan Gan Gan Gan")!

I love how they make an airship that pretty much anyone can pilot (well, good luck landing on "will power" alone) and then make it so that you have to dock the sucker in midair with the other ships, which has got to be impossible IRL.

"Gan" means a whole bunch of stuff. It can be translated as "cancer; evil" or "wild goose" (different words/kanji) or "prayer." Or "rock." I think for these sentai songs they just think it sounds cool.

strategos 2007-06-08 14:16

No fansub have decided to revive this old, classic and great series :(?

kenjiharima 2007-06-08 15:00

Is this the Dadadadada...get..getta..getta Robo from the 70's? Damn you'll see the girly bishounen eyed Ryo(Ryouma on Shin Getter) spamming the words GETTA BEAM!!! So many times you think he was a broken casette recorder.

Spoiler:

sirtao 2007-06-08 16:25

Quote:

but the original owner of the company (3 Bee or something was the name of the company) supposedly still has the rights to it...
Anime rights are bought on a 5 years basis, usually(at least in Italy).
I _DUBT_ 3bee still has them renewed every 5 years.

basically, any series not aired\sold in Home Video for longer than 5 years is usually unlicensed.

eng_sheko 2007-12-05 23:05

thanxxxxxxxxxxxx 4 this anime