AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When will Japan go back to having Adults 25+ in Anime again? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116410)

Kat- 2012-11-25 08:38

When will Japan go back to having Adults 25+ in Anime again?

Seriously, As of late I've yet to see a new modern series that has a complete cast of grown mature characters like Ghost in the Shell. I pretty much have NOTHING to watch anymore because I just can't stand Japans obsession with new age teens and their moronic issues. Hell, most issues in Japan is because they act like follows instead of being individuals.......GROW UP JAPAN.

On a side note I'm utterly sick of weak looking lead males in modern anime. Personally I think this list is what needs to be done.

1.) Please stop making every male look androgynous. When 99% of every male character looks like this it makes the Anime industry look lazy and stupid.
2.) Go back to having adults only in Anime. Again 99% of everything coming out of Japan is 14 year olds and half naked loli girls.
3.) Enough with adding rape and sexual assault to every serious.
4. If a girl is being attacked MAKE HER FIGHT BACK! Pisses me off to no end how submissive Japan is making females.
5. Give male viewers a role model. Instead of making him say "protect" in every other sentence like a damn child how about giving him real life values as a man. Truthfully Japanese boys need masculine role models because a lot of them are grass eaters............and no ladies except for female-otakus want weak shy girly grass eaters.

Lastly, If a teen guy spots a naked large chested female PLEASE STOP MAKING HIM ACT LIKE A SHY SCARED WUSS. Normal males would love that.

Edited: BTW is it me or is Japanese society emotionally stunted? They grow up in a submissive shy culture barely showing natural true emotions from what I can tell. Maybe this is why modern anime feels too shallow when it comes to character personalities. It's like they never studied basic human reactions because their society is so controlling in how you act and think. You get a bunch of sexually frustrated beta-males making fanservice anime all day for other weak minded men because they lack a truly mature mind of how to talk to women. I bet Japanese men don't even know what PUA is.

Lenneth4 2012-11-25 09:26

Why people just check stuff like naruto , nAruto and NAruto +NARUTO (one piece sometimes ?)
Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qZ_6adTb58

TinyRedLeaf 2012-11-25 09:36

Sounds like someone has outgrown his childhood entertainment and is angry that an entire industry wouldn't grow up with him.

Sarcasm aside, what Lenneth4 said. There are indeed shows aimed at older audiences. You'll just have to look harder for them.

Here's another suggestion for someone who apparently needs something dripping with GAR.

Akito Kinomoto 2012-11-25 09:40

Ironically, you wonder about such an anime's target demographic for all of the younger characters they have...

Chaos2Frozen 2012-11-25 09:40

Sigh another narrow minded individual oblivious to the outside world... Shouldn't take too long for this thread to be closed like all the others.

OceanBlue 2012-11-25 09:42

Fate/Zero has characters who are over A THOUSAND YEARS OLD!!

Lenneth4 2012-11-25 09:52

TinyRedLeaf
It's so sad , i dont get how people ends with conclusion like that.

Yeah oceanblue!
Nobody is supposed to check fate/zero unless mythical person like jesus/Boudhha/Mahomet and so many others :!

Unless you are a vampire.

Marcus H. 2012-11-25 09:54

I wonder... how can we appease the OP's very narrow demands for a desired anime series?

Insane 2012-11-25 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 4450789)
Fate/Zero has characters who are over A THOUSAND YEARS OLD!!

And yet they always look young no matter how many years have passed:heh:

Jokes aside. I think the issue the OP is having is just a matter of taste. Be it anime/manga/whatever form of entertainment of Japan, they're basically targeted towards japanese viewers as their prime consumers (while us, non-japanese people are merely second consumers for them). The reason why those kind of entertainment look that way is because those japanese viewers want it and they obviously paying much more money than us in this regard. What doesn't work for the OP might be the ones that strike the chord of japanese viewers. That said, it's all just a matter of taste.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-11-25 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4450814)
And yet they always look young no matter how many years have passed:heh:

Jokes aside. I think the issue the OP is having is just a matter of taste. Be it anime/manga/whatever form of entertainment of Japan, they're basically targeted towards japanese viewers as their prime consumers (while us, non-japanese people are merely second consumer for them). The reason why those kind of entertainment look that way is becaue those japanee viewers want it and they obviously paying much more money than us in this regard. What doesn't work for the OP might be the ones that strike the chord of japanese viewers. That said, it's all just a matter of taste.

OR- He could try laying off the Shounen Nekketsu series.

This is the classic case of a western Anime fan thinking all the Animes of their generation consist of only Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.

judasmartel 2012-11-25 10:05

Well, thing is, obviously, Japanese Anime is NOT meant for Western audiences, but for Japanese audiences.

So, I hereby recommend shows with very high GAR factor, such as Fist of the North Star (though it's an old one). If that's not GAR enough for him, I don't know what else is.

Kirarakim 2012-11-25 10:07

Tiger and Bunny
Uchuu Kyoudai
Bunny Drop
Psycho Pass
Fate Zero

And those are just recent ones off the top of my head. While younger characters are by in large the majority there are series with adults in them.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-11-25 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by judasmartel (Post 4450826)
Well, thing is, obviously, Japanese Anime is NOT meant for Western audiences, but for Japanese audiences.

That's not only it if you read further his post, you'll see that he's using Anime as his reference to the entire Japanese society as a whole.

Never mind that's mostly for kids and that Otakus only consist of only a small minority of the population.

judasmartel 2012-11-25 10:09

And oh, you're right, guys. The Japanese anime industry DOESN'T grow up with anyone. It stays just the way it is, they just change the kind of shows they release depending on the desires of the JAPANESE AUDIENCE.

I'll bet good money that when I reach the age of 60, they're still going to feature cutesy shows with teenage protagonists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4450830)
That's not only it if you read further his post, you'll see that he's using Anime as his reference to the entire Japanese society as a whole.

Never mind that's mostly for kids and that Otakus only consist of only a small minority of the population.

You mean Japanese anime is actually intended for Japanese kids? Man, didn't know that.

But what I do realize now though is that true anime otakus DO NOT hole up in their rooms. They DO go out of their rooms and work their asses off to earn money so they can afford their ridiculously expensive hobby.

So people like the OP actually bash otakus for holing up in their rooms all day, and yet they earn more $$$ than any one of them.

Well, then, shall we look for anime with protagonists over the age of 25?

Fate/zero is a good one. Protagonist is awesome despite being over 25, and that actually ended very recently.

Insane 2012-11-25 10:18

somehow kinda reminds me of this thread where both OP whom having serious narrow-minded mindset throwing tantrum.

judasmartel 2012-11-25 10:23

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/8813374.jpg

Akito Kinomoto 2012-11-25 10:27

I thought these harem shows with high school-aged characters were often geared toward inciting a sense of nostalgia for the 30 year-old worker who needs to unwind after a day at, um, work. If anything these series should be a Godsend; so moe' hhhnnnnnnnnnggg~

Kyuu 2012-11-25 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4450811)
I wonder... how can we appease the OP's very narrow demands for a desired anime series?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4450845)
somehow kinda reminds me of this thread where both OP whom having serious narrow-minded mindset throwing tantrum.

How can these "demands" be narrow minded? Personally, someone oughta take a drop back into the good old days, when a LOT of series did feature more adult characters.

Quite frankly, among many series today... too many characters fit the WUSS category. While yes, even today, there are some notable exceptions to this pattern. It just happens -- the wussies outnumber the badasses.

judasmartel 2012-11-25 10:32

Quote:

I liked anime when it had older, more badass protagonists.
Nostalgia Filter Detected!

mangamuscle 2012-11-25 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirarakim (Post 4450828)
Tiger and Bunny
Uchuu Kyoudai
Bunny Drop
Psycho Pass
Fate Zero

And those are just recent ones off the top of my head. While younger characters are by in large the majority there are series with adults in them.

Lets not forget:

K

and next season we will have:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha