AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam 00 Mecha, Weapons, and Technology (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=72688)

Marikina 2009-01-06 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche (Post 2144937)
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.

Yeah, that one.

SonicSP 2009-01-06 05:02

I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.

About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.

astranagun 2009-01-06 05:55

Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?

LordStrike 2009-01-06 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2145232)
I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.

About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.

i believe is the amount of GN particles that the sword has i bet it can change so it will consume less amount of GN particles depending of the movement or maybe the use that is being given

Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 2145299)
Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?

i bet they have Gn condensers as they bits also have fire power

Village Idiot 2009-01-06 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche (Post 2144937)
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.

? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.

Cherudim Arche 2009-01-06 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 2145688)
? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.

It did block it though, just by using the other side reverse of the blade. I would admit, I got the slicing part wrong, so thanks for clarifying.

SonicSP 2009-01-06 21:06

Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.

I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.

Double 120% 2009-01-07 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2146507)

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4...6221448py7.jpg

RDF2050 2009-01-07 02:07

Quote:

Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.

Depending of the GN particles output of the Gundam/Mobile suit the Beam sabers can be cuut or cut.

LoweGear 2009-01-07 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double 120% (Post 2146861)

And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2009-01-07 03:20

Quote:

In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.

SonicSP 2009-01-07 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 2147047)
In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.

Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.

But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.

Double 120% 2009-01-07 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2147034)
And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.

I completely disagree.

That is clearly not a normal length beam saber. The physical sword already cut into the beam.

KaiDamien 2009-01-07 04:08

Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short

Double 120% 2009-01-07 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiDamien (Post 2147095)
Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short

No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2009-01-07 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2147068)
Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.

But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.

Oh, you CAN use them. It's just that CB decided the standard beam sabers be treated as back-up weapons only. They don't want to use them all the time because they could fail unexpectedly; like how the 00 Gundam could fall out of the sky at unpredictable times without the 0-Raiser.

KaiDamien 2009-01-07 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double 120% (Post 2147101)
No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.

Ah i see thanks, guess this one of 00's one-moment-animation-and-gone-in-the-next-moment,i always hate it when they do that.

Renegade334 2009-01-07 06:02

Not sure if this has been posted yet (kudos to the peeps at mahq for finding it in the first place), but some person spent a certain amount of time studying the concept of orbital elevators
Spoiler for future event hinted at by Mizushima:

SonicSP 2009-01-07 07:06

Spoiler for 00 Spoilers:

By the way,considerong that space is mostly vacuume,aren't all the space batle we have suppose to be almost soundless?

Or sound was added for the benifit of excitement for the audience?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2009-01-07 07:10

I don't think there is any need to "dramatize" anything if the Elevator fails.

The loss of ALL ENERGY ON EARTH would immediately cause a Mad Max scenario. The only nations who would not be affected by it would be, ironically, in the Middle East, as they haven't got any energy supply from the Elevator to begin with.

It would not take more than a week for the rioting to start, a month for the crime spree, and 2 months for the mass starvation.

Compare to that, a colony-drop is nothing.