AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Rozen Maiden (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120600)

Klashikari 2013-07-11 18:53

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Witch of Uncertainty 2013-07-11 20:06

Now that's more like it!

finalfury 2013-07-11 20:44

No Shinku :(
But we get a cute salesgirl instead so that's a plus. :)
The art and the music are the highlights of this season imo. Too bad it's most likely 1 cour. :(

Allium 2013-07-11 21:42

The first episode glossed over things so quickly that I didn't even realize at first that it was a recap, but this one's much better. I didn't expect that bit with Jun from the 'Wind' world sending a message to the Jun from the 'Do Not Wind' world. Although not many things happened this time, it's an intriguing set-up, so I'm looking forward to Episode 3. And yeah, the art style and music are nice too.

Triple_R 2013-07-11 22:03

The pacing goes from one extreme to the other. Personally, I found this episode a bit slow. Also a bit disappointing to have a Rozen Maiden episode without the Rozen Maidens actually in them.

I'm hoping College-Aged Jun finishes re-making Shinku next episode. Oh well, at least the relationship between College-Aged Jun and that one girl is kind of cute.

GDiddy 2013-07-11 22:05

I'm thinking that the girl from the bookstore is a doll owner herself. Or maybe she's that one girl from the first season who owned Hina?

Otherwise, disappointing to not see a doll. Jun grew up to be a hot but gloomy sourpuss.

Triple_R 2013-07-11 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDiddy (Post 4755479)
Jun grew up to be a hot but gloomy sourpuss.

To be fair, it's realistic. Jun was going down a very bad path in life until Shinku and the other Rozen Maidens basically snapped him out of his funk. He needed them as much as they needed him, and this episode definitely proves that.

FlareKnight 2013-07-11 22:41

Yeah, I can't say that it's a surprise how Jun ended up. Without that shock to the system it took him an extremely long time to even just leave his house. By that point though it wasn't an easy transition to the outside world and just continued on with a gloomy emotional state. Even at the start of this he's left with a lot of regrets. If he'd done things differently then his life would be better now.

Still glad to see him starting to recover a bit. Though maybe recovering to being obsessed with making a doll isn't quite the right way to put it. Props to Saitou for her efforts though. Has done a lot more in reaching out to Jun than probably a lot of other people have over the past few years. Could easily just ignore him and laugh along with the manager while focusing on her own situation, but still actually gives a damn about this guy.

InternHertz 2013-07-11 22:51

I was a bit "Wha?" after last episode because of the ultra high pacing to cram all the setup in one episode. But damn, that episode 2 was awesome.
I guess there's a bit of a rose tinted glasses effect involved here due to my love for the series and the frustration I was in after the last season...waiting for another one.

But still, it was awesome. I want to see episode 3 right now >_<

iceaco 2013-07-11 23:04

What's amazing is after watching seasons of Rozen Maiden, episode 2 seems WAYYY too slow..
BUT! At the same time, it's like gears are switching and clicking. The matureness & creepiness comes together, giving it the impression of a totally -new- Rozen maiden series that will reuse a number of old concepts. No more time for stupidity and aloofness o.o

I'm really, really anxious to continue watching this show..
Spoiler:

Horse 2013-07-12 00:48

After seeing pictures and stuff I was ready to hate on this epsiode, but I actually enjoyed watching it. The atmosphere is pretty sweet despite how slow it is moving - it covered a little over one chapter

My biggest issue is all the text overlays. That's just so lazy, DEEN. They are reading them out loud, too, so it's like WHY BOTHER? Not to mention it simply doesn't look good.

Mubyoshi 2013-07-12 05:07

Felt like an entirely different anime as I watched this even though I already read it in the manga. Still, my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time.

MeoTwister5 2013-07-12 05:52

Oh... so it's that other story in the second manga. I'm not familiar with this one. Either way this was infinitely better than that trainwreck recap season pilot.

And I'm kind of creeped out that he has to... uh... build Shinku.

Helius 2013-07-12 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 4755750)
And I'm kind of creeped out that he has to... uh... build Shinku.

Apologise to all the doll makers in the world! :D

Kanon 2013-07-12 08:43

I liked the atmosphere of the episode. It was a bit oppressing. Seriously lack of dolls though. I hope they'll show up soon.

JKL 2013-07-12 10:44

Much better. I could forgive the prior recap if only it didn't mean that there is now one less episode to develop the story. No time for games.

Forever 2013-07-12 11:28

The salesgirls girl is so cute that I wonder might she be alice...

Traece 2013-07-12 17:57

See, now this is what I wanted to see. This is the kind of build-up I was hoping for. Even if we didn't get to see any of the dolls in this episode I still appreciate that the build-up here is done well. The idea of him handcrafting Shinku is also far more interesting. Seems like this series could go very nicely.

Also, he was surprisingly good with Saito. Could it be, a romance sub-plot?

Crashmaking Zoomatic 2013-07-12 18:38

I really enjoyed this episode, and the atmosphere was well-crafted. I haven't read the manga, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes. I also noticed that the girl, Saitou, had a key around her neck that sort of reminded me of the wind-up key. Since it focused on it, I wonder what significance it'll have in the story.

Wandering_Youth 2013-07-12 23:51

I was scratching my head for a good while there thinking I was watching some other anime till the character's name showed up to clear things up a little. Well at least this episode, IMO, was better than the first episode. The first episode was a cluster.@#@uk all jammed into one thing.