AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98819)

Pellissier 2010-11-03 10:38

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Midonin 2010-11-03 13:56

Spoiler for Kaminomi 05 - Springtime for Hitler:

relentlessflame 2010-11-03 13:59

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Clarste 2010-11-03 14:26

Spoiler:

blitz1/2 2010-11-03 14:31

Once Keima donned that Zeon uniform. I unconsciously yelled, "SIEG KEIMA! SIEG JION!!!!" xD

The art in the end looks like it belonged to AUGUST.

pampz21 2010-11-03 14:43

Hitler Keima the best!
As expected to my favorite girl of the series! you nailed it good!

Kotohono 2010-11-03 14:55

This episode was pretty hilarious between the nazi parody and the first set of interactions between Kanon and them. Elsie trying to look like Kanon with the ribbon in her hair was cute :). Though I am interesting to see how Keima tries to go about "capturing" her since he seems to think her singing for him is a trap.

Also I am kind of a bit surprised that Kanon's VA[Nao Toyama] manage to sing so well for the insert songs and ED considering this is one of her first roles it seems, and all of them sounded pretty good as well as Kanon's voice.

konart 2010-11-03 15:01

SIEG ZEON 2D! And ALL HAIL KEIMA!

pampz21 2010-11-03 15:12

Spoiler for Spoil:

Sackett 2010-11-03 15:31

I thought the aspect of Keima's mother becoming more and more attached to Elsee was an important part of this episode.

I think she's having an "A daughter would be so fun to have to do girly things with!" moment.

That and the way Keima's mom keeps peace at the dinner table. Too funny.

Seihai 2010-11-03 15:39

Good adaption, good pacing, funny biker gang face and 'biribiri' moments, nice inserts, adorable scenes as always and finally, cliffhanger that just makes things more interesting.
I see nothing wrong. 10/10

Also, the preview illustration's art is kinda familiar. Could it be the artist from Fortune Arterial?

MartianMage 2010-11-03 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sackett (Post 3330105)
I thought the aspect of Keima's mother becoming more and more attached to Elsee was an important part of this episode.

I think she's having an "A daughter would be so fun to have to do girly things with!" moment.

That and the way Keima's mom keeps peace at the dinner table. Too funny.

I agree with you on the part about Mari getting more attacked to LC.

Episode 5 is a fun episode. Good introduction of Kanon and some of her songs are pretty catchy. My only complaint for this episode would be the animation. Too many awkward frames. The previous episodes didn't have this problem. 9/10 for me. Kanon is like... 3x more cuter in the manga(especially in the latest chapters). :upset:

BTW Keima's laugh in his game idol raving kinda reminded me of El Hazard's Jinnai. :heh:

omimon 2010-11-03 16:04

Yanderes are awesome. Now all she needs is change that stun gun into a knife and we're good to go.

Xacual 2010-11-03 16:16

I need to rewatch the episode but did they leave out Keima saying the only thing worse than a real girl was a real girl with stun guns?

All around I liked this episode especially all the added in scenes showing Kanon's point of view unlike in the manga just seeing Keima.

Dahak86 2010-11-03 17:24

Spoiler for ep 5:

GIFs time =>
Spoiler:

overall, an excellent episode!

Klashikari 2010-11-03 17:50

I have no idea if I had the wrong expectations or if it is because Touyama is pretty new at this, but her voice for Kanon wasn't really convincing to me for the most part of the Episode.
In fact, I couldn't help but feel something was wrong, be it for the normal speech or the songs, which distracted me during the whole episode so to speak.

Not really my favourite arc/character in Kami nomi, but they went pretty much standard with the adaptation and that cliffhanger was the best way to end the first episode of Kanon's arc.

kache 2010-11-03 17:51

The singing of Kanon felt strange, like it wasn't a human singing, but a vocaloid. :confused:

karuroso 2010-11-03 18:29

=O all i have to say is Manglobe maybe really like Kanon, to adapt this ep in that way (plus she's the only one until now that the character design actually looks good comparing to the manga)

Klashikari 2010-11-03 18:38

Objection: Elsea looks much better in the anime than in the manga!

Decagon 2010-11-03 20:22

Seems a bit unusual to give such a new voice actress a role that you'd expect several insert songs from right off the bat? I thought her singing was fine, but I thought her unconfident mode voice would have been more upset and less nervous. Anyone know if she's done other roles under different aliases? I can't find anything at all.