AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=79936)

HayashiTakara 2009-04-01 05:18

Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)

So whos playing this game? This game is digital crack, I've ignored personal hygene and my social life due to this game. So many things to do, dating, farming, crafting, cooking, fishing, monster slaying, monster raising, marriage. It has it all.

Link to Official Website:

http://www.runefactoryfrontier.com/

With 12 different girls to go after, the replay value is high. You can even cheat on them if/when you get married, but getting caught is... well lets say you end up face down by a river somewhere lol.

lovelysan 2009-04-01 05:25

Honestly, this is one of the few games that make me a bit sad I don't own a Wii. I just love the look of it, and it looks super interesting as well.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-01 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelysan (Post 2312210)
Honestly, this is one of the few games that make me a bit sad I don't own a Wii. I just love the look of it, and it looks super interesting as well.

Tis a shame, its such a great game

AnimeFangirl 2009-04-01 07:32

Having played and finished Rune Factory 1 & 2 repeatedly, this game is at the top of my To Buy list for the Wii. I tend to buy Harvest Moon games almost by default, but this is something I especially want to get my hands on. Unfortunately I won't have the budget for another month or two ;__; hopefully the price will have gone down a bit then too.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-01 07:39

I doubt it'll go down in that short period of time...

AnimeFangirl 2009-04-01 11:25

I'm thinking used copies. I rarely buy games new.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-01 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 2312687)

Is saving 5 bucks really a big of a deal? XD

AnimeFangirl 2009-04-02 05:24

Little drops of water and all that. Unless the new game comes with a soundtrack or some other goodies.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-02 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 2314430)
Little drops of water and all that. Unless the new game comes with a soundtrack or some other goodies.

no... unfortunately... It's a shame though, I love the artwork in this game... I wish I had an artbook.

Benoit 2009-04-02 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 2312687)

I like the 'bargain bin'. I buy most games thanks to it. :)

HayashiTakara 2009-04-03 08:20

I guess this game is under most peoples radar than I thought.... Its such a shame =_=

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-04-03 19:00

I just dioscovered this game at Gemstop one day and it looked interesting enough. I did some resaerch and now I'm really bent on getting it. I'll probably pick it up on Sunday or something. It looks like there is so much to do and one source said it like 100+ hours of gameplay. I do love games with high replay value.

denice25 2009-04-03 23:01

such a nice game.. i enjoy playing it!

HayashiTakara 2009-04-04 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki (Post 2318124)
I just dioscovered this game at Gemstop one day and it looked interesting enough. I did some resaerch and now I'm really bent on getting it. I'll probably pick it up on Sunday or something. It looks like there is so much to do and one source said it like 100+ hours of gameplay. I do love games with high replay value.

So far I clocked about 100 hrs and I just got doing my first year =_= and completed 2 dungeons... its a very long game and i dont even wanna think about doing the mulitiple playthroughs to see all the marriages @_@

Spectacular_Insanity 2009-04-04 03:12

Looks interesting. Since I have a Wii, I might rent it.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-04 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 2318884)
Looks interesting. Since I have a Wii, I might rent it.

Rent? I don't think theres enough time on a rental to fully enjoy it XD

Unless of course your video store has a long rental policy.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-04-04 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 2318868)
So far I clocked about 100 hrs and I just got doing my first year =_= and completed 2 dungeons... its a very long game and i dont even wanna think about doing the mulitiple playthroughs to see all the marriages @_@

Holey crud. Now I defenitely want this game. The only game I've ever played thats had thats even come close what your saying about this game with the amount of gameplay hours with actual stuff thats left to do is Burnout Paradise. I've maybe gotten close to or a little over 100 hours with that, somewhere between 85 to 105 hours.

CybEssen 2009-04-04 13:54

I would totally buy this... if I had a Wii. I love Harvest Moon games/spinoffs, I still remember playing Harvest Moon on my SNES way back in the day, and the one on Gameboy. Good times.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-04 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki (Post 2319385)
Holey crud. Now I defenitely want this game. The only game I've ever played thats had thats even come close what your saying about this game with the amount of gameplay hours with actual stuff thats left to do is Burnout Paradise. I've maybe gotten close to or a little over 100 hours with that, somewhere between 85 to 105 hours.

This game is a go on your own pace type of game, you can advance the story line or just do stuff first before advancing the story. So technically it can be as long as you want it to be. Of course to enjoy all there is to do in this game like getting all the best equips, dating, marriage and such, it can be very long. I imagine unlocking everything is gonna be a few hundred hours...

They have a memories option where you can view all video clips and anime stills. So far I only have 4 stills and about 12 out of 30 clips.

AnimeFangirl 2009-04-06 05:54

You're making me want this game more and more. The last three HM games I played were all minor disappointments (Island of Happiness, Shining Sun & Friends, Welcome to the Wind's Bazaar), and there's nothing else on the Wii that I want right now, so this might be just what I need. Gotta save a little more then I can splurge.