AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Girls und Panzer (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112312)

Endless Soul 2012-10-11 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddo-kun (Post 4391480)
Watched episode 1 today.
The characters are likeable, and the tank action is ok.

The german used in the subs gives a weird feeling, but I got used to it rather quickly.
Going to watch the rest of this for sure.

EDIT: I was wondering. Are the tanks used in this anime, copied from real tanks? :confused:

Yes. :)

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Also, I believe that carrier is based on the Shōkaku.

Endless "Armor Enthusiast" Soul

gaiar31 2012-10-11 10:06

Girls und Panzer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer

Character

http://pocketonline.net/g2engine/d/129475-1/02_081.jpg

Julio C 2012-10-11 12:37

I wasn't going to pick this show up, but I decided to check out the first episode and I like it. The characters are nice and the tank action look pretty cool. I might watch the rest. I hope we see injuries and deaths in this anime.

Sumeragi 2012-10-11 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4391718)
I hope we see injuries and deaths in this anime.

I believe you're looking at the wrong genre.

MeisterBabylon 2012-10-11 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4391718)
I wasn't going to pick this show up, but I decided to check out the first episode and I like it. The characters are nice and the tank action look pretty cool. I might watch the rest. I hope we see injuries and deaths in this anime.

Turn back before you've wasted XXX amount of your life! Much rather anticipate these complaints now.

Liddo-kun 2012-10-11 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4391567)

Thanks for the detailed info. :)

ZeKeR 2012-10-11 18:39

seriously... the StuG III? with flags and dat bright color? DAFUQ. why would they do that to a freakin' low profile, turretless and supposed to be inconspicuous assault gun/tank?

Julio C 2012-10-11 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4391808)

Well I'm not expecting it, but it would be funny given the atmosphere presented.

NoemiChan 2012-10-11 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaiar31 (Post 4391583)
Girls und Panzer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer

Character

http://pocketonline.net/g2engine/d/129475-1/02_081.jpg

Wow.. they even labelled everyone as female.. As if we expect any males students in an all girls school... or are there???

Scarletknive 2012-10-11 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4392163)
Wow.. they even labelled everyone as female.. As if we expect any males students in an all girls school... or are there???

There is no way that there will have boys on the run(Maybe as spectators looking at girls fighting with Tanks.), since in the first place, we know this show is called Girls und Panzers.

Also, what kind of ship can carry a city?

novalysis 2012-10-12 05:01

What went through the mind of the creator of this monstrosity?

It has the Saccharine cuteness and positiveness of K-on, crossed with Tanks. In a school on-top of a Cruise Ship, in a bizzaro world.

We are definitely not suppose to take this anime with a single modicum of seriousness.

And I have a suspicion that our MC accidentally and literally killed a team during one of her matches.

Insane 2012-10-12 05:13

Still i don't understand why it is a tradition, want to make men look like pussy instead? A bit of error there I supposed, since Churchill and Matilda II are all infantry tanks, that means they are meant to fight infantry, why would the tanks go after another tank? Still it is nice, so I am gonna continue watching it. Everyone love tanks.

NoemiChan 2012-10-12 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4392706)
Still i don't understand why it is a tradition, want to make men look like pussy instead? A bit of error there I supposed, since Churchill and Matilda II are all infantry tanks, that means they are meant to fight infantry, why would the tanks go after another tank? Still it is nice, so I am gonna continue watching it. Everyone love tanks.

Guess heavy tanks for the big boys... or MOThers!!!!:twitch:

MeisterBabylon 2012-10-12 06:15

Heavy tanks for MILFs.

Ships are mixed gender craft because everyone lives on them.

That means, boys fly Lightnings!

And yeeeees creative juices are flowing. :D

Midonin 2012-10-12 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by novalysis (Post 4392694)
We are definitely not suppose to take this anime with a single modicum of seriousness

You'd be surprised what a person can become invested in. If everything is viewed through a lens of "this must be a parody/I'm sure this isn't supposed to be taken seriously", that can be a bit of a roadblock at times.

NK_500 2012-10-12 09:52

Will we see a King Tiger tank and Panther in this show?

D-Joe 2012-10-12 10:27

EP2 Preview
http://girls-und-panzer.jp/story_02.html

Julio C 2012-10-12 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4391567)

I never realized that tanks were that small during that era. Were most of the tanks that small during WWII era?

4Tran 2012-10-12 14:18

Going over the shots again, it looks like the Student President is in the 38(t) instead of the Japanese tank. What was confusing is that they're missing a crew member. The Type 89 looks to be crewed by the volleyball team.

I think that I know why the Japanese are so bad at building and using tanks now - instead of Heinz, they have a tank commander by the name of Erwin. One of these two wrote Actung-Panzer!, while the other wrote Infantry Attacks.

Does anyone know the references for Oryou and Saemonza?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4391808)

I'm pretty sure I can remember lots of casualties and battlefield losses in Saki ;). Is tank combat somehow less dangerous?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeKeR (Post 4392062)
seriously... the StuG III? with flags and dat bright color? DAFUQ. why would they do that to a freakin' low profile, turretless and supposed to be inconspicuous assault gun/tank?

Those aren't banners - they're sashimono. Who'd go into battle without sashimono? Besides, everyone would shoot at the pink M3 first anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4392706)

The interwar British tank doctrine was to have slow and heavily-armored infantry tanks to support infantry units and fast cavalry tanks to support cavalry units. The Matilda II's 40mm main gun does not fire HE rounds, so it's used primarily in anti-armor roles.

Even though the British doctrine was completely unworkable, they still ended up with the best tank built during the war (even though it never saw any combat).

Quote:

Originally Posted by NK_500 (Post 4392950)
Will we see a King Tiger tank and Panther in this show?

I'm hoping for (and will never get) a Centurion and an ISIII.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4393127)
I never realized that tanks were that small during that era. Were most of the tanks that small during WWII era?

The STuG III is 5.40m x 2.95m x 1.85m while a modern M1A2 is 7.93m x 3.66m x 2.44m. The STuG III is one of the smallest AFVs, while something like the M3 is much larger at 5.64m x 2.72m x 3.12m (!).

LeoXiao 2012-10-12 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 4393244)
The STuG III is 5.40m x 2.95m x 1.85m while a modern M1A2 is 7.93m x 3.66m x 2.44m. The STuG III is one of the smallest AFVs, while something like the M3 is much larger at 5.64m x 2.72m x 3.12m (!).

Well, to be fair things like the Pz 35 and 38, the PzII,a nd the BT series were pretty tiny.

Here's a Pz. I and a Koenigstiger turret.