AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Twitter (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102701)

Shiroth 2011-03-15 16:57

Twitter

Did a search and couldn't find anything, so i'm sorry if there's already a thread.

I already know a good selection of people here on the forums who use Twitter, though there has to be more, so who else out there enjoys a good tweet? :p

Myself: Shiroth

Kyuu 2011-03-15 18:28

Eh. I barely update my status in Facebook. Therefore, I have no need for Twitter. That is despite having a Twitter account of my own. I just don't feel the need to dump my random thoughts 24/7, when something like Facebook or your typical anime forum would suffice.

SilverSyko 2011-03-15 18:44

Do people REALLY care what others are doing every minute of the day? I personally find it an entirely pointless idea, but I guess it has some merit when it comes to companies and such.

I'd rather just stick with a forum.

whitepearl 2011-03-15 19:52

I find Twitter to be better than FB only because it doesn't contain the overload of information.

If you have a lot of friends on Twitter, you will get more out of it from the interactions they make with your tweets.

cyth 2011-03-15 20:11

If you have any enemies, Twitter is great for trolling purposes. :P

Stefkov 2011-03-15 20:12

The way I perceive it is Facebook is for friends, Twitter is for hobbies.
I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and some friends.
Twitter I follow people who I think are interesting, people who tweet crap about anime, manga and games, and I also follow Marina Inoue, Ken Akamatsu and others amongst the few famous Japanese that are on there. It's not that I want to stalk them, it's just cool seeing this person who voices your favourite characters or creates your favourite manga doing other things...
I dunno, I like them both, they have their uses. I wouldn't use one or the other, I use them in tandem.

Vexx 2011-03-15 21:42

Quote:

A survey of 285 engineers found 85% don't use Twitter. "I don't really care what you had for breakfast' best summed it up. -- EE Times
Personally, I use it to follow a few publishers but I rarely use it for anything, much less status updates on my moments of the day. In case of catastrophe, its another possible channel.... maybe I should recreate my old shortwave radio shed.

-KarumA- 2011-03-16 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3532959)
Do people REALLY care what others are doing every minute of the day? I personally find it an entirely pointless idea, but I guess it has some merit when it comes to companies and such.

I'd rather just stick with a forum.

I agree on it, I don't do any of those social site things (facebook etc.). Mostly because I don't care about what people post on it 90% of the times. And too many pretend it is one huge popularity contest :/

Tsuyoshi 2011-03-16 05:59

I already use FB, and the only reason is just to talk to people I know are NEVER on msn. I wouldn't use it at all otherwise and rarely look at people's posts or make posts of my own. One social network site's more than enough for me, don't really feel the need for another :p

NorthernFallout 2011-03-16 07:04

I almost never tweet anymore, as I don't really have anything to so say. However, Twitter is unprecedented when it comes to updates regarding games or news. Not to mention I can follow several of my favourite authors/creators on there, which provides an interesting look into their minds (at times). I might have like 3 random "friends" on there, which I almost never talk to anyway.

Atm, though, I'm mainly using it to follow news of Japan.

Jeffry2009 2011-03-16 11:26

I sometimes used Twitter to find out what's goin on.

Shiroth 2011-03-16 12:14

Didn't really make the thread for people to bash Twitter, but okay.

I use Twitter to keep in touch with my friends around the world, and have conversations with them. Sure i also follow famous people, though i don't see any problems with that.

GreatTeacherKen 2011-03-16 17:57

I had a Twitter account once but I deleted it because I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say; not to mention that I usually don't write status updates on facebook unless something really interesting happens to me. =/

Kakashi 2011-03-16 18:16

I'm considering joining Twitter. I don't think a whole lot of my friends have a twitter account but it is pretty cool for following various well known figures I've grown to respect over the years.

Kaze 2011-03-16 18:26

I have a twitter account
I use it to follow people I'd like to know about

Mostly I just follow the twitter news now, with the quake and all

I like Twitter more than Facebook

Miyuki-ism 2011-03-16 18:32

KasaioniAlex, but I hardly ever say much. I could. I mostly use Twitter for news, fun facts and too see what my favourite artists are up to. (Looking at you Duran Duran ;) )

darkchibi07 2011-03-16 22:50

Pretty heavy Twitter user here (check my sig). I post Tweets on stuff I would NEVER post in any forums plus quick comments on series I'm watching right now. Plus I tweet some pretty hilarious pics.

germanturkey 2011-03-16 23:23

here's my twitter
https://twitter.com/MrA_Wong

i don't really post much, except when it comes to soccer or something. though i want to tweet one day straight of just everything that comes to my mind. could be fun i think..

Magin 2011-03-17 01:50

As I like to think of it, Twitter is for twits.

That being said, I really don't think it's a bad thing. I personally don't use it, though I know tons of people do (and I know that there's a lot of mangaka who use twitter). I just see it as another MySpace or Facebook. And I've practically dropped MySpace. Should Facebook ever become obsolete, then maybe I'll think about using Twitter. Otherwise... well, is it really necessary to know every minute of a person's life?

Jeffry2009 2011-03-17 02:16

By the way guys, here's my twitter account:

http://twitter.com/JafriZin2009