AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shin Sekai Yori (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117283)

relentlessflame 2013-01-11 16:32

Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shin Sekai Yori, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

NoemiChan 2013-01-11 16:42

I wonder what will happen to this episode. I really don't feel comfortable with those rats in the preview. By amazing they have armor already.. Mini samurais....

What happen to Mamoru and Maria anyway...

kuromitsu 2013-01-11 16:43

That was fast!! :D

So, again: NAMIKAWA DAISUKE IS GOD seriously, I had chills running up and down my spine every time he spoke.

NoemiChan 2013-01-11 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuromitsu (Post 4508938)
That was fast!! :D

So, again: NAMIKAWA DAISUKE IS GOD seriously, I had chills running up and down my spine every time he spoke.

Don't torment me. It might not have the same effect on me. Anyway, who is NAMIKAWA DAISUKE ?

Tokkan 2013-01-11 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4508972)
Don't torment me. It might not have the same effect on me. Anyway, who is NAMIKAWA DAISUKE ?

The voice of Squealer. Also was the voice of Schrade Elan, Yu Narukami, Waver Velvet among others.

Kanon 2013-01-12 09:10

That freaking Squealer makes my skin crawl. What he and his brethrens did to their Queen was horrifying. Saki pondered what would happen if they did the same to a human... Maria's future fate? That would be dreadful. Sadly, I think it's quite likely to happen. A rebellion is brewing and Queerats will need that kind of "weapon" if they want to stand a chance against the humans.

Blaat 2013-01-12 09:31

Squealer is Maximilien de Robespierre :heh:

Anyway an excellent episode, I'm really excited for the next episode.

deadsea 2013-01-12 09:47

Squealer give me give me chills, and the queen ....I cant wait to see the next ep, Please find Maria-Mamoru quickly u.u. Also nice civilization development.

EroKing 2013-01-12 09:50

Certainly has the feeling of them building Squealer as the last boss :uhoh:

CJ_Walker 2013-01-12 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEroKing (Post 4509948)
Certainly has the feeling of them building Squealer as the last boss :uhoh:

especially after he read info about the humans in a book, and obviously had contact with a slug info dump machine, which means he knows about the weaknesses of the "gods." putting that together with the unions, and industry/concrete, small samurai and with what Satoru said, squealer seems to be more and more scarier.

ChronoReverse 2013-01-12 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4509914)
That freaking Squealer makes my skin crawl. What he and his brethrens did to their Queen was horrifying. Saki pondered what would happen if they did the same to a human... Maria's future fate? That would be dreadful. Sadly, I think it's quite likely to happen. A rebellion is brewing and Queerats will need that kind of "weapon" if they want to stand a chance against the humans.

I'm thinking using Mamoru/Maria/their kid as a controlled weapon that's unstoppable by the humans because of the killing block to overthrow the humans and replace them. It seems to me that's what they're telling us indirectly really hard.

Squealer's already totally manipulating them though. He doesn't believe in the gods at all. I bet he either knows where Maria/Mamoru are or he's sheltering them.

kuromitsu 2013-01-12 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 4510025)
Squealer's already totally manipulating them though. He doesn't believe in the gods at all. I bet he either knows where Maria/Mamoru are or he's sheltering them.

Squealer is so blatant about manipulating Saki and Satoru that even they notice it... :heh: This is the second time he used Satoru to win a battle.

And remember what Saki's dad told in one of the early episodes: most bakenezumi respect "gods" only because of their power. Squealer is a prime example of this, and a very dangerous one at that. (He's a villain of almost Shakespearean magnitude...)

ookamigirl 2013-01-12 12:03

So they managed to make their way to Robber Fly colony.
Along the way the found out some things there weren't pleasant.
Looks like the colony life is far from being simple.
Those two set out to find their friends but ended up finding other problems.
Their little search brought yet another colony war. This time with the Goat Months.
Squealer seems to be using those two to get more power.
Maria and Mamoru seemed to have left by their own will.

ChronoReverse 2013-01-12 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuromitsu (Post 4510042)
Squealer is so blatant about manipulating Saki and Satoru that even they notice it... :heh: This is the second time he used Satoru to win a battle.

Exactly, it's so obvious. But I don't think the kids realize full possibilities of the rats using humans against humans yet. They're already halfway there though because these aren't the usual clueless protagonists.

Haak 2013-01-12 13:38

Ugh...that Squealer...

The poetic irony is that his inhumanity is a representation of humanity.

Entravity 2013-01-12 14:39

Never liked Squealer and I don't intend to now. I'm surprise Saki and Satoru don't understand that they're being manipulated. Oh well, it's all about perspective.

Great episode, looking forward to the next.

kuromitsu 2013-01-12 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entravity (Post 4510212)
Never liked Squealer and I don't intend to now. I'm surprise Saki and Satoru don't understand that they're being manipulated. Oh well, it's all about perspective.

They understand, it's just, what can they do about it? Squealer put them into a situation where they had no choice. I guess they could be more assertive and go "no more of this bullshit *crackle of power*", but given their background and the fact that they're still very young, I think their reactions are not surprising. Meanwhile, Squealer is older and much craftier than them.

motibilli 2013-01-12 17:59

wherever the story is going one thing's for sure this show will ever remain a 'mystery' 15 episodes 15 weeks so far and we still dont fully get it and keep guessing. Just that "unfulfilled" "guessing" feeling doesnt seem to go away and there are only 9 episodes left. So the ending will definitely leave alot of unanswered questions.

Honestly im starting to not care about the 'mystery' and 'what ifs' now. EVERY episode is "oh no they didnt" or "oh no dreadful event approaching". After 15 weeks im getting a little tired of it.

NoemiChan 2013-01-12 19:47

The Rat is a good politician....and an ugly one visually... Never thought he'll be a Warlord.

Guardian Enzo 2013-01-12 21:46

Namikawa Daisuke in 2012: Waver, Hisoka, Squealer. This man has serious talent.