AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The 2009 Re-Launch of Haruhi Suzumiya (General Discussion) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82440)

relentlessflame 2009-06-06 19:56

The 2009 Re-Launch of Haruhi Suzumiya (General Discussion)

Beginning in April 2009, Kadokawa re-launched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime, re-airing the series in the order in which chapters appeared in the light novels, and adding new episodes to fill in the gaps left by the initial airing in 2006. The re-launch is currently rumoured to contain 28 episodes (this has not yet been confirmed). DVDs will be released beginning in August 2009.

This thread is to discuss, in general, this re-launch of the anime, including the structure of the new re-telling, the episodes that will be covered, and so on. It can be considered one of the spiritual successors to the Second Season Speculation thread that begin in 2007. To discuss and speculate in general about future episodes of the show, including about episodes that may come in potential future seasons, please consult the Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation thread.

LumpOfCole 2009-06-06 21:50

So guys, do you think there will be a third season?

;)

swtrooper42 2009-06-06 21:52

Yeah, in 3 more years.

wittyusername 2009-06-06 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by swtrooper42 (Post 2439072)
Yeah, in 3 more years.

At some point wouldn't it have to be shifted to four years, if they wanted to say that the three year delay was a ~symbolism~ thing and not an attempt to keep milking the series without having to release any new content?

spawnofthejudge 2009-06-06 22:01

So here's an on-topic question: We have a new ED, which by itself can tell us, if we ever forget, which run each episode in this relaunch came from. But will we get a new OP? Will all of the new episodes forgo an OP?

I think we're not, as I think the change of ED is a cute way of identification, and if they use an OP for any more episodes they'll use the old one. That way will (would?) be more cohesive for the relaunch and tie it all together nicely, I think.

Tyabann 2009-06-06 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge (Post 2439086)
I think we're not, as I think the change of ED is a cute way of identification, and if they use an OP for any more episodes they'll use the old one. That way will (would?) be more cohesive for the relaunch and tie it all together nicely, I think.

Maybe, but I think they only reason we didn't get a new OP was BLR's running time.

Endless Eight is a long story too, so they may need to forego the OP there as well, but I'd think we'll be seeing a new one by the Sighs episodes. Or, depending on the tone of the new OP, we might only be seeing it for the Disappearance episodes.

I don't know yet.

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-06-06 22:07

I'm sure we'll be getting a new OP starting with Endless Eight. Chances are, they decided to forgo placing it with BLR to add to the surprise.

*e* Okay, ignore this post :heh:

Midonin 2009-06-06 22:10

There's nothing pointing to a new OP in any store listings. Then again, there was nothing pointing to "Tomare!"'s existence until the episode actually aired, so I have no clue.

bayoab 2009-06-06 23:41

I had thought someone had found what was likely the OP CD back when Tomare! had appeared. I'd also bet they are saving it for when they have back to back episodes and not just the one shots.

quigonkenny 2009-06-06 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2439099)
Maybe, but I think they only reason we didn't get a new OP was BLR's running time.

Endless Eight is a long story too, so they may need to forego the OP there as well, but I'd think we'll be seeing a new one by the Sighs episodes. Or, depending on the tone of the new OP, we might only be seeing it for the Disappearance episodes.

I don't know yet.

Agreed about "Endless Eight". Considering how Sigh starts, I can definitely see them doing a cold open, so I wouldn't put much into it if there's no OP for the first ep, but if there is one, I think we can safely say there will be a full four episodes. If they try to squeeze it into three, they're going to have to cut stuff as it is, and BLR showed that the OP is the first thing to go.

That's independent of whether said OP is new, but I think it will be. Too much opportunity to get otaku money from a new musical release, and I don't see "Tomare" carrying a single. Considering the subject matter of the remaining episodes, maybe we'll get to hear Minorin sing lead on it.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoab (Post 2439221)
I had thought someone had found what was likely the OP CD back when Tomare! had appeared. I'd also bet they are saving it for when they have back to back episodes and not just the one shots.

"Endless Eight" should be back to back with the Sigh episodes, but as Kaisos suggested, E8 is another BLR-length chapter, so a missing OP is likely.

On a different note, I worked the math recently and four episodes for Sigh seems most likely to me unless they cut the whole Mikuru x Patrón scene, which they won't since it's so central to the novel. They may change the details of it, though, to keep Mikuru from violating any liquor laws.

Assuming Disappearance gets five, as expected, that most likely puts us at "Where Did the Cat Go?" for the season ender, likely with a tease for the Intrigues prologue, or even a fair portion of it outright depending upon how much of it we'll have seen already from when it happened the first time, and how much they can slim "NekoDoko" down.

If that last paragraph confused anyone, (re)read the novels.

Jintor 2009-06-07 01:04

So, someone tell me how long until we get moar new things.

I need new things.

quigonkenny 2009-06-07 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jintor (Post 2439319)
So, someone tell me how long until we get moar new things.

I need new things.

Well all you have to do is read back a page or so and...oh yeah.

My speculation for this season, since I haven't posted it yet (although I think it's more or less identical to one of the others):

Code:

1.        Melancholy I                        4/2/09
2.        Melancholy II                        4/9/09
3.        Melancholy III                        4/16/09
4.        Melancholy IV                        4/23/09
5.        Melancholy V                        4/30/09
6.        Melancholy VI                        5/7/09
7.        Boredom                                5/14/09
8.        Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody                5/21/09
9.        Mysterique Sign                        5/28/09
10.        Remote Island Syndrome I        6/4/09
11.        Remote Island Syndrome II        6/11/09
12.        Endless Eight                        6/18/09
13.        Sigh I                                6/25/09
14.        Sigh II                                7/2/09
15.        Sigh III                        7/9/09
16.        Sigh IV                                7/16/09
17.        Asahina Mikuru's Adventure 00        7/23/09
18.        Live A Live                        7/30/09
19.        The Day of Sagittarius                8/6/09
20.        Someday in the Rain                8/13/09
21.        Disappearance I                        8/20/09
22.        Disappearance II                8/27/09
23.        Disappearance III                9/3/09
24.        Disappearance IV                9/10/09
25.        Disappearance V                        9/17/09
26.        Charmed at First Sight LOVER        9/24/09
27.        Snow Mountain Syndrome                10/1/09
28.        Where Did the Cat Go?                10/8/09

New episodes are in bitalics, and already aired episodes (to date) are crossed out.

Tyabann 2009-06-07 01:36

Really think they can do Snow Mountain in one episode?

quigonkenny 2009-06-07 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2439352)
Really think they can do Snow Mountain in one episode?

I hope they can. It's the only way I can see them fitting "Charmed at First Sight" in unless they shorten either Sigh or Disappearance (frankly, Disappearance could fit into four episodes easier than Sigh could into three). Although it would make fitting the Intrigues prologue into NekoDoko easier if the whole snow "thing" was one big three episode amalgam. No way that first half of the prologue is near a full episode, and it fits way better with the end of the snow trip than it does with the rest of the Intrigues prologue, seeing at it occurs immediately after.

dnab 2009-06-07 02:42

According to yet another schedule speculation list being floated about (originated from Japanese bulletins and supposedly leaked from a TV station [implicit disclaimers applied]), the list is more or less the same as above except in episode counts-

3 eps for Sigh
4 eps for Disappearance
2 eps for Snow Mountain
and 1 originally titled episode at #28 (Disappearance Epilogue) that's most likely the prologue of vol.7, some original materials, and/or cliffhanger leading to Intrigues.

I'm personally rooting for this scenario because 1) seems ideal pacewise for each longish stories, and 2) an "original" episode in 09 would run in symmetry with the 06's Someday in the Rain, and who wouldn't want to see some/any new Tanigawa material having deprived for so long. Wishful thinking, yes. Facts, no.

kb7 2009-06-07 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge (Post 2439086)
So here's an on-topic question: We have a new ED, which by itself can tell us, if we ever forget, which run each episode in this relaunch came from. But will we get a new OP? Will all of the new episodes forgo an OP?

I doubt they will throw away the chance to make more profit with a new OP Single, so it's likely we will have a new one when the next episode comes. :)

Heatth 2009-06-07 03:20

I stil think that "Where Did the Cat Go?" isn't a good episode to end a Season. Naturaly, ending in Disappearance would be the "best" (for dramaticly). Hopefully, this is not going to happen.

The prologue of Intrigues would be better, but then Disappearance or Sigh would have to be shortened.

How do you think would work Disappearence in 4 episodes or Sighs in 3?

For Disappearence would be like this, a suppose:

Disappearence Part I - prologue and chapter 1 and 2 (all short chapters)
Disappearence Part II - chapter 2 and 3 (chapter 3 is very big)
Disappearence Part III - chapter 3 and 4
Disappearence Part IV - chapter 5 and 6 and epilogue (here is where mey be rushed, no OP for this, certainly)

Tyabann 2009-06-07 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatth (Post 2439521)
I stil think that "Where Did the Cat Go?" isn't a good episode to end a Season.

The DVD episodes of the original run ended on Someday in the Rain.

Not every finale has to be epic, ya know.

In fact, I think that since "The SOS Brigade doing fun things together" is a core theme behind Haruhi, I'd think that Where Did the Cat Go? is a fine place to end this season.

Heatth 2009-06-07 04:02

But it was a DVD, not the the Broadcast. It is diferent.

The entire point of the original anachronical order was have a epic finale.

Tyabann 2009-06-07 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatth (Post 2439562)
But it was a DVD, not the the Broadcast. It is diferent.

The entire point of the original anachronical order was have a epic finale.

But this is chronological order. It's not going to have an epic finale.