AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Appleseed XIII (2011) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102526)

Weils 2011-03-09 01:18

Appleseed XIII (2011)

Starting a new thread for this:

Appleseed XIII (アップルシード XIII)

Former thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63282

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...eous/app13.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z.../app13logo.jpg

From ANN:
Appleseed XIII is a new retelling of Masamune Shirow's Appleseed future paramilitary manga, separate from Kazuyoshi Katayama's previous original video anime and Shinji Aramaki's two computer-animated movies. This latest adaptation will be composed of 13 22-minute direct-to-video CG anime episodes, plus two feature-length compilation films of the episodes.

Plot:
In the wake of the destruction of a worldwide non-nuclear war, the city Olympus has become the control center of the world. Run by Bioroids (cloned humans made from only the best DNA), it is defended from terrorists by special military forces. Among these are former LAPD SWAT member Deunan Knute and her multipurpose cyborg partner Briareos. They face a challenge from the Human Liberation Front and its terrorist underbelly the Argonauts. The leader of this group, Al Ceides, supposedly died 20 years ago in an attack on Poseidon, but now his shadow emerges once again.

Staff:
Creator, Original Character Design: Masamune Shirow
Director: Takayuki Hamana (Prince of Tennis, Moshidora)
Series Composition: Junichi Fujisaku (GITS: Stand Alone Complex, Blood+, Otogizōshi, Real Drive)
Screenplay: Jun'ichi Fujisaku, Eiji Umehara,Taishirou Tanimura, Yoshiki Sakurai
Character Design: Takayuki Goto
Mechanical design: Atsushi Takeuchi
Assistant Director: Kazunobu Fusegi
Art Director: Masanobu Nomura
Technical Director: Bungo Iwai
Editor: Junichi Uematsu
Background Art: Studio Bihou
Prop Design: Ryou Hirata
Theme Song/Music: Conisch
Music Production: Starchild Records, Rakuonsha
Music Director: Youta Tsuruoka
Planning: Micott & Basara
Animation Production: Jinni's Animation Studios
Animation Production Assistance: Production I.G

Original broadcast date: 2011-06-13
DVD & Blu-ray release: 2011-07-06

Cast:
Maaya Sakamoto as Deunan Knute
Kouichi Yamadera as Briareos Hecatonchires

- The official website for the Appleseed XIII anime announced on Friday that the series will debut simultaneously in Japanese theaters, on the Internet, and on Blu-ray Disc this June.
- The "theatrical remix version" of the first half of the story, Appleseed XIII ~Yuigon~, will open in theaters in Tokyo and Osaka on June 13, followed by a theatrical run in Nagoya starting June 27. During the theatrical release of the film, a limited edition of the first Blu-ray volume will be sold exclusively at theaters showing the film. The second film, Appleseed XIII ~Yogen~ will open in Tokyo on October 24 and then in Nagoya on November 7.
- The regular first volume of the anime will then ship with three episodes on Blu-ray and DVD on July 6. (The Blu-ray version will bundle a 48-page deluxe book.) All 13 episodes will also be streamed online.

Trailer:

j0x 2011-03-09 01:27

wo for a TV series the CGI for this is not bad at all, its looking good this is a must watch

EDIT:

aw its not a TV series but a direct-to-video that means DVD and BluRay releases right?

orion 2011-03-09 12:26

Coloring seems to be different from the last 2 movies.

Shiroth 2011-03-09 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 3523968)
Coloring seems to be different from the last 2 movies.

Well yeah, it's a whole new project.

Shame to hear this won't be airing in April as it was originally planned, though i can wait an extra few months for it. Loving what we see in the trailer.

orion 2011-03-09 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3524032)
Well yeah, it's a whole new project.

But Briareos looks like he got dusted with flour.

Shiroth 2011-03-09 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 3524229)
But Briareos looks like he got dusted with flour.

Yet again, it's a brand new project. There's supposed to be changes.

ars89 2011-03-09 18:05

so the first 3 eps are out in july, but has there been any details about the release dates of the other eps?

bloodtype 2011-06-16 22:26

episode 1 has released right :(
found at torrent (RAW)..
:eyebrow:

Tetra Vaal 2011-06-16 23:09

I was hoping there would be a new trailer, as some of the shots in the first one look unfinished and murky. I still have hope for the series seeing as Production IG never really seems to disappoint.

faythz 2011-06-16 23:17

this Trailer? :heh:

Tetra Vaal 2011-06-16 23:25

Is it just me, or does that trailer look like it has an increased framerate?

Rannta 2011-06-17 00:22

The raw is out buy no one fansubbed the first episode.

creb 2011-06-21 22:00

Shouldn't this be in "Current Series"? :p

Though, I don't think anyone has indicated they are going to sub this (first episode has been out almost a week now, though it's a really crappy raw) , so it'd probably just wither away and die over there anyways. :(

faythz 2011-06-22 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by creb (Post 3661631)
Shouldn't this be in "Current Series"? :p

Though, I don't think anyone has indicated they are going to sub this (first episode has been out almost a week now, though it's a really crappy raw) , so it'd probably just wither away and die over there anyways. :(

maybe they waiting for blu-ray disc release , because it's seem pointless to sub crappy raw and made people to not bother to download it

Om Nerabdator 2011-06-22 06:38

well i hope something happens soon

mikezilla2 2011-06-26 23:29

drat , the last thing i want to do is to have to watch it unsubdued sigh , has there been any mention on IRC or anywhere what so ever ?

DangerMouse 2011-06-27 02:34

I hope that's the case that they are just waiting for the first bd, I'd really like to see this so I hope some sub group picks it up.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2011-06-27 04:03

As a fan of the manga, I suspect people are just waiting to see if the show is any good or not before downloading it. Haruhi knows we have been disappointed too many times already.

mikezilla2 2011-07-09 21:34

any clue on who would sub it ?

creb 2011-07-20 22:06

Subs are out. Time to move thread to "Current Series"?

Spoiler for Episode 1 Thoughts:

Anyways, definitely a series I'll be following