AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Root Double (from the director of the Infinity series) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99472)

GundamAce 2010-12-03 18:09

Root Double (from the director of the Infinity series)

Today, Takumi Nakazawa (the director of games like Never7, Ever17, Remember11, I/O, and Myself;Yourself), posted on his blog the link to the new Visual Novel he's directing, √w (I have no clue what it means, BTW: "Square Root of W"?) There's no real information besides the fact that it will be a Sci-fi/Suspense VN, much like the Infinity series.

http://www.yetigame.jp/w/w.html

(This is the teaser site. The official site should be up on the 27th.)

Official site link:

http://www.yetigame.jp/w/

Translation of the teaser site:

Quote:

(First page)

"They will be herded together like prisoners in a dungeon. They will be shut up in prison and be punished after many days."
-Isaiah 24:22

(Second page)
Genre: SF Suspense ADV
Original Idea: Takumi Nakazawa
Character Designer: ???

(Third page)
The path is cut off to the lost nine's memories

(Fourth page)
Remaining time

Before

Only six days until collapse

After

Only 9 hours until death

(Last page)
The end of the coldhearted dream. The beginning of the cruel truth.
Thoughts? Even though there's practically no information on it yet, I am really looking forward to this.

Hooves 2010-12-03 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamAce (Post 3374820)
Today, Takumi Nakazawa (the director of games like Never7, Ever17, Remember11, I/O, and Myself;Yourself), posted on his blog the link to the new Visual Novel he's directing, √w (I have no clue what it means, BTW: "Square Root of W"?) There's no real information besides the fact that it will be a Sci-fi/Suspense VN, much like the Infinity series.

http://www.yetigame.jp/w/w.html

Thoughts? Even though there's practically no information on it yet, I am really looking forward to this.

:eyespin: I would give my thoughts about it, but very hard to tell alone what the site says at all :heh:

But the name "Square Root of W" compared to Takumi's previous work seems to be getting me curious what this is about.. Of course I'm not expecting it to actually talk about the Square Root of W... Or will it? Just really have nothing to say until more information is said about it :p

ramengud 2010-12-03 18:16

Looking forward to this. Hopefully there will be more info on this soon. Is there a probable release date for this? Just bought 999 (Damn, it was very hard to find, good thing there's amazon) and will probably start playing it soon.

Tyabann 2010-12-03 18:17

Wha, this came out of nowhere.

Hope it's as good as Ever17 and not like, ah, some of the other Infinity games.

Hooves 2010-12-03 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramengud (Post 3374843)
Looking forward to this. Hopefully there will be more info on this soon. Is there a probable release date for this? Just bought 999 (Damn, it was very hard to find, good thing there's amazon) and will probably start playing it soon.

December 27, I believe I saw that during the little sequence from the site.

GundamAce 2010-12-03 18:23

Depending on how things go, I might try translating this one too someday, but for now, I'll stick with doing Never7, 12Riven, and I/O. I wonder if this one will take place in the same timeline as the Infinity series too?

ramengud 2010-12-03 18:31

By the way, I haven't seen it in the website, but is there info on what platform it would be released? Most of the Regista's releases were either on the PS2 or PSP. Hopefully it will be on the PC. I also hope that it will be as good as Ever 17.

GundamAce 2010-12-03 18:34

Judging from Nakazawa and Regista's previous track record, probably the PS2, but it might get a later re-release for the PC.

GundamAce 2010-12-03 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3374850)
December 27, I believe I saw that during the little sequence from the site.

Actually, that's the date the official site will be up, the link is just to a teaser site.

ramengud 2010-12-03 18:37

Hopefully it won't be too long for the re-release. If I remember it right, I/O PC version was released 2 to 3 years after the PS2 version. Better yet, it will be released on the PC. Just wishing and hoping.

GundamAce 2010-12-03 18:38

Well, we're still waiting on information, so we'll see.

Hooves 2010-12-03 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamAce (Post 3374882)
Actually, that's the date the official site will be up, the link is just to a teaser site.

Oh, I suppose that counts :heh:

GundamAce 2010-12-03 22:33

BTW, here's a picture of the sillouettes of the characters, taken from the video:

http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=36131

I can't really tell from the sillouettes, but they seem younger than most of Nakazawa's typical casts- with the exception of the man in the center.

Tyabann 2010-12-04 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamAce (Post 3375170)
I can't really tell from the sillouettes, but they seem younger than most of Nakazawa's typical casts- with the exception of the man in the center.

Looks about the same as Myself;Yourself to me. Looks like the same character designer, too.

4as 2010-12-04 10:48

The title is quite interesting.
Its most definitely square root, but what does W mean?
Perhaps Watts or Work (in physics). Tho, My first thought was 4th dimension (XYZW), which usually is referred to as space-time. So I guess business as usual for Infinity series.
Also, something tells me that professor dude in the middle will die at the start of the game and you cant save him :S

GundamAce 2010-12-04 11:23

Yeah, I figured that "W" was probably a physics term or something like that. On Nakazawa's blog, he says one of his interests is science (not that the Infinity series didn't make that obvious enough), so it's probably something like that.

As for the professor dude, I'm thinking one of three options for him.

1. He'll be a seemingly minor character who turns out to be the main villain in the end.

2. He'll be a Yomogi-esque, "Wise Old Man" character.

3. He'll have a supporting role with some major influence on the plot, but won't really do that much.

Hooves 2010-12-04 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamAce (Post 3375968)
Yeah, I figured that "W" was probably a physics term or something like that. On Nakazawa's blog, he says one of his interests is science (not that the Infinity series didn't make that obvious enough), so it's probably something like that.

As for the professor dude, I'm thinking one of three options for him.

1. He'll be a seemingly minor character who turns out to be the main villain in the end.

3. He'll have a supporting role with some major influence on the plot, but won't really do that much.

Are you talking about the guy that is clicking his glasses that is 6th in row if you go from left to right?

GundamAce 2010-12-04 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3376729)
Are you talking about the guy that is clicking his glasses that is 6th in row if you go from left to right?

Yes, I am.

Nihokon 2010-12-05 17:51

Quote:

Yeah, I figured that "W" was probably a physics term or something like that.

Well, at least W is the unit of power (Watt).

Hooves 2010-12-06 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narukahana (Post 3377970)
Well, at least W is the unit of power (Watt).

Sugoi... Never would have thought of the meaning of the W

Quote:

Ok then, I support this idea :heh: he is a "Wise Old Man" that will occasionally help the main lead throughout the game.