AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Destiny (New Bungie FPS) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117964)

SilverSyko 2013-02-18 21:37

Destiny

Now that Bungie is over and done with producing games for the Halo franchise, it's possible you may have been wondering what their next project is. Well it was just announced yesterday, a brand new FPS franchise called "Destiny".

The game will be published by Activision as part of a 10 year long business contract with Bungie, and unlike Halo, the game will be released for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

Announcement Trailer:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
No other details are available at this time, but the game won't be released until as early as next year.

--------------------------------------------

Personally I'm pretty interested in this game. Usually I don't like many FPS' as they tend to be very generic and repetitive most of the time, but I'm willing to give Bungie the benefit of the doubt considering they made Halo, which I would definitely play if it wasn't a 360 exclusive since I don't have and will never buy one.

kyp275 2013-02-18 23:53

TBH, it kinda reminds me of Dust 514 + Eve Online in what they're trying to accomplish, but in a more mainstream sense and in one game instead of two.

Jellal 2013-02-19 01:45

I'm not normally pessimistic, especially since this is Bungie we're talking about.
Jeez, but the plot sounds incredible shallow. Still, it's too early to tell, but I was expecting
something brilliant, especially considering that they sold Halo because they had something 'Genius' in the works.

Time will tell. I will say that the landscaping graphics look great.
Hopefully the gameplay will shed some light on how 'Great' this project is.

Tyabann 2013-02-19 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellal (Post 4559934)
Jeez, but the plot sounds incredible shallow.

That is shallow? :heh: What the hell do you consider not shallow?

Tokkan 2013-02-19 03:16

I wouldn't even call it the plot, it seems more like a small peak into what they've done thus far for world-building.

Zexas 2013-02-21 02:06

Destiny Coming to PS3 and PS4, PS-Exclusive Content

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-21 19:49

Truth be told I've pretty much burned out on my FPS already; I couldn't muster the motivation to finish Halo 4 or Bioshock, so why am I so hyped for this game?

Well certainly not for the shooting because it looks just the same as every other.

No, the reason why I'm looking forward to this game is because we get to exploration the freaking solar system :D Now it's one thing to have space exploration of made-up places like what we have in Mass Effect, but it's a whole other thing to be visiting places like Venus and Europa that we know exist :D And these concept arts of location looks awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/tz0ouIMl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eieTcIUl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Nk2jqVtl.jpg

...So yeah, meh for the shooting but Hellya for the exploration!

Alchemist007 2013-06-21 20:07

If my friends are up for it, I'll get it for my PS3, but I'd MUCH MUCH rather have it on PC.

Newprimus 2013-06-21 20:53

Well it's only slated for consoles, so pc-only users are out of luck.

And given the huge power difference between this and next gen and the fact that this is an mmo, meaning huge open world and long draw distances and details, I'd be pretty broke and desperate to get this on a current gen console.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-21 20:58

While you can play this PS3 and the Xboxes, both Bungie and Sony have been going *HINT HINT PS4 is the way to go HINT HINT* :heh:

Newprimus 2013-06-21 21:00

Yeah, I think Bungie, a long-time Microsoft-exclusive company, showing off footage of their game at Sony's event and not Microsoft's says a lot about where they're shifting their resources and alignment.

KleenexGhost 2013-06-21 21:07

Sorry, this is probably off-topic, but has Respawn said why Titanfall isn't coming out on PS3 or PS4?

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-21 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KleenexGhost (Post 4732300)
Sorry, this is probably off-topic, but has Respawn said why Titanfall isn't coming out on PS3 or PS4?

Officially? The Infinite power of the Cloud!

And Windows 8.

KleenexGhost 2013-06-21 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4732310)
Officially? The Infinite power of the Cloud!

And Windows 8.

I would just think that they would want to cover all their basses for potential income.

EDIT: One of the designers did say that porting to the PS4 "Wasn't out of the question."

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-21 21:21

Which makes the unofficial but obvious reason is that Microsoft paid for that exclusive.

KleenexGhost 2013-06-21 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4732323)
Which makes the unofficial but obvious reason is that Microsoft paid for that exclusive.

Definitely. But, I am hyped for Destiny. It's giving off this Borderlands vibe, but at the same time it looks like it'll be much better than Borderlands.

Theo 2013-06-21 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellal (Post 4559934)
I'm not normally pessimistic, especially since this is Bungie we're talking about.
Jeez, but the plot sounds incredible shallow. Still, it's too early to tell, but I was expecting
something brilliant, especially considering that they sold Halo because they had something 'Genius' in the works.

Time will tell. I will say that the landscaping graphics look great.
Hopefully the gameplay will shed some light on how 'Great' this project is.

Bungie's a talented studio, but a lot of trailers for Halo games and this one put out make them seem like they're God's Gift to Gaming.

Sure, their ego is warranted considering their work, but the pretentiousness is kinda really jarring when the amazing concept art and background visuals switch to scenes of fighting cartoonish aliens.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-21 23:58

The only other 'gripe' I have with Destiny so far is that I wish we could play in 3rd person... >_>

I don't like 1st person- I feel restricted in vision, but just as important is that since they let use customize our characters, they should at least let us actually see them in action =_=

EDIT:

Hooves 2013-06-22 22:26

So apparently this was the game my relatives were telling me about from Bungie. Kind of curious about it now.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-23 05:50

The devil is in the details...