AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yuyushiki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114023)

MisaoFan 2012-08-08 08:13

Yuyushiki

http://i.imgur.com/76Rc9.jpg

Original creator : Komata Mikami
Plot summary : The story follows the school life of three girls in the data processing club : Yuzuko, Yukari, and Yui.

Note : Mikami launched the manga in Manga Time Kirara in 2008, and Houbunsha published the fourth volume this past March.

Midonin 2012-08-08 08:36

Say no more, I'm interested.

Flower 2012-08-08 09:01

Must admit I am also kinda curious about this one....

Utsuro no Hako 2012-08-08 09:03

Let me guess -- three minute series?

romcom89 2012-08-08 09:36

ki ni narimasu~

Lord of Fire 2012-08-08 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4295516)
Let me guess -- three minute series?

I hope not, I don't really like the 3-minute trend that is emerging. I find it really hard to truly enjoy such short shows. How big are the individual chapters?

If it is 3 minutes, I'm probably gonna skip it.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-08-08 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Fire (Post 4295653)
I hope not, I don't really like the 3-minute trend that is emerging. I find it really hard to truly enjoy such short shows. How big are the individual chapters?

Well, it's a 4-koma, and the recent trend seems to be doing these as 3-minute shorts instead of full episodes a la K-on and Working!! I don't really mind -- I just wait for a bunch of episodes and marathon them.

MisaoFan 2012-08-08 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Fire (Post 4295653)

Since the manga isn't published by Takeshobo, I don't think it become one.

Miraluka 2012-12-08 14:24

New info:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13289.html

Midonin 2012-12-08 14:41

So it debuts in Spring. I've got that marked. After seeing it mentioned by name so many times during the commercials for Honeycomb, I've become rather curious about it.

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-08 19:58

I hope it will not be an anime or episodes do not drive more than 5 minutes ... if it is a 4koma while ago but luck never know ... if yes then it will be "yet" another
-_-

Midonin 2012-12-29 11:08

The show's official site is open, with our main cast members listed.

Yuzuko: Rumi Ookubo (Chinatsu, Ako/Muse, SenColle's Nobunaga)
Yui: Minami Tsuda (...the other Yui, the one who Chinatsu has a crush on.)
Yukari: Risa Taneda (Saki in From the New World)

Midonin 2013-01-11 13:02

Teaser promo.

Flower 2013-02-18 18:43

Well, I am still kinda interested, even after only just now noticing the teaser. :)

Kotohono 2013-02-18 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4493347)
The show's official site is open, with our main cast members listed.

Yuzuko: Rumi Ookubo (Chinatsu, Ako/Muse, SenColle's Nobunaga)
Yui: Minami Tsuda (...the other Yui, the one who Chinatsu has a crush on.)
Yukari: Risa Taneda (Saki in From the New World)

Hmmm Well I am not planning much for the spring atm, so I'll be trying this if only to see Risa in another role :uhoh:. Plus I need my moe show of the season :heh:.

Midonin 2013-03-15 15:06

The official website's updated. Looks like our main trio is singing both the opening and ending. Additional cast and other details have also been added. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this.

Yunocchi 2013-03-17 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4592054)
The official website's updated. Looks like our main trio is singing both the opening and ending. Additional cast and other details have also been added. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this.

Same here. Just hoping it doesn't turn out to be a 5 minute anime.

Midonin 2013-03-17 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunocchi (Post 4593925)
Same here. Just hoping it doesn't turn out to be a 5 minute anime.

The presence of an opening and ending theme means that's far less likely.

duckroll 2013-03-17 12:04

It's not a 5 min show.

http://showgate.jp/en/top.html

YUYUSHIKI

2013 April / 30min x 12eps / Color / HD / Comedy, Slice of Life

A trio of high school girls, Yuzuko, Yui and Yukari are together all the time. Not much happens in their daily life, but somehow you cannot take your eyes off the comfortable everyday life they weave. New-generation high school girls' communication starts.

---

Regular length, 12 episodes.

OkamiNoKaze 2013-03-17 16:55

Reminds me of Nichijou a little bit

Chiaki_chan 2013-03-17 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4594436)
It's not a 5 min show.

http://showgate.jp/en/top.html

YUYUSHIKI

2013 April / 30min x 12eps / Color / HD / Comedy, Slice of Life

A trio of high school girls, Yuzuko, Yui and Yukari are together all the time. Not much happens in their daily life, but somehow you cannot take your eyes off the comfortable everyday life they weave. New-generation high school girls' communication starts.

---

Regular length, 12 episodes.

Is very good news!!! :D

Sumeragi 2013-03-17 20:48

Data processing club? Interesting.

teja208 2013-03-17 20:57

Depending on the style of comedy in the series, it may or may not have anything to do with "data" or "prossessing" at all.

Still, is the source legit? Not meant to burst the bubble, but finding one or two 25 min SoL comedy anime seems like a rarity these days.

duckroll 2013-03-30 02:15

ACE PV:

kyouray 2013-03-30 10:59

It looks great! I was already planning to watch Yuyushiki because of Hidamari Sketch's promotion but this trailer is promising. Animation will be refreshing with young animators Keisuke Kojima (aka desuran) & Majiro as main animators.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Midonin 2013-03-30 11:35

Love that opening theme.

Lord of Fire 2013-03-30 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyouray (Post 4612649)
It looks great! I was already planning to watch Yuyushiki because of Hidamari Sketch's promotion but this trailer is promising. Animation will be refreshing with young animators Keisuke Kojima (aka desuran) & Majiro as main animators.

Same here. I wouldn't have known about this show otherwise, and might not have been that interested in it then.

Definitely looking forward to this now.

Cloudenvy 2013-03-30 14:08

Why in the world does this look so appealing? Aside from the nice animation the overall feel of it is just pleasant. Really looking forward to this now!

totoum 2013-03-31 03:43

Oh well hi there Kinema Citrus , didn't know you were here!

Yep,add me to the list of people who are now interested in this after watching the PV, I could watch the first GIF kyouray posted all day :heh:

Midonin 2013-04-08 13:53

CR's going Yuyu Style

Midonin 2013-04-09 15:27

Yuyushiki 01 - Follow the Sun. Catch the Sun.

A Manga Time Kirara-based 4-koma everyday life schoolgirl comedy. And for the first time in a few seasons, it's full length. This is the world where I live, the world where I am me. Probably more than I am with Nyarko. The opening is wonderful, the ending is charming, and the show's color palette is pleasing to the eye. There are a lot of puns. A recipe for success, in my book. I was expecting the show to start its focus with Yuzuko, since she looked to be the lead character, but in a rather Softenni-esque way, it appears that Yui, the voice of reason, is the center of the show, with the other two acting to push along the comedy. And the comedy works, too. Seeing their weird thought processes is going to be much of the appeal here. And I already knew about Tsuda and Ookubo's comedic potential, but Taneda is doing a pretty good job herself. While Yukari was the spaciest for much of the episode, she was also the only one to pull off an old school reference.

Verdict: One of my favorites of the season, because I am totally biased.

DXMichael 2013-04-09 16:50

Ehehe, there's always an anime like this every season. An anime where I can just sit back, watch the comedy and wacky characters without having to worry about any sudden twists or bad things happening :p

I can say I love Yukari and Yuzuko, their random acts are really entertaining, and Yui's reactions to it all are just priceless XD

duckroll 2013-04-09 19:08

First episode was pretty good. Some of the jokes were rather flat, but it got better as the episode progressed. When it started getting really inane and moronic at the end, that was probably the best part. Lol.

Too bad Crunchyroll doesn't have end cards on the episodes though. The one in the first episode is drawn by bb-Kuroda, and the one next week will be by Kenichi Yoshida.

Here's the one from ep1:

Sol Falling 2013-04-09 19:22

I'm not picking up much this season, but Yuyushiki looks to be a treat. There were a couple slow spots/jokes which fell flat but overall this was really enjoyable. The animation is quite pleasant despite not being polished into genericness and the seiyuus are doing great. This is my favourite of the spring shows I've seen so far.

(The character dynamics are pretty interesting; looks like Yui is a tsundere who has got herself a harem, :naughty:. That's a fresh take on yuri fanservice subtext right there. I'm gonna enjoy this, lol.)

Beltane70 2013-04-09 20:01

I enjoyed the first episode. Poor Yui has her hands full with those two!

kyouray 2013-04-09 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol Falling (Post 4628902)
I'm not picking up much this season, but Yuyushiki looks to be a treat. There were a couple slow spots/jokes which fell flat but overall this was really enjoyable.

That's the word which describes Yuyushiki I think : Yuyushiki's the kind of cute series you watch with a smile (and sometimes laugh) during the whole episode. I enjoyed this first episode, the trio worked well
Animation is lively and refreshing and I do like the design. Yukari (blue haired one) is already my favourite.
and today I've learnt what Maunder Minimum is!

totoum 2013-04-09 20:12

Really enjoyed the hell out of this,havn't enjoyed a schoolgirl slice of life episode as much as this in a long while,everything clicked for me and in large part it's due to the direction and animation (this episode was a gif mine!)

And yes Yui is an M,it's the only reason she can put up with those two girls all day without killing them :p

SunnyPanda 2013-04-09 20:17

The first episode was pretty cute. Can't wait to watch more. :D

Om Nerabdator 2013-04-09 20:34

YES!! i love anime like this where you can sit down and enjoy it without suffering through pointless drama that seems to pop up out of nowhere

Not to mention theres some yuri undertones which is always welcomed ^^ and cute girls to boot :D

Really looking forward to this, ah im so glad its not another one of those 3-4min animes

totoum 2013-04-09 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator (Post 4628999)
Not to mention theres some yuri undertones which is always welcomed ^^

The fun thing is I've rarely seen yuri undertones in the way this show did it, with one character teasing/trolling another.

Seems to me the whole asking for a kiss or to lick off the food was just another way for Yuzu-chan to torment Yui,which seems to be her favorite pastime :D