AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace (Movie) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124021)

justpassingby 2013-08-08 09:01

Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace (Movie)

Official twitter said that news regarding the Movie would be available in this month Newtpe and Febri. Official site would release info regarding the movie on the same day those two magazine go on sale (August 10th). [twitter]
Maybe we can hope for teaser trailer during Comiket?

I doubt Newtype has anything new to say, but I hope I am wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/8wj2MOC.jpg
Newtype low res from 2ch

GDiddy 2013-12-07 13:22

Whatever happened to the movie of this?

Beltane70 2013-12-08 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDiddy (Post 4935472)
Whatever happened to the movie of this?

Hasn't been released yet. It was set to be released in February 2014.

Chiaki_chan 2013-12-08 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beltane70 (Post 4936179)
Hasn't been released yet. It was set to be released in February 2014.

we can not see the movie until next year with the download link bluray

but in the meantime is what could have hope of images, summarize ect? :(

Inept Forum User 2013-12-16 13:16

Might take a tiny bit of getting used to...

Does the article say whether this is merely a redesign or whether something actually occurs within story to make the new design necessary (e.g. old one modified or new ship required for some reason)?

darkchibi07 2013-12-16 16:51

Oooo, trailer is coming soon!

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/st...97681521442816

Quote:

I saw the new trailer of the "Moretsu pirates" movie and it looks very good! Keep an eye on the official web site during the next days!

Ithekro 2013-12-16 18:47

So we should get ready to do some pirating. Or privateering really.

justpassingby 2013-12-16 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inept Forum User (Post 4945633)
Might take a tiny bit of getting used to...

Does the article say whether this is merely a redesign or whether something actually occurs within story to make the new design necessary (e.g. old one modified or new ship required for some reason)?

I am going to Kino to order the mook this week, which I hope I can get by next week, together with other related books. The manga version of the movie is starting next week after all.

My guess is that the new Bentenmaru can operate within the atmosphere. Come to think of it, the old Bentenmaru looks like it can be slapped to the new one to be a full fuel tank or booster or something. http://i.imgur.com/EOr816x.gif

Edit: Currently F5-ing the internet like the Furious 5http://i.imgur.com/hgjt2iG.gif

Edit 2: From twitter
Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku: Akuu no Shinen (Abyss of Hyperspace) will be screened on February 22nd 2014.

OP: by MomoClo Z (The series OP)
Theme Song: Kirakira-go-round by angela/Presents Nakagawa Shoko
Image song: Sail away by Mikako-shi

One of the new character (Mugen Kanata) will be voiced by Shimoda Asami, it seems.

Oi Shounen, what's with your name Infinity Beyond?:heh:. More importantly, what the hell are you doing in my Captain's movie? :P

From Thomas Romain's twitter, the new Bentenmaru is the look-alike old Bentenmaru. Don't know about the Space Shuttle thing.

I'm going to guess the Professor Mugen (The Hyperspace Diver)'s inheritance is something to do with traveling the hyperspace.

The movement in hyperspace reminds me about when Vengeance was chasing Enterprise at faster than warp speed :uhoh:

Edit again.
Characters page has been updated.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Introduction Page is also updated.
Nothing much except Marika meets with Kanata.

Additional Cast:
Scarlet Cypher: Noto Mamiko
Professor Mugen: Tobita Nobuo

Some related photos from yesterday event:

MrTerrorist 2013-12-20 12:36

Bodacious Space Pirates/Mōretsu Pirates Film's 2nd Teaser Posted

Yes. More space pirate action.

LoweGear 2013-12-20 12:51

Kato Marika: Now looking more Captain Marvelous than ever :D

Chiaki_chan 2013-12-20 15:49

Yatta!!! :love:

and theme of this movie is a "race" ?

Dextro 2013-12-20 16:27

Looking amazing and reminds me of how much I enjoyed this show back when it first aired. All it needs is more dark queen Chihaki :heh:

Also it looks like this will be set in the same universe as the TV show unlike the first rumours that pointed towards it being a reboot of sorts. I quite like that :)

Theo 2013-12-21 00:31

Oh Christ, is it going to be Golden Ghost Ship 2.0, with them racing after this traveling ship? And the kid is going to be insufferable until Marika befriends him or something. And please dial down on school antics to make way for the core plot, which I hope isn't anti-climactic.

justpassingby 2013-12-21 07:04

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Welp. That's your cue, Jerid Messa. :heh:

and Shoko-tan drew this.
Edit: Mikako-shi is going on air now at A&G, in case anyone is interested.

MeisterBabylon 2013-12-22 23:57

Looks like Cookie is eyeing for a captain's chair too. She recently released a single called [Pirates of Yui]. :heh:

justpassingby 2013-12-24 07:14

From today Lady Go!!, ....Mikako-shi couldn't even pronounce the title of the movie in English. :heh:
How I wish I could email her right there right then to say "Abisu ofu Haipa~ Supe~su".

Speaking of Abyss, it reminds me of my childhood about James Cameron's The Abyss.

Edit:
Christmas presents from the official twitter for those who are celebrating: Casts' Comments (Bentenmaru crews and Kanata)....Captain, what are you wearing? :heh:

Edit: Whoaa! Mikako-shi is supposed to sing the theme song for the movie Magical Sisters in English for the international release, but she couldn't pronounce the word "Abyss".

Inept Forum User 2013-12-24 14:56

Nice to see a little glimpse of what's coming after so long.

Looks like Marika might be flying herself to the Bentenmaru now.

justpassingby 2013-12-25 10:21

The image song 『Sail away』 and the remix album for the movie, 『cosmic Explosion』 are going on sale on the same date as the movie premiering day (February 22nd).

『cosmic Explosion』 is just the remix version of the previous MoPi concept album, with additional one new song. Total Remixing and Sound are being produced by Hiroshi Nakamura (i-dep), the one who wrote OwaMelo (KamiNai ED) for Mikako-shi.
source.

What are the production staffs thinking? Releasing too many merchandises on the same date as PS4 :heh:?

Well I hope another cosmic explosion will be recorded next year, greater than this year magnitude :P

Edit:
From the movie official blog, this figure is from Megahouse High Priestess line of figure.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) The colored version will be shown in Hobby Japan March 2014 (on sale January 25th)

Neko Arc Brunestud 2014-01-01 20:57

Question about the director: Tatsuo Sato

Just how much influence does a director have?

(A lot in the movie, since he wrote it, apparently, but I digress...)

Since Sato also directed Uchuu no Stellvia, is it possible he liked the character Arisa Glennorth from Stellvia, and asked to have a character named 'Grennorth' (Natalia Grennorth) in Mouretsu Pirates?

It may be background shipping on my part; but I could see Stellvia being the pre-history for Mouretsu; what with all the craziness with gravity and rips in space and such.

MeisterBabylon 2014-01-02 03:16

In that aspect, Star Trek came first?

If so, I hope Pirates stay the hell out of time travel.