AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Robot Girls Z (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121146)

LoweGear 2013-07-29 01:11

Robot Girls Z

Wut is this I dun even...

http://i.imgur.com/b2tvuKdl.jpg?1

Info

No info in English yet, though I think they'll be showing a PV tomorrow. At least the moefication of the Go Nagai mechs - Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer - actually look good, i.e. not bikin-clad anthropomorphizations. Also, dat Baron Ashura :twitch:

Aoi Toori 2013-07-29 01:49

WTF! :heh:

Yesterday it's Dino Getter, and today it's Robot Girls Z..
Oh well, can't wait to see the pv!

Majin Girls GO!!! :heh:

LoweGear 2013-07-29 03:36

ANN: Toei's Robot Girls Z TV Anime Shorts to Premiere in January

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
Toei Robot Girls, the project that turns Dynamic Planning and Toei Animation's robots into beautiful girls, is relaunching as a series of television anime shorts next January. The stars of the new Robot Girls Z series will be Z-chan (a girl reimagining of Mazinger Z), Gre-chan (Great Mazinger), and Grenda-san (UFO Robo Grendizer).

Together the trio form Robot Girls Z (a.k.a. Team Z), a unit assigned to promote the future energy source Photon Energy and eliminate enemies who seek Photon Energy for themselves. (Photon Energy comes from Go Nagai's original Mazinger Z manga and anime.) Usually, the team operates from Nerima Ward Oizumi Academy's Photon Energy District in Tokyo.

Hiroshi Ikehata (original Toei Robot Girls, Ring ni Kakero 1: Sekai Taikai-hen) is directing the new anime, and Kazuho Hyodo (Tactical Roar) is in charge of the scripts. Tetsuya Kawakami (Shigofumi - Letters from the Departed, Toei Robot Girls) designed the characters.

The cast includes Mariko Honda as Z-chan, Inori Minase as Gre-chan, Kazusa Aranami as Grenda-san, Aya Hisakawa as Ashura, Yukiko Morishita as Garada K7, Nao Tōyama as Daburasu M2, Kaori Takaoka as Gai-chan (Gaiking), Satomi Satou as Gacky (Ga-Keen), Ayumi Tsuji as Bara-tan (Baratack), and Chiharu Kitaoka as Dandan (Danguard Ace).

The nine 10-minute shorts will have the dual themes of slice-of-life gag humor and violence. The Toei Channel will run the shorts this January, after the "episode 0" starts streaming on the official home page, Niconico, and YouTube.

The earlier Toei Robot Girls project eventually spawned a pilot film in 2011. The project had launched two years earlier to promote the various works in Toei's anime catalog.

DuelGundam2099 2013-07-29 10:28

.... This is real!?:( Come to think of it, does Go Nagai have any involvement in this? Because this does not seem like something he'd do (then again Fandora and Panda-Z are not like his other creations either). Also
Quote:

Nao Tōyama as Daburasu M2
It is DOUBLAS, AS IN DOUBLE, IT HAD TWO HEADS, gah!

Well regardless, because I am a fan of Go Nagai's work, I will watch it eventually.:upset:

Also is Dino Getter a manga or an upcoming anime too, Aoi?

Haohmaru 2013-07-29 12:06

PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uM2BW6Y5cA

LoweGear 2013-07-29 12:35

...why are my steel robots of justice such bullies? ;-; (:D)

xizro345 2013-07-29 13:31

I had a good laugh watching this, I'll be sure to check when the shorts come out in January.

DuelGundam2099 2013-07-29 14:01

Things I noted when watching the PV:

-Jack and Mary King from Getter Robo made cameos.
-Why is there an age difference with Garada and Doublas?
-Whoever was animating Baron Ashura did not make her lip size consistent on a specific side.
-Z resembles Sayaka from the original series and Great resembles Misty Honey from Cutey Honey Flash, no idea who Grendizer is supposed to look like (if anyone).
-Poor Doublas got it pretty bad, both being the only girl to have panty shots and her costume more busted up than Garada's.
-Why did the city blow up?:twitch:No Mazinger other than the SRW Alpha tetralogy version of Mazinkaiser could it in that fashion.
-This will not be awesome unless a Boss Borot look alike appears, sorry but my inner fan could not resist.:heh:

I also did not see before, but the magazine picture has Glossam X2 next to Garada K7.

anime fan99 2013-07-29 14:05

:eyebrow: what no Koji Kabuto = I do not care :frustrated:

Tenzen12 2013-07-29 17:43

Where is my Borot-chan?!

Assort Dis 2013-07-29 20:10

Those Mazingirls are so brutal :D

Duo Maxwell 2013-07-30 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4775029)
...why are my steel robots of justice such bullies? ;-; (:D)

>Implying that isn't what happens in SRW.

SaintessHeart 2013-07-30 09:49

The girls are pretty flat-chested. How can they fire their oppai missiles *is vaporised by a Photon Beam*

DuelGundam2099 2013-07-30 11:24

Quote:

Implying that isn't what happens in SRW.
Actually in SRW the enemies are death machines with either hardened soldiers, mercs, or autonomous AI controlling. Here it is just some kids in cosplay.

Nachtwandler 2013-07-30 16:58

Dunno what did they smoke but I'll watch this

Myssa Rei 2013-07-30 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 4775099)
no idea who Grendizer is supposed to look like (if anyone).

Dunno, seems like Rubina to me. And are you SURE that Great doesn't have Jun's hair instead?

Jack and Mary King's cameo made me chuckle, I admit. But ye Gods, who thought it was a good idea to give Baron Asura blonde ringlets?

DuelGundam2099 2013-07-30 22:12

Quote:

And are you SURE that Great doesn't have Jun's hair instead?
Jun did come to mind, then I realized the hair color was blue so Misty Honey came to mind right after.
Quote:

seems like Rubina to me
That princess from episode 72? I did read a rumor it is based on Maria's, which would make more sense since she was a main character.

Myssa Rei 2013-07-30 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 4776739)
That princess from episode 72? I did read a rumor it is based on Maria's, which would make more sense since she was a main character.

The thing is Maria isn't Duke's love interest, but Kouji's for his stint in Grendizer. Since the hairstyles used seem to follow a pattern (Z-series love interests), Rubina (who was Duke's fiancee) came to mind, as it sure didn't match Hikaru's hair.

Tyabann 2013-07-30 23:05

I know nothing about Mazinger, but this was fun as hell. :heh: Can't wait for more.

kenjiharima 2013-07-31 00:19

FINALLY!!!! After all these years of waiting they FINALLY a MOE themed super robot girl based off my favorite super robots <3

Preview

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
You can see Jack and Mary from Texas Mac have an omake appearance XD