AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Accel World (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Accel World - Anime General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107236)

Kunagisa 2011-10-01 08:40

Accel World - Anime General Discussion

Thanks to Master Anime for the heads up!

Announced together with Sword Art Online.

Website

Author
KAWAHARA Reki

Illustrator
HIMA

Manga Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT
Haruyuki is a fat kid that just entered middle school for half a year. He has the standard fat kid problems like low self-esteem, getting bullied and what not. His only escape is the virtual world, where his brain's reaction speed is not limited by his real world body size. There he plays squash in the school network, where his monsterous score is noticed by the school beauty Princess Snow Black. She wants to recruit him to a special world, where speed and ability to fight determines whether they get to keep their speed or not.

larethian 2011-10-01 09:55

It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?

Kunagisa 2011-10-01 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3787350)
It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?

Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity :uhoh:.

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/img/main1110/1.jpg

Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...

Dark Wing 2011-10-01 10:22

I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO? :confused:

tomtkp 2011-10-01 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 3787397)
I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO? :confused:

SAO is an abbreviation for Sword Art Online, a VRMMO game in "Sword Art Online" light novel series.

majestix1988 2011-10-01 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3787366)
Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...

"Legal Kuudere Loli" i guess.....

Kunagisa 2011-10-01 11:07

I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.

Shadow5YA 2011-10-01 12:27

Considering both series have to do with online games, it's not surprising that there would be kids at all.

Asuras 2011-10-01 21:50

All of my favorite series are becoming anime series lately! :heh:

Duo Maxwell 2011-10-02 01:02

Quote:

Nice way to spark my interest, man :heh:.

AdamEndless9 2011-10-02 01:20

The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!

Kunagisa 2011-10-02 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3788432)
Nice way to spark my interest, man :heh:.

You ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 (Post 3788452)
The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!

Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-02 03:50

Quote:

Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity :uhoh:.

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.

Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters :eyespin: ?!

Xacual 2011-10-02 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3788585)
Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?

Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.

Kunagisa 2011-10-02 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3788589)
Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters :eyespin: ?!

Only if they are fabulous enough.

Though now we understand why they're waiting so long to animate both of these titles, seems they want to coincide this with ASCII Media Works' 20th anniversary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3788593)
Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.

Should turn both of them into the same VRMMORPG.

MisaoFan 2011-10-02 05:47

This anime will be licensed by Bandai Visual, as accorded by the official website.

Sage Shinigami 2011-10-02 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3787454)
I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.

So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.

Kunagisa 2011-10-02 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami (Post 3788724)
So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.

Yes, though you should probably discuss this in the SAO thread :heh:.

com_gwp 2011-10-02 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3788589)

Haha, I believe that many people held the same stereotype, which is probably why you don't see Accel World having the same amount of popularity as SAO.

But its precisely why the main character is like that he is such an awesome character! Watch him as he challenges the stereotype and gain his loli harem! :heh:

Duo Maxwell 2011-10-02 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3788585)
You ...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...da306ec8e9.jpg

You oughta finish what you want to say :p

In all seriousness, for a title that I haven't heard about, of course a certain element to pull me in so I could have a clue what it is and start doing my research is necessary, so I won't say it's a bad thing.

The PV is impressive, but it doesn't tell me anything about the main character. I don't really have issue with fat character, it's just that the stereotype they usually are don't give a good impression to me :p. Hopefully this one will be different.