AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 547 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82839)

itachi29al 2009-06-16 22:58

Mallegan is probably goin to be dealt with soon, afterall we have seen just bout what he can do except for this ultimate move. Im curious whats goin on with blackbeard, somehow i doubt he just went down that easy. I also really want to see what shinryuu up to, him seem like an interesting character.

Rainbowman 2009-06-17 00:04

My reviews:

Main Story: Looks like most of the prisoners are close to freedom (at least from Impel Down). Ivankov and Inazuma are back in action. And Jinbei summons whale sharks to help. As for Blackbeard, perhaps he went to level 6 to get those monsterous prisoners out of there with his powers before Impel Down comes crashing down. (made a funny :D)

Mini-Story: Looks like it's Franky's turn. I wonder what he's going to do? With Robin's part of the mini-story, I still thought Franky would have come to the rescue. I would have liked to see Franky do a better job at building the bridge they were working on. :meh:< "Just a thought."

james0246 2009-06-17 00:27

^One of the spoilers released said that Franky's mini-story is next? That sounds pretty cool. I expect he will develop plenty of gadgets and various upgrades on Barijimoa (hopefully something will be said about the "genius" that was born on the island).

Phenomenal 2009-06-17 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Mold (Post 2456168)
I told you phenom, Jinbei will be a wanna be Aqua Man..

Yeah, Oda thinks he's Marvel, we got the Sandman [Crocodile], Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards [Luffy] and Aquaman [Jinbei].

After reading the spoilers, it seems to me like Magellan is getting worked and is thinking whether to decide to use his ultimate poison technique. So it seems the gimmick from Mr. 3 gave Luffy the advantage [that's weak] and is escaping from Magellan but I doubt it is the end of Mags.

Croc and Mr. 1 don't deserve to stand peerless after beating up on fodder.

james0246 2009-06-17 01:00

^Hey, don't knock on Mr. Fantastic, he's freaking awesome. Not only does he get to be voiced by Stephen Colbert (as the parody Mr. Impossible), but he also gets Jessica Alba in the live-actions films (she may act badly, but she sure looks good while acting badly), and he is even a kickass zombie :). And he is such a super genius that he is able to literally take shit from his own ass and make time machines or whatever he may want at the time (MacGyver, eat your heart out). And Jessica Alba. True I said that already, but it is worth mentioning a second time. Mr. Fanatasic gets Jessica Alba...What more can you ask for :D.

In regards to the chapter, Magellan is taking out the big guns, and whether Luffy will appear in future chapters (without a break) will be answered within the next week or so...My appetite is sufficiently whetted, now Oda need only deliver the "meal" (Oda just has to make sure there is no "Where's the Beef" moments).

edit: just saw a spoiler pic of Magellan's ultimate technique. Damn it is cool.

Phenomenal 2009-06-17 01:43

Yeah, I scoped out the pics as well, looks like we got action!^^

I wasn't knocking the Fantastic four James, they're alright, but I did not like the movie, nor the actors/acting.

andy 2009-06-17 01:46

yeah just saw the pics Magellan last attack looks awesome, but it looks like luffy and Mr 3 tag up to stop it .

game2007 2009-06-17 03:23

According to the new colorspread, we have our all new crew members for the SH Pirates!

james0246 2009-06-17 03:37

Inazuma has Orange hair? Was that always the case and I simply never noticed?

That being said, so far so good. The images are pretty cool, and what little dialogue I can make out from the blurry pages, the story is moving along nicely.

Additionally, I love the designs of the Whale Sharks. Their giant grins are infectious :).

Also, Magellan's Ultimate attack looks a bit like the melting Kyoshinhei from the end of Nausicaa...

shankss 2009-06-17 03:49

Spoiler for skulls!:

james0246 2009-06-17 04:03

1998? Was that the year that Miura introduced the Skull Knight (not that the Skull Knight was the first of such titular characters)?

Nobodyman9 2009-06-17 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenomenal (Post 2456900)
Yeah, Oda thinks he's Marvel, we got the Sandman [Crocodile], Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards [Luffy] and Aquaman [Jinbei].

Yep, Oda is taking Marvel's (and DC's) ideas and making them even better :D

Photonbeam 2009-06-17 04:18

Is there no cover page mini series?

andy 2009-06-17 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photonbeam (Post 2457069)
Is there no cover page mini series?

I think we get a color spread instead . No mini story , not to certain about that but it looks that way .

Photonbeam 2009-06-17 05:09

^ Thank you.

Red-Haired_Shanks 2009-06-17 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 2456632)
Magellan never struck me as the throw it all on the line type character. I suppose he doesn't have much to lose anymore. I wonder though, what will the World Government/Marines do about all of these escapees? Will any of this influence the confilct with Whitebeared? I could actually see them maybe helping Whitebeard.

I doubt the Marines would do much...
Considering the damage that would be done after the war...
If there's still a World Government left...
When Red-Haired Shanks met with Whitebeard...
He said, "No one will be able to stop this, This Rampaging Era"
Maybe Oda was hinting at the destruction (or severely weakened) of the WG

Crusader 2009-06-17 12:55

I don't see the World Government weakend unless they sustain heavy losses. Of course that may happen. Still the Goresei or however you spell it, may be able to keep a tight leash on things.

Red-Haired_Shanks 2009-06-17 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 2457589)
I don't see the World Government weakend unless they sustain heavy losses. Of course that may happen. Still the Goresei or however you spell it, may be able to keep a tight leash on things.

That's the point of the "Rampaging Era"...
If there is no WG or a weak WG, Pirates everywhere are going to rampage...
Because their will no one to check them...
Either way, the WG are going to damage this fight...
Their going to lose some of their top fighters, which is bad because Pirates are just going to tumble over the weak ones...
Or they're going to lose a lot of weak fighters which is also bad because then the top fighters are going to be over-worked stopping pirates and criminals who cause trouble in WG territories.
The Gourosei or however you spell it... their not fighters so I don't how they'll keep a tight leash on things

Rainbowman 2009-06-17 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by game2007 (Post 2457008)
According to the new colorspread, we have our all new crew members for the SH Pirates!

There's a colorspread? I hope the mini-story hasn't been delayed becuase of it. And who are the new members?

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2457021)
Inazuma has Orange hair? Was that always the case and I simply never noticed?

Which side of Inazuma's hair is actually orange?

Quote:

That being said, so far so good. The images are pretty cool, and what little dialogue I can make out from the blurry pages, the story is moving along nicely.

And How. :)

Quote:

Additionally, I love the designs of the Whale Sharks. Their giant grins are infectious :).

I wonder how big these whale sharks are compared to Jinbei?

Quote:

Also, Magellan's Ultimate attack looks a bit like the melting Kyoshinhei from the end of Nausicaa...

Magellan's Ultimate attack is quite a climax. Sure hope Luffy can survive if not evade it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankss (Post 2457034)
Spoiler for skulls!:

Magellan's Ultimate attack looks scary indeed.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-06-17 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenomenal (Post 2456900)

Aquaman is from DC, not Marvel. However, Marvel does have The Submariner, who is basically their version of Aquaman.

Looking forward to seeing how Jimbei will utilize the whale sharks he summoned. His arsenal of moves never ceases to amaze me. In the event that a non-devil fruit user were to fall in the ocean, Jimbei could unleash his whale sharks on the victim and they would most certainly prove to be real nuisances. He alone is already a big enough problem for anyone to deal with, but his ability to communicate with and command sea creatures has brought him to a whole new level of danger/terror. It's no wonder why Sengoku was so upset at Jimbei refusing to take part in the upcoming war. These last chapters have shown that he would be a great asset to anyone when he's fighting in his advantageous domain, the ocean.