AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115271)

AdamEndless9 2012-10-06 09:12

Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince

Main staff has been announced.
Newtype scan:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blo...7/d7a3c72e.jpg
Director: Keitaro Motonaga
Character Design: Hisashi Hirai
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
Animation Production: Dogakobo & Orange

Synopsis:
Quote:

The story follows humanity after it expanded its frontier into space in a quest for resources. Advances in genetic engineering research allow humans to adapt to the new frontier, leading to the advent of evolved children such as the protagonist Izuru. Izuru enrolls in an academy city called Gurantseere to fulfill his mission of "protecting humanity."
Original manga by Rando Ayamine(author) and Hikaru Niijima(artist).

Kaioshin Sama 2012-10-06 09:30

So instantly recognizable as Hisashi Hirai designs I don't even need to look at the character design tab.:heh:

duckroll 2012-10-06 09:32

Orange eh? Pretty cool that they've gotten to the point where they're not just credited for "CG Production" but actual co-credited for Animation Production. I guess they're trying to be the next CG Studio to get wider recognition after Sanzigen. Good for them. Their work on Akito the Exiled recently was fantastic. :)

Iggy_Pop 2012-10-06 18:16

Man, the design is just so different than the manga it's jarring

DangerMouse 2012-10-06 19:20

Could always use more scifi and mecha :)

Sage Shinigami 2012-10-06 21:25

Looks amazing. I'm excited to watch this already. ^^

Kakkou 2012-10-06 22:53

I pity any artist whose designs get adapted by Hisashi Hirai. It does sound kinda interesting, but Hirai's designs are always such a turnoff for me that I'll pass.

AdamEndless9 2012-10-09 15:46

Official site: http://mjp-anime.jp/
PV:

Lenneth4 2012-10-09 20:33

It's me or the characters looks "Dumb" ?

sorry for the fans , but their faces ...

edit
saw the pv
gimme gimme that NOWWW!!

I need to finish fafner by the way XD

Kaioshin Sama 2012-10-10 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenneth4 (Post 4389468)
It's me or the characters looks "Dumb" ?

sorry for the fans , but their faces ...

edit
saw the pv
gimme gimme that NOWWW!!

I need to finish fafner by the way XD

It's Hisashi Hirai, he kind of has the droopy eye thing going on with his designs and it does indeed make them look kind of dimwitted.

Vito 2012-12-29 11:15

2nd PV

MisaoFan 2012-12-29 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito (Post 4493352)
2nd PV

PV was good and I found the mecha designs and its effects amazing for a CGI studio. Looks like April will be full of sci-fi package.

Kakkou 2012-12-29 11:42

That PV... actually looks interesting or rather I like the whole misfits thing going on with the main cast. The voice cast seems nice too:

Izuru Hitachi: Jun Fukushima(?)
Toshikazu Asagi: Shintaro Asanuma
Tamaki Irie: Yuka Iguchi
Kei Kugimiya: Yoko Hikasa
Ataru Suruga: Yuki Ono(?)
Rin Suzukaze: Miyuki Sawashiro

I'm sure about most of them except for Izuru and Ataru's VAs. I want to give it a shot now but Hirai's designs are so damn ugly it's putting me off. >_<;;

kuromitsu 2012-12-29 11:47

I have no idea why Hirai is still getting work, his designs are awful. :/ And the worst thing about it is that he didn't use to be so bad, at least his chara designs for Infinite Ryvius were actually pretty good, with nice variation.

I'd check this out just because the manga has the author of Get Backers, but Hirai is a total turn-off.

Haak 2012-12-29 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito (Post 4493352)
2nd PV

That was quite a nice song playing after the first minute.

But yeah, I don't like Hirai's designs either. In fact I'm pretty sure half the reason I wasn't able to like Gundam Seed as much as I wanted to was because of those designs...

Gundamx 2012-12-29 14:38

Anyone have character pictures from the manga?

sky black swordman 2012-12-29 18:02

The PV peak my interest a bit. I don't like Character Designs very much.
If I do decided to watch this, it may be for the VA's that @Kakkou listed.

Kismet-chan 2012-12-29 19:08

I agree with everyone else, mostly. If the manga was made by Get Backers' author then I am very intrigued, and the PV seemed good... But damn, are those character designs derpy. I'll ignore it, but it really is a shame that they couldn't have gotten someone better for this. Seems like such a waste.

duckroll 2012-12-29 20:22

I like the new PV a lot. I was under the impression it was going to be another generic series mecha series and I wasn't really interested. But the new PV makes it really promising as an action comedy about a team of misfit losers who have no idea what they're doing. The dialogue is funny as hell too.

Rosalena 2012-12-30 06:38

This PV is a breath of fresh air: the dialog is cheeky enough to be entertaining, the plot is promising, and the cast is diverse. All in all I think this series has serious potential.

The one drawback are the derpy character designs. Honestly, did the production committee even look at them before signing off on them? Needless to say, I have never been a fan of Hirai. With the exception of Heroic Age I have not enjoyed any of the works he has been a part of. I hope this series proves to be the second exception.