AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Durian~The King of Fruits~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112483)

NoemiChan 2012-05-27 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryonea (Post 4178345)
As for me, I don't eat durians simply because I don't like it :heh: but my whole family loves it. Everyone around here's pretty much hyped when the "durian season" comes :D

Yeah, even soldiers and rebels agree here that they are crazy for durian. It worths the risk.:)

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-05-27 06:04

I remember an infamous incident where someone died at the durian orchard because the heavy druit fell on his head.

NoemiChan 2012-05-27 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4178350)
I remember an infamous incident where someone died at the durian orchard because the heavy druit fell on his head when it riped.

Hah, that's funny. Care to play catch with a durian?
:eyespin:

sa547 2012-05-27 06:09

Durian jam really leaves a great impression. I swear, years ago I was the center of attention in the class when I ate a sandwich with that jam spread on it.

That was the closest thing to bringing a live skunk. :heh:

NoemiChan 2012-05-27 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa547 (Post 4178358)
Durian jam really leaves a great impression. I swear, years ago I was the center of attention in the class when I ate a sandwich with that jam spread on it.

It made you famous then! Good for you!!:heh:

SaintessHeart 2012-05-27 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4178350)
I remember an infamous incident where someone died at the durian orchard because the heavy druit fell on his head.

It is a pretty common tale.

They are just waiting for the first drop : or the golden fruit. My mum used to tell me how they had to send a neighbour's kid to the hospital because he tried to "steal" durians by waiting under the tree at night, and became Isaac Newton. :heh:

Still, it never ceases to amaze me that despite my mum growing up in the 60s and 70s and heard of that tale, people are STILL doing it nowadays. :rolleyes:

JokerD 2012-05-27 10:19

For those who love the fruit but hate the smell:
Odourless durians to hit Thai market

MrTerrorist 2012-05-27 10:56

^Heresy!
A real Durian lover would stand the smell and not make this odorless abomination!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-05-27 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 4178624)

Love the fruit but hate the smell? Is that possible, if you truly love the fruit?:heh:

Ryonea 2012-05-27 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4178505)
It is a pretty common tale.

They are just waiting for the first drop : or the golden fruit. My mum used to tell me how they had to send a neighbour's kid to the hospital because he tried to "steal" durians by waiting under the tree at night, and became Isaac Newton. :heh:

Still, it never ceases to amaze me that despite my mum growing up in the 60s and 70s and heard of that tale, people are STILL doing it nowadays. :rolleyes:

Same here :heh:
there's even a saying here that goes "ketiban durian runtuh", roughly translated as "getting a fallen durian". It means getting a great luck out of nowhere.

IIRC, one of the most favorite durian over here is the Mon Thong, from Thailand. Also the expensive one :heh:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-05-27 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryonea (Post 4178708)
Same here :heh:
there's even a saying here that goes "ketiban durian runtuh", roughly translated as "getting a fallen durian". It means getting a great luck out of nowhere.

IIRC, one of the most favorite durian over here is the Mon Thong, from Thailand. Also the expensive one :heh:

I know some people question why durian runtuh instead of kelapa runtuh:heh:

kaitok 2012-05-27 12:05

EEW FREAK DURIAN SUCKS D:

Yet it's everywhere in my country... OTL

durack 2012-05-27 12:33

Can't say that I am a fan. I don't find the smell that bad - I find it mildly unpleasant, but certainly not on the same level as skunk or latrine.

KyriaL 2012-05-27 13:00

Brace yourselves, I have heard from a trustable durian-seller at the local morning market that the season of the king of fruits hath cometh!

The stronger the smell, the better it is. Just perfect as a 'perfume' for my room.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-27 13:08

Durian smells like crap.....yet it's nothing compared to the abomination that is the jack fruit

I feel like vomiting just mentioning the latter in this post...

EDIT: HAHA Someone saw fit to neg me over...fruits?!

Azuma Denton 2012-05-29 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 4178624)

What odourless durian??
Durian is not complete if it doesnt have that unique odour...

Ooww, now i am carving for some durian...
But now is not durian season... ;_;

Paranoid Android 2012-05-29 06:40

I don't trust odourless durians :X And durians are too sweet for me. I'm not a fan of sweets (unless it's chocolate)

The make great blunt weapons when you're being attacked at a supermarket in the fruits section.

Ryonea 2012-05-29 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 4181877)
The make great blunt weapons when you're being attacked at a supermarket in the fruits section.

Lol, I like your idea XD

zombie games need to add durians as a temporary melee weapon :heh: (it's a fruit, so the durability is limited) and maybe could double the use as a health recovery item too :D

NoemiChan 2012-05-29 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryonea (Post 4181929)
Lol, I like your idea XD

zombie games need to add durians as a temporary melee weapon :heh: (it's a fruit, so the durability is limited) and maybe could double the use as a health recovery item too :D

Plus, only few people can would stand the smell, you could have all of it for yourself... hah!:heh: