AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2012 shows which I missed (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117242)

NK_500 2013-01-09 18:58

2012 shows which I missed

I just can't believe who can I missed lots of shows in last year, considering how many of them. Furthermore this season sucks, except for Minami-ke. Ore no Imouto 2 is the only show I look forward although it has been delayed to this April. I also start watching Muv-Luv, an anime I ignored because I think it going to sucks with sexy suits for female pilots and such but hey, it is more like Starship Troopers than any ecchi craps you can think of, which is good for me.

This seems more like a challenge than a recommendation but I just want to know and see some of the other 2012 shows which I missed. I mean it must be premiered in 2012 and not just shown(carry-over from 2011).

You can recommend anything except bishounen craps for fujioshi audiences and reverse harem. Yes you can recommend me some shoujo romance too as long as it didn't feature abusive male lead and unsympathetic stupid heroine.

Please don't recommend me these:

Medaka Box(completed)
Medaka Box Abnormal(Watching)
Code Breaker(watching)
Jormungand S1(completed)
Jormungand S2(don't like its first season and no plan seeing more)
Girls und Panzer(watching)
K(dropped)
Daily Lives of High School Boys(dropped)

kitten320 2013-01-09 20:20

Jormungand season 2 is actually much better than 1st. I didn't like 1st season either.

To be honest I missed quiet a lot myself in 2012.

I know you said no carry on shows from 2011, but did you actually try to watch Chihayafuru which season 2 should start airing today or tomorrow?

Have you tried Another? It aired on 26th of December in 2011 so basically in 2012. Only 5 days apart.
Not the best show ever but if you like horrors/mysteries you could give it a try.

Hmmm... Hyouka maybe? It is slice of life that includes some silly mysteries.

If you don't mind sport orientated shows, how about Kuroko no Basket that focuses on basketball. For sports anime it got a very high acknowledgement. Has nice animation too.

If you have watched Bakemonogatari series than you should watch its sequel Nisemonogatari and prequel Nekomonogatari.

Sakamichi no Apollon, to be honest. Out of everything I mentioned for 2012 this series are probably the best. They are more realistic and focus on Jazz along with some romance.

Can't think of anything else... in all honesty 2012 was pretty weak year for me =/

Rayneing 2013-01-09 20:31

Another: Horror series that had an excellent start, a great middle, and a pretty dumb end. Worth watching if only because of how rare horror anime actually is.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (still airing): Definitive shonen action show, based off of the highly influential 1980s manga series.

Psycho-Pass (still airing): Excellent crime-drama/police-procedural/sci-fi show about a world where everyone's mental states are actively monitored by computers who calculate how likely you are to commit a crime.

And the only other show I really watched was Jormungand, so...

kitten320 2013-01-09 21:13

^I'll second Psycho Pass which is still ongoing. One of the best shows this season as well =/

Have you also tried Magi that is still ongoing? Really nice and entertaining fantasy series.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-01-09 21:46

2012 is a really good year for me. :D

So here's my addition which also seconding some already mentioned titles:

Zetsuen no Tempest (fantasy, action, mystery, drama)
The most interesting thing about this anime is the slow reveal of the mystery, so I won’t spoil it for you. All I can tell you that it’s great. Oh yeah, the protagonist are two boys which can be categorized as bishounens, but this is NOT a show for fujoshis and there’s no BL vibe, NONE. There’s only bromance or friendship here. Also, there are at least two main female characters too. In short, this show is for general audience both male and female. It’s rare to see anime shows achieve that balance, but this one did it.

Sword Art Online (sci-fi, fantasy, action)
About people who trapped in an online game and their struggle. It’s not that realistic on plot and the first few episodes starts slowly, but you’ll get a kick out of it if you’re only looking for entertainment.

Hyouka (mystery, slice-of-life)
I personally think this anime is excellent plot-wise. Still, I have to warn you, if you don’t like (pseudo) detective stuff, like analyzing cases, this anime can be bore you unless you’re really interested in the characters and their interaction.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
(romance, comedy, drama)
If you like rom-com with a group of friends then this one is for you IMO.

Psycho-Pass (sci-fi, action, mystery)
If you like cop show, this one suits you. It’s really well-written with some interesting characters and cases. This show is much like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex but a bit more interesting.

Shinsekai Yori (fantasy, mystery)
The setting is so far in the future when humans live “back to the nature” with all the traditional houses, cloths, tools, etc. The mystery is strong here where the MCs figuring out the secret of their society little by little. The animation and character design of this anime is a little bit “artsy” but it’s still nice to look at.

Ixion Saga (comedy fantasy)
If you like silly and ridiculous story set in fantasy-land, you may check this out.

JoJo’s Bizzzare Adventure (action, fantasy, drama)
The visual and style of this anime intentionally mimic those of 80s and 90s era. If you like larger-than-life dialogues & story with macho male characters like Kenshiroh from Fist of the North Star, go for it.

Onii Ai (abbreviated) (ecchi, comedy)
If you like ridiculous ecchi show, you can try this. Many of the episode only rely on dialogues and character interaction.

Robotic;Notes (sci-fi, mystery, slice-of-life)
This anime is a slow-starter. It starts like your usual slice-of-live school-club anime, but then evolving into a more serious one with the reveal of some conspiracy theories.

totoum 2013-01-10 01:24

Word of advice, knowing your taste stay away from Sakamichi no Apollon,Zetsuen no Tempest and Shinsekai Yori

Tari Tari:according to your anime list you liked Hanasaku Iroha and True Tears and this is made by the same studio (even has a true tears reference in the first episode)

jinrui wa suitai shimashita: might weird you out,but there is a 2 episode arc that makes fun of fujioshis :p

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-01-10 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4506675)
Word of advice, knowing your taste stay away from Sakamichi no Apollon,Zetsuen no Tempest and Shinsekai Yori

Yeah, those titles are risky for him, I admit. :p

Oh yeah, don't forget Kokoro Connect (drama, kinda psychological thriller + romance). It's good enough if you like the genre. Read some synopsis first.

Kameruka 2013-01-10 19:34

Seconding Tari-Tari as well. I'm also surprised this isn't in your MAL account yet.

While I not yet see it but I think you should give Psycho-Pass few episodes to try.

Sackett 2013-01-10 21:03

I'd suggest Jojo

Bodacious Space Pirates as well.