AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] what went wrong in bleach? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56909)

Mon Cheri 2007-11-25 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuujin (Post 1224465)
Evidently viruses and bacteria go to Soul Society when they die...

wait whaat? doesn't they go to hell or Hueco Mundo? :heh:

WinterSerenade 2007-11-25 15:58

Just a quick ?................ Ukitake has tuberculosis (a highly contagious disease) and yet it doesn't spread ?_?

WhiteWings 2007-11-26 01:57

Or maybe it's possible that whenever a Shinigami comes to and leaves the 'real' world they take all the viruses and bacteria with them sometimes.

Why are we even talking about this anyway?

WONDERMIKE 2007-11-26 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterSerenade (Post 1270533)
Just a quick ?................ Ukitake has tuberculosis (a highly contagious disease) and yet it doesn't spread ?_?

12th squad/4th squad sealed it or something like that.. not impossible to make it believable, but to be honest: who cares?

ashesatdusk 2007-11-26 17:56

think the biggest problem he has is really introducing some sort of twist with a particular secondary character and then just leave them sitting there for a while.

So far we have Viazard's and no real knowledge of who they are? Ichi's dad is a Shinigami, without any back ground information, Same for Ishida's is the heir to Quincy (which is a bit less random)

Urolquia or however you spell it has been sealed for how long now?

As for no one dies in bleach... i think it should be rephrased no one with any plot significance dies in bleach. That doesn't bug me nearly as much, as it used too. I think One Piece viewers have more to complain about.

Makashi_Menace 2007-12-04 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterSerenade (Post 1270533)

There is always Captain Retsu Unohana around, who would keep the disease in check.... Which leads to the other question: Why hasn't Unohana cured Ukitake after all these years?? :heh:

Wych 2007-12-07 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashesatdusk (Post 1272164)
think the biggest problem he has is really introducing some sort of twist with a particular secondary character and then just leave them sitting there for a while.

So far we have Viazard's and no real knowledge of who they are? Ichi's dad is a Shinigami, without any back ground information, Same for Ishida's is the heir to Quincy (which is a bit less random)

Urolquia or however you spell it has been sealed for how long now?

As for no one dies in bleach... i think it should be rephrased no one with any plot significance dies in bleach. That doesn't bug me nearly as much, as it used too. I think One Piece viewers have more to complain about.

I think they plan on keeping Ichigo's dad stored up for a later fight. This is speculation but maybe he saves Ichigo from somebody like Aizen, then this pumps Ichigo up and he kills the bad guy then he tells flashbacks as he dies or something.

Ulq was meant to be sealed for a few hours which seems reasonable since I would guess the manga has only gone on about an hour os so since then, it just seems longer because of how many chapters have passed.

I like that nobody had died at first but, somebody jumping in to save someone at the last second gets a bit boring after the 10th time. Hopefully somebody significant will die soon to keep the plot going. (Chad or Rukia sound like good candidates)

Arthas1011 2007-12-10 17:35

I say orihime would make a better candidate

Zenemis 2007-12-10 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makashi_Menace (Post 1282994)
There is always Captain Retsu Unohana around, who would keep the disease in check.... Which leads to the other question: Why hasn't Unohana cured Ukitake after all these years?? :heh:

This isn't something wimpy like having magical spikes stabbed through your body, or being struck by energy attacks that demolish buildings...

This is Tuberculosis man, serious business.

Though, where was it mentioned that it was indeed TB?

Casshern 2007-12-11 12:25

Although coughing up blood can only mean either lung cancer (no cure) or tuberculosis (can be cured), the situation with Ukitake is really much simpler. It all comes down to the fact that (once again) this is shounen manga and Ukitake is the archetypical "frail samurai", just like Rurouni Kenshin and Ukyo Tachibana (samurai shodown). Sure, he could be healed, but that would ruin the image Kubo wants him to have. The archetypical "frail samurai" is supposed to be physically weak yet unbeatable in swordsmanship. These characters usually remain undefeated 'till their disease kills them. Didn't Genryusai mention that Kouryaku and Ukitake were his two undefeated students when he was about to fight them in the SS arc?

What would be left of Ukitake if it wasn't for his illness? He'd either be the male version of Unohana or a kinder, humbler version of Byakuya. In other words he'd be boring as hell.

Besides, if fans pressured Kubo to explain Ukitake's situation he'd probably come up with a half assed chapter that would dissapoint everyone and Ukitake would still be the way he is now, albeit with a lame background story. So it's better if we don't know and he maintains some mystery.

empzone 2007-12-11 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 1293637)
What would be left of Ukitake if it wasn't for his illness? He'd either be the male version of Unohana or a kinder, humbler version of Byakuya. In other words he'd be boring as hell.

Besides, if fans pressured Kubo to explain Ukitake's situation he'd probably come up with a half assed chapter that would dissapoint everyone and Ukitake would still be the way he is now, albeit with a lame background story. So it's better if we don't know and he maintains some mystery.

Ukitake's illness doesn't bug me as long as we don't know what it is. If it's tuberculosis... GAH.

Ryuujin 2007-12-12 18:05

Like I said, my problem is the whole "why is there disease in the afterlife?" angle, which raises so damn many questions...

Ban kai 2007-12-12 19:37

ICHIGO"S BAN KAI! it is pretty stupid compared to everybodys elses.

Blood_Knight 2007-12-13 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ban kai (Post 1295794)

which is why he needed another damm power up to make it look kewl, so far the only time it was really useful was against Byakuya, it was practically made for that battle, which i dont see how super speed will go against illusions, its insane that Ichigo is shown to be super speed yet gets pulverized from being too slow, it just doent make sense, i mean theres bankai, use it!!:(

Casshern 2007-12-13 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ban kai (Post 1295794)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood_Knight (Post 1296400)
which is why he needed another damm power up to make it look kewl, so far the only time it was really useful was against Byakuya, it was practically made for that battle, which i dont see how super speed will go against illusions, its insane that Ichigo is shown to be super speed yet gets pulverized from being too slow, it just doent make sense, i mean theres bankai, use it!!:(

Kubo should've given Ichigo's (and RENJI'S) ban kai another technique, like Hitsugaya and Byakuya who have various techniques they can only use in their final release.

Ban kai 2007-12-13 15:31

i totaly agree with you

Blood_Knight 2007-12-14 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 1296673)
Kubo should've given Ichigo's (and RENJI'S) ban kai another technique, like Hitsugaya and Byakuya who have various techniques they can only use in their final release.

But hate to say, if Ichigo had another technique, it would be something gay like a final strike [probably some kenshin god mode style slicing], in the end Ichigo has a powerful bankai, Im pretty sure we can remember when he fought byakuya with it, it was super fast and kewl, yet... he doesnt use it to its full potential with even stronger enemies, its either the artists are getting lazy with drawing multiple ichigos, or theyre just giving some handicap to the villians

Ichimaru 2007-12-14 10:16

what went wrong was no character buildup or plot wise b4 a fight

it seems like fight after fight, after fight...gets pretty boring

then there are the screentime among characters in the series...

seriously seeing that kid hitsuguya for the last 30eps is getting on my nerves now, same with everybody else basically....

we need more screen time on some of the SS captains or guys in HM...

Casshern 2007-12-14 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood_Knight (Post 1297732)
But hate to say, if Ichigo had another technique, it would be something gay like a final strike [probably some kenshin god mode style slicing], in the end Ichigo has a powerful bankai, Im pretty sure we can remember when he fought byakuya with it, it was super fast and kewl, yet... he doesnt use it to its full potential with even stronger enemies, its either the artists are getting lazy with drawing multiple ichigos, or theyre just giving some handicap to the villians

True, but ban kai was supposed to be something that takes years to achieve and "forever" (so to speak) to master. With Ichigo it was more like "Ok, got my ban kai in three days. What's next? Vizards you say? Ok, lets do it...". Since he first got his ban kai, even 'till now, there hasn't been a single attempt to advance his technique and style, he's just contantly going for more power.

As for Renji, he doesn't even get more power. Time froze for him since he got his ban kai.

Ichimaru is right. There hasn't been any character development in ages. No sooner had they saved Rukia before getting into a brawl with Grimjaw's buddies, followed by a crash course in vizard transfomation for Ichigo (ban kai style) and off to Hueco Mundo they go.

Arthas1011 2007-12-18 16:27

Maybe if Kubo found a way of changing his bankai? Like say his dad get killed and he is sooo mad about it that his bankai sort of "evolves" and his personality traits change from being moody to being absolutely on edge at all times