AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80421)

Kyourin 2009-05-26 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2418786)
Did anyone else think of Office Space when the whole stapler thing was mentioned?

hochikisu first came into mind ..

made sense since "kisu = kiss" + love are related ^w^

kyonkun79 2009-05-27 09:34

check it out, a paper stop motion animation of fuwa fuwa time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0gJEUrWF4

Kana Futayo 2009-05-27 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyonkun79 (Post 2419841)
check it out, a paper stop motion animation of fuwa fuwa time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0gJEUrWF4

Very nice, A job well done. :nod:
But this post along with the other one should better be off here instead. ;)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80422

kyonkun79 2009-05-27 10:24

you're right, sorry -_- didn't see the other thread.

onemadcow 2009-05-27 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2416109)
Has it been established whether the girls play their own instruments on any of these singles or insert songs? I can't find the names of the players in the anime credits or in what I've seen of the jackets. "Mio" is supposed to have written the lyrics, but I don't know what that means. Did Hikasa Youko write them?

While I can't find anything definitive to prove it, I seriously doubt that any of the girls actually played instruments on the K-on singles. Finding 4 seiyuu that can sing decently together is hard enough, thinking that they can play instruments is asking too much. :D

Thinking more on that, I can only remember a few seiyuu that I've ever seen playing instruments at all. Chihara Minori is one, I believe that Hirano Aya is working on guitar, and Iwao Junko was an accomplished singer/pianist/songwriter. Can anyone think of any others?

As for writing lyrics, there is one lyracist cited for all of the other songs that the the Sakurako Keionbu have done: 大森祥子 (sorry, no romanji name, no wiki page either...). The first couple of lines of 'Fuwa x2' were pulled from the manga, and since the rest seem to fit together pretty well, I'm assuming that either Kakifly wrote them and preferred to use 'Mio' as a pen name, or that the staff lyricist completed the job.

Just as interesting, the music composers don't have much of a history either, making me wonder if KyoAni's real skill is in finding new talent. The music for all but 'Cagayake!' is 前澤寛之, and a brief search turned up music credits for AKB48, Melon Kinenbi and Hirano Aya. 'Cagayake!' was written by Tom-H@ck, and though I coudn't find any other credits, he did have an interesting website...

yezhanquan 2009-05-27 18:55

Iwao Junko is semi-retired now, last I heard.

Seiyuu who plays instruments are likely to be those who can be full-time singers.

kyosak 2009-05-27 20:25

I can't wait for the single for that stapler song to come out! :X

As for Fuwa Fuwa Time, I enjoyed K-On's version of Tsubasa wo Kudasai more, lol.

musume_no_hoshi 2009-05-28 06:09

Ayako Kawasumi is a skilled pianist, and wrote the opening to Piano. Haruko Momoi plays the pianica and composes her own songs. Even the super-popular Nana Mizuki composed a couple of songs too, I don't remember reading anywhere that she knows any instruments well. I do find Super Generation by Nana Mizuki pretty good. From Mayaa Sakamoto recent concert tour, she seems to know how to play the piano pretty well too.

Hirano Aya should just practice singing before learning any instruments...-cough-

I was thinking the same thing, I couldn't find in the jackets who played the instruments in the song. From other jackets I seen before, they credit the people that played them. I thought the song writers aren't found by the animators but by the production company? Althought KyoAni has a good track record of finding good unknown seiyuu.

onemadcow 2009-06-02 18:03

Update time for sales, Week 6/2

Fuwafuwa Time was 11 for the week, 13,363 sold (total 52,821)
Don't Say 'Lazy' was 20 for the week, 6,810 sold (total 129,701)
Cagayake! Girls was 27 for the week, 6,046 sold (total 117,078)

Not a bad week overall, but Cagayake! and Fuwa x2 look like they are beginning to fade. You might see another slight boost from the soundtrack release, but we might not have much to cheer for until the Mio/Yui singles get released at this point.

Kyourin 2009-06-02 20:21

Looking forward to the Stapler release XD

Tamad 2009-06-03 11:44

Has the Stapler single been given a date already?

Midonin 2009-06-03 18:15

All music sources for the show point to it not being released anywhere yet.

keion 2009-06-04 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemadcow (Post 2431806)
Update time for sales, Week 6/2

Fuwafuwa Time was 11 for the week, 13,363 sold (total 52,821)
Don't Say 'Lazy' was 20 for the week, 6,810 sold (total 129,701)
Cagayake! Girls was 27 for the week, 6,046 sold (total 117,078)

Not a bad week overall, but Cagayake! and Fuwa x2 look like they are beginning to fade. You might see another slight boost from the soundtrack release, but we might not have much to cheer for until the Mio/Yui singles get released at this point.

i am very lucky to get them all

by the way K-On OST is already realease and the character song 1 and 2 will be realeased on june 17

SaintessHeart 2009-06-05 14:29

The OST is already out. For those of you who got it, the music is not bad at all IMO (though not to the standard of Clannad OST or even Sora Kake).

Quite a number of tracks have that 1980s-1990s rock/metal feel.

The sweetest track laced with plenty of nostalgia would be Koneko no Ensou Kai.

grylsyjaeger 2009-06-05 16:34

I just started watching K-On! and I love the OP and ED songs.

I'll definitely get the OST just for full versions of those.

stubby42 2009-06-05 18:12

Since no one answered it in the Q and A

I was wondering, is Azusa singing cagkaye! girls (the opening theme song)?

My reasoning being that in the extended version someone individually names each member of the band and they do their respective solo's the only one not included is Azusa.

Or am I just way off base?

SaintessHeart 2009-06-06 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubby42 (Post 2437290)

My reasoning being that in the extended version someone individually names each member of the band and they do their respective solo's the only one not included is Azusa.

You might be right. In each of the albums they are all doing their personal versions of one of the songs, I am not sure if it is the OP or ED since I totally suck at reading Hiragana.

P.S If my waifu is not getting her own personal version I am going to destroy the world. :p

Midonin 2009-06-06 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 2437758)
In each of the albums they are all doing their personal versions of one of the songs, I am not sure if it is the OP or ED since I totally suck at reading Hiragana.

The song is "Let's Go!", a completely new song.

Ottocycle 2009-06-07 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubby42 (Post 2437290)

There might be a full version included with Azusa included, since in the opening credits she is also credited starting with those episodes with her in.

Sleeply 2009-06-11 06:29

Is anybody else extremely sad/angry/disappointed that the “beach” theme song track isn’t on the OST. You know the one that is played at the beginning of episode 4 and when the train reaches the ocean as well as in episode 10.
I HAVE to have it.